LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 314 users in the forums

Bryce Love

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Eastcoastniner:
Lol he's a more complete back, and he's 30 lbs heavier. Love is putting up big numbers but I'll take saquon, you can have love.
more of a complete back how? because of 30 lbs

just trying to compare. but it seems like theres not a lot that separates the 2

Barkley is much better in pass protection, much better as a receiver, and harder to bring down. There's a pretty big difference between the two as prospects which is why Barkley is considered a top 5 pick while Love could be a mid-late first round pick. Barkley has 29 receptions through 6 games. He's a good route runner with great hands and is one of the better pass blockers at the college level. Both are likely first round picks, but Barkley is a complete enough back that he could go #1 to the Browns if none of the QBs play well.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
Lol he's a more complete back, and he's 30 lbs heavier. Love is putting up big numbers but I'll take saquon, you can have love.

Barkley is much better in pass protection, much better as a receiver, and harder to bring down. There's a pretty big difference between the two as prospects which is why Barkley is considered a top 5 pick while Love could be a mid-late first round pick. Barkley has 29 receptions through 6 games. He's a good route runner with great hands and is one of the better pass blockers at the college level. Both are likely first round picks, but Barkley is a complete enough back that he could go #1 to the Browns if none of the QBs play well.

Yet he has just ran for 100+ yards in 2 of 6 games this year.
Originally posted by Jcool:

There is more to a player than rushing stats, lol I'm done. Love is amazing, the best ever. Happy now?
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

There is more to a player than rushing stats, lol I'm done. Love is amazing, the best ever. Happy now?

Kind of seems like rushing yards would be pretty important for a running back.
I watch most Stanford games and I'm a big fan of Love's, but at this point not sure how effective he'll be at the NFL level since such incredible speed advantage at the collegiate level tends to get mitigated by the speed of guys playing on Sundays.

It does seem a bit unusual to have a track guy with world-class speed playing RB instead of WR/DB, and he's just not all speed scatback type, I've seen him dish out some vicious stiff arms, break tackles, and also just truck some guys.

As a runner I think he's better than McCaffrey was, but McCaffrey was also a great receiving threat out of the backfield and in the slot...really not too sure about Love's receiving abilities because they don't really use him that way, hopefully he does get more chances to show if he has good hands.
[ Edited by DelCed2486 on Oct 17, 2017 at 9:16 PM ]

you think lol

not the best rusher , not the best receiver. sounds like a situational 3rd down guy to me
Love reminds me of Jahvid Best out of Cal ( but a little better) Best's career of course never got to far due to concussions .

you think lol

not the best rusher , not the best receiver. sounds like a situational 3rd down guy to me

Lol you are missing my point, I'm referring to saquon being the better overall player, sure love is fast And gets a lot of yards, but I doubt his game translates to the NFL as well. Look at your boy mccaffery. And no he's not a situational player, because he runs, blocks, and catches. You get caught up in stats and think that is the whole picture. And as I pointed out before, saquon has better stats overall than your one year wonder, who is now hurt btw. Durability another question mark, along with not catching or blocking, sounds like a situational guy to me

you think lol

Lol you are missing my point, I'm referring to saquon being the better overall player, sure love is fast And gets a lot of yards, but I doubt his game translates to the NFL as well. Look at your boy mccaffery. And no he's not a situational player, because he runs, blocks, and catches. You get caught up in stats and think that is the whole picture. And as I pointed out before, saquon has better stats overall than your one year wonder, who is now hurt btw. Durability another question mark, along with not catching or blocking, sounds like a situational guy to me
one year wonder? Heisman winner McCaff was the starter last year and when McCaff got a breather Love did what he is doing now. Durability ? when was he hurt before ?

i guess love needs to not dominate to get respect
Originally posted by Viperboy:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I watch a lot of college football, I don't routinely see Guys like this every year

Don't watch nearly enough then. Love is fine but nothing extraordinary. He's an undersized back that likely doesn't figure as a 3 down back in the NFL.

Stanford RBs tend to kill it in college due to the blocking in front of them and then they get to the NFL and they are no longer facing Pac 12 defenses with monster OLs in front of them.

Toby Gerhart
Stepfan Taylor
Christian McCaffrey

All were beasts at Stanford, none has made their mark running the football in the NFL though it is still early for McCaffrey and he has plenty of time to develop into an effective RB.

Barkley is simply a cut well above Love and every other potential RB in this draft class. He is as complete a back as you will find coming out of college.

Not good comparison except for McCaffrey, might as well included Tyler Gafney
You could then say Alabama runners are frauds
Ingram:journeyman
Richardson:bust
Henry:ain't done s**t

I'll check back with you in a couple years

Toby Gerhart?

Love is the truth though, I was at the game against Arizona State when he went off for 300 yards and broke McCafrey's (sp) single game rushing record. World class speed!

Love is killing it again. Breaking tackles and out running everyone on d
Originally posted by DickNasty:
Love is killing it again. Breaking tackles and out running everyone on d
Real Deal
Love reminds me of Jahvid Best out of Cal ( but a little better) Best's career of course never got to far due to concussions .

weren't the niners the one to give him a concussion?
Balls
Warrior
Share 49ersWebzone