There are 216 users in the forums

Hercules Mata' Afa DE Washington State

I still want him. His tape is still very good.
Originally posted by Dillesq:
I still want him. His tape is still very good.

Yup, I'm still in. F* the combine
Originally posted by Heroism:
This guy's stock fell off a cliff for me.

Didn't you call the combine the underwear Olympics like a week ago probably half joking?
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Didn't you call the combine the underwear Olympics like a week ago probably half joking?

Mata'afa's hallmark is his athleticism. I was expecting him to be dynamic at the combine. It was the opposite. Dude is incredibly raw and the move to edge is a bit of a projection. You can't be raw and unathletic. I can't buy that stock.

Part of me feels like he put on substantial weight for the combine to meet team's threshold, and it crippled his athleticism.
[ Edited by Heroism on Mar 8, 2018 at 2:20 PM ]

Mata'afa's hallmark is his athleticism. I was expecting him to be dynamic at the combine. It was the opposite. Dude is incredibly raw and the move to edge is a bit of a projection. You can't be raw and unathletic. I can't buy that stock.

What if he's there in the 5th?

5th-round picks are valuable under this regime. They're not automatic, throw-away picks like they were under Baalke. Lynch and his team have proven they can find quality starters in that round and beyond.

s**t, every pick is valuable when the team has a competent evaluation department.
[ Edited by Heroism on Mar 8, 2018 at 2:24 PM ]

5th-round picks are valuable under this regime. They're not automatic, throw-away picks like they were under Baalke. Lynch and his team have proven they can find quality starters in that round and beyond.

s**t, every pick is valuable when the team has a competent evaluation department.

Oh I feel you. Just wanted your take on maybe you were thinking juice is worth the squeeze in the 5th .

I dunno how the hell Kittle fell so far. But Taylor was seen as a guy with limitations that just got it done and was productive. So he was worth the "risk".
[ Edited by SmokeCrabtrees on Mar 8, 2018 at 2:33 PM ]
These are the edge that interest me most after round 1

Obo
Kemoko Turay
Duke Ejiofor
Jeff Holland
Josh Sweat
These are the edge that interest me most after round 1

Obo
Kemoko Turay
Duke Ejiofor
Jeff Holland
Josh Sweat

How do you feel about taking two of those 4 guys?

Part of me feels like he put on substantial weight for the combine to meet team's threshold, and it crippled his athleticism.

Not to mention the fastest first step you'll ever see....

#Vikings rookie DE Hercules Mata'afa suffered a torn ACL in today's OTA practice, source said. They had been excited about him. Another rough spring injury. (@TonyPauline on it first)
Originally posted by 49er_Rider:
#Vikings rookie DE Hercules Mata'afa suffered a torn ACL in today's OTA practice, source said. They had been excited about him. Another rough spring injury. (@TonyPauline on it first)

Bummer. I really wanted to see him boom this season as a rookie.
That sucks.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
That sucks.

Sheesh. Oko broken foot, herc torn ACL.

Turay and Landry should be sweatin, talking about you as well Josh
Share 49ersWebzone