There are 200 users in the forums

Official NFL Draft Order Thread

The #49ers currently hold the No. 1 pick in the 2018 NFL Draft...

...because the Browns had a bye week.
After week 10:

1. Browns
2. 49ers!!!
3. Giants
4. Colts
5. Bengals
6. Broncos
7. Chargers
8. Buccaneers
9. Browns (via Texans)
10. Bears
11. Jets
12. Cardinals
13. Raiders
14. Ravens
15. Redskins
16. Dolphins
17. Cowboys
18. Lions
19. Falcons
20. Packers

...And the rest would be determined by the postseason.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
The Cardinals are so freaking dumb. They need a future QB in the worst way, are looking a complete rebuild straight in the face...and they're going to potato their way out of the top 10.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
It looks like there will be at least five teams in the top 10 who could potentially take a QB. Not good if you need to trade up. The price is going to absolutely brutal. More than in previous years.
Originally posted by okdkid:
It looks like there will be at least five teams in the top 10 who could potentially take a QB. Not good if you need to trade up. The price is going to absolutely brutal. More than in previous years.

This is why I'm hoping we can remain at 2, which is likely, but not guaranteed. I just want the Rams-Washington RG3 special. After all we have endured we deserve it. I'v e stated in other threads the success of the QBs from these expensive trades recently (Texans with Watson, Eagles with Wentz, and Rams with Goff) will have many more teams willing to pay the steep price of moving up and getting their QB. That Jimmy Garropolo trade could prove to be the most important trade in this rebuild if he works out. So many options are WIDE OPEN for us. And with Beathard looking not absolutely terrible in absolutely terrible conditions, we may even have a QB number 2 of the future.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Damn, the Browns are going to have 2 top 10 picks. (HOU probably would've taken a QB anyway, they just did it a year early with arguably a better player)
Let's go! Back to 2nd. Giants shouldnsneak another game or two. Browns keep fighting but too many mistakes. They should win atleast one. I believe it's vs the packers
Originally posted by DJamhour:
Let's go! Back to 2nd. Giants shouldnsneak another game or two. Browns keep fighting but too many mistakes. They should win atleast one. I believe it's vs the packers
Yes sir! Browns could of had that game..... But they're who we thought they are...
Originally posted by cjsmoove:
Yes sir! Browns could of had that game..... But they're who we thought they are...

Yeah but I think they can get 2. But overall good week for our position. Both division rivals lost so that's a big deal for our SOS as well as the Browns has Ravens and Steelers Win. So our SOS could be about even now where 2 weeks ago we had a much tougher SOS. I'll calculate it either tonight or after tomorrow's game. I would be surprised if we had a weaker one now
Originally posted by cjsmoove:

Yeah but I think they can get 2. But overall good week for our position. Both division rivals lost so that's a big deal for our SOS as well as the Browns has Ravens and Steelers Win. So our SOS could be about even now where 2 weeks ago we had a much tougher SOS. I'll calculate it either tonight or after tomorrow's game. I would be surprised if we had a weaker one now

Having the Cleveland "Perfect Reverse QB Barometer" Browns picking 1st is actually really good for the 2nd overall picks value.

• mayo49
  • Veteran
I think we can stay at #2 for a while. NY has a couple of winnable games coming up, as does Cleveland.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Nov 19, 2017 at 9:49 PM ]
Originally posted by mayo49:
I can think we can stay at #2 for a while. NY has a couple of winnable games coming up, as does Cleveland.

Hopefully, that's the furthest we drop. We have a few winnable games. Seattle depending on Kam and Earl Thomas. Especially with Sherman and Avril on IR, we'll see. Then comes Bears and Texans I believe, we should win Atleast one, probably 2 of those 3.

As far as SOS for the opponents played up to this week.

1. Browns .550
2. 49ers .510 or .520 depends if Seahawks win or lose MNF
3. Giants (Same as Niners)

So those bengals, pit, ravens wins this week along with cardinals rams losses quickly flipped the script with our SOS(ours was much stronger about 2 weeks ago) . Hopefully browns can manage like 2 wins in their next few games with Chargers bengals ravens packers
[ Edited by DJamhour on Nov 19, 2017 at 9:26 PM ]
If we get a top 2 pick, all those close losses early in the season will suddenly be a blessing in disguise.

I actively root for wins, though. I'm hoping the rest of the three-win teams find a way to get a win, because I think we could still win two more games the rest of the way.
Originally posted by mayo49:
I can think we can stay at #2 for a while. NY has a couple of winnable games coming up, as does Cleveland.

Hopefully, that's the furthest we drop. We have a few winnable games. Seattle depending on Kam and Earl Thomas. Especially without Sherman and Avril on IR. So we'll see. Then comes Bears and Texans I believe, we should win atleast one of those 3 in my opinion.

As far as SOS up to this this opponents play til this week.

1. Browns .550
2. 49ers .510 or .520 depends if Seahawks win or lose MNF
3. Giants (Same as Niners)

So those bengals, pit, ravens wins along with cardinals rams losses quickly flipped the script with our SOS. Hopefully browns can manage like 2 wins in their next few games with Chargers bengals ravens packers

http://www.tankathon.com/nfl

That's what I use to keep track.

SOS is very close between us and Cleveland.

We both play the AFC South, so they're out of the equation. Browns play rest of AFC North, NFC North, Jets and Chargers. We play the rest of the NFC West, NFC East, Bears and Panthers (Bears are out of the equation too).

So that means these teams are affiliated uniquely with each strength of schedule:

Browns (we want these teams to win playing other teams):
Steelers
Ravens
Bengals
Packers
Lions
Vikings
Jets
Chargers

49ers (we want these teams to lose playing other teams):
Rams
Seahawks
Cardinals
Giants
Cowboys
Eagles
Redskins
Panthers

Between us and the Giants, we have to focus on:

Giants (we want these teams to win playing other teams):
Broncos
Chargers
Raiders
Chiefs
Bucs
Lions

Titans
Jaguars
Texans
Colts
Panthers
Bears

Do divisional rivals count twice into SOS, or only once? That's what's always bothered me when trying to calculate this out.
[ Edited by Fanaticofnfl on Nov 19, 2017 at 9:33 PM ]
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
http://www.tankathon.com/nfl

That's what I use to keep track.

SOS is very close between us and Cleveland.

We both play the AFC South, so they're out of the equation. Browns play rest of AFC North, NFC North, Jets and Chargers. We play the rest of the NFC West, NFC East, Bears and Panthers (Bears are out of the equation too).

So that means these teams are affiliated uniquely with each strength of schedule:

Browns (we want these teams to win playing other teams):
Steelers
Ravens
Bengals
Packers
Lions
Vikings
Jets
Chargers

Rams
Seahawks
Cardinals
Giants
Cowboys
Eagles
Redskins
Panthers

Between us and the Giants, we have to focus on:

Giants (we want these teams to win playing other teams):
Broncos
Chargers
Raiders
Chiefs
Bucs
Lions

Titans
Jaguars
Texans
Colts
Panthers
Bears

Do divisional rivals count twice into SOS, or only once? That's what's always bothered me when trying to calculate this out.

I've seen multiple sites and they were different so I decided to calculate it myself. Division opponents counts twice since you play twice. The SOS I came up with for us Browns and Giants are only for the games we have already played. Didn't calculate the the remaining 6 games.
Share 49ersWebzone