There are 178 users in the forums

Bryce Love

Originally posted by NYniner85:
You biased at all eh? I mean if we're gonna go off college stats we already got a stud in the wings with Williams

Barkley is the ideal 3 down RB...but I love me some love as well.

[b]Glad someone started a thread for this kid
You're welcome
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Viperboy:
I watch a lot of college football, I don't routinely see Guys like this every year

Don't watch nearly enough then. Love is fine but nothing extraordinary. He's an undersized back that likely doesn't figure as a 3 down back in the NFL.

Stanford RBs tend to kill it in college due to the blocking in front of them and then they get to the NFL and they are no longer facing Pac 12 defenses with monster OLs in front of them.

Toby Gerhart
Stepfan Taylor
Christian McCaffrey

All were beasts at Stanford, none has made their mark running the football in the NFL though it is still early for McCaffrey and he has plenty of time to develop into an effective RB.

Barkley is simply a cut well above Love and every other potential RB in this draft class. He is as complete a back as you will find coming out of college.

Not good comparison except for McCaffrey, might as well included Tyler Gafney
You could then say Alabama runners are frauds
Ingram:journeyman
Richardson:bust
Henry:ain't done s**t

I'll check back with you in a couple years
I like love. I'd be ecstatic if we drafted him in the 2nd or later. Point is, dude claims love is better than Barkley. We ask why, he says the stat sheet.

Love is elite at what he does. One cut and go; good vision, great jump cuts, home run speed. However, he is undersized, and his yard total is inflated by the giant holes he has made for him by his oline. Of course, you can't just plug anyone into his role and expect the same results; he has the speed to take advantage of these holes. All I'm saying is, hes good to break 2 or 3 long runs a game because of his speed and the run blocking afforded to him, making his yardage impressive, but not the definitive reason to crown him CFB's best back.

Barkley has comparable speed; likely won't test quite as fast, but he's also a lot bigger. Acceleration, burst, and top end speed are all game changing. His vision, ellusiveness, and cutting ability is every bit as good as love, if not marginally better. His ability to make multiple people, not just must first man, miss is uncanny. His balance is ELITE. What really sets him apart, tho, are his size/strength, his threat as an elite receiving back, and his pass blocking. It's those three things that make him a 3 down back, and to project better to the NFL. Love has the potential to be a game breaker for sure, but Barkley projects better as someone who can create for himself.

For me, give me a trio of Barkley/Breida/Williams. I think Williams and Breida can amount to be poor man's Bryce love, with the ability to break a big one every game or two.
[ Edited by adrianlesnar on Oct 15, 2017 at 12:06 PM ]
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
I like love. I'd be ecstatic if we drafted him in the 2nd or later. Point is, dude claims love is better than Barkley. We ask why, he says the stat sheet.

Love is elite at what he does. One cut and go; good vision, great jump cuts, home run speed. However, he is undersized, and his yard total is inflated by the giant holes he has made for him by his oline. Of course, you can't just plug anyone into his role and expect the same results; he has the speed to take advantage of these holes. All I'm saying is, hes good to break 2 or 3 long runs a game because of his speed and the run blocking afforded to him, making his yardage impressive, but not the definitive reason to crown him CFB's best back.

Barkley has comparable speed; likely won't test quite as fast, but he's also a lot bigger. Acceleration, burst, and top end speed are all game changing. His vision, ellusiveness, and cutting ability is every bit as good as love, if not marginally better. His ability to make multiple people, not just must first man, miss is uncanny. His balance is ELITE. What really sets him apart, tho, are his size/strength, his threat as an elite receiving back, and his pass blocking. It's those three things that make him a 3 down back, and to project better to the NFL. Love has the potential to be a game breaker for sure, but Barkley projects better as someone who can create for himself.

For me, give me a trio of Barkley/Breida/Williams. I think Williams and Breida can amount to be poor man's Bryce love, with the ability to break a big one every game or two.

Very good post.
Barkley is clearly a different animal, but I tell you what, Love might be better than Brieda and Williams put together.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Stats say it all, and Just watch him. Beast

You biased at all eh? I mean if we're gonna go off college stats we already got a stud in the wings with Williams

Barkley is the ideal 3 down RB...but I love me some love as well.

Glad someone started a thread for this kid
biased ?, That east coast bias is the worst

Love is every down back also, but Love actually tears it up
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I watch a lot of college football, I don't routinely see Guys like this every year

Don't watch nearly enough then. Love is fine but nothing extraordinary. He's an undersized back that likely doesn't figure as a 3 down back in the NFL.

Stanford RBs tend to kill it in college due to the blocking in front of them and then they get to the NFL and they are no longer facing Pac 12 defenses with monster OLs in front of them.

Toby Gerhart
Stepfan Taylor
Christian McCaffrey

All were beasts at Stanford, none has made their mark running the football in the NFL though it is still early for McCaffrey and he has plenty of time to develop into an effective RB.

Barkley is simply a cut well above Love and every other potential RB in this draft class. He is as complete a back as you will find coming out of college.

Not good comparison except for McCaffrey, might as well included Tyler Gafney
You could then say Alabama runners are frauds
Ingram:journeyman
Richardson:bust
Henry:ain't done s**t

I'll check back with you in a couple years
seriously, the undersized comment is weak when its only weight difference

Thought you were a west coast guy...my bad

Thought you were a west coast guy...my bad

Lol i am

But your coast always discredits the West like you are doing now with love
Bryce Love: career yards 2395 rushing, 342 yards receiving, 18 total touchdowns

Saquon Barkley: career yards 3221 rushing, 958 yards receiving, 38 total touchdowns

Both started in 2015, those are the stats.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
The guy is putting up all-time great numbers. You can't just casually toss that aside by saying "well, it's Stanford..."

At 5'10" 200 lbs he has plenty of size for the modern NFL. Looking forward to seeing how he does the remainder of the year. Plenty of high quality RBs again this year.

Originally posted by Eastcoastniner:

Saquon Barkley: career yards 3221 rushing, 958 yards receiving, 38 total touchdowns

Unless I'm missing something Barkley wasn't backing up an NFL top ten pick the first 2 years
By the way I don't think anybody is saying Love is the better pro prospect
Unless I'm missing something Barkley wasn't backing up an NFL top ten pick the first 2 years
Love > Barkley

Oh.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran

Your "analysis" with the stats is a joke, and you know it.

I agree with you Barkley is the better pro prospect. But you, personally, can do a much better job making the case than cherry picking stats while intentionally removing context.

Of course Barkley is going to have all the volume stats (yards and touchdowns). He has been actually STARTING for three years. We all know Love was stuck behind perhaps the greatest college RB in a decade. In what world could Love possibly compete on your cherry picked stats in that scenario?

Here are some other stats for you that provide more context:

Yards per carry
Bryce Love
2017: 10.3
2016: 7.0
2015: 7.8

Saquon Barkley
2017: 6.4
2016: 5.5
2015: 5.9

Also, no mention from you that Love is crushing Barkley in every 2017 rushing category.

Those are the stats.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran

He's just throwing out data points without any context. He might as well have thrown out the numbers for some other random RB who hasn't started for three years.
Originally posted by okdkid:

He's just throwing out data points without any context. He might as well have thrown out the numbers for some other random RB who hasn't started for three years.

I gave the stats because that's all 49att is using to back up his claim lol relax
[ Edited by Eastcoastniner on Oct 16, 2017 at 8:34 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone