There are 237 users in the forums

Jaire Alexander CB Louisville

Put me in the love this guy camp.

Chris Harris a good comp?
Really like this kid. Been eying him as a 2nd or 3rd prospect for a while now. He looks like a def 2nd rd pick now
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Put me in the love this guy camp.

Chris Harris a good comp?

I think that's a fair comp. I think he plays with more swagger than Harris who's more reserved and let's Talib talk. But just flat out cover skills I'd say he's on par with Verrett, Harris and Darby
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:
Really like this kid. Been eying him as a 2nd or 3rd prospect for a while now. He looks like a def 2nd rd pick now

Don't know if he was ever likely to see the 3rd round. I'd be surprised if he's on the board by mid 2nd at this point.
Originally posted by Dillesq:
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Yeah, I think some teams will convince themselves he's lacking some length and that his 2017 film is a bummer. I think his 2016 film showed the best CB in this draft, and I think playing hurt damaged his stock. I think he has the best chance to be a true lockdown CB in the class, and I hope we can still steal him in the 3rd.

I highly doubt he's there in the 3rd. More than likely he goes late first and early second at the latest.

In this draft, someone has to fall. Jackson, Ward, Fitz, Alexander, Meeks, Davis, McFadden, and (maybe) James are all quality CBs who could go earlier or later based upon team preferences. I see some of them as day 1 guys and some of them as day 2 guys. Alexander's 2017 film was not at all on par with his 2016 film. Some teams will hold that against him as regression, some will write it off as his floor, due to playing hurt. They won't all go on Day 1. With the limited depth at OT and other spots that show a bit of talent at the top, I think some teams will think they can get their guy later on. and I hope we can beat them to the punch. There are so many guys I want in this draft.

Edge: Chubb( except no chance), Okoronkwo, Landry, Sweat, Holland...
CB: Alexander, Jackson, or Meeks
RB: Michel, RoJo, Penny, Guice, Chubb, Walton...

I want the team to hit on these groups as efficiently as possible, and I had hoped that the loaded CB class would allow Alexander to slip. It still might. Again, someone has to fall. There are still only 64 picks in the first two rounds.
Originally posted by jcs:
4.38 40

DAMN. IT.
In this draft, someone has to fall. Jackson, Ward, Fitz, Alexander, Meeks, Davis, McFadden, and (maybe) James are all quality CBs who could go earlier or later based upon team preferences. I see some of them as day 1 guys and some of them as day 2 guys. Alexander's 2017 film was not at all on par with his 2016 film. Some teams will hold that against him as regression, some will write it off as his floor, due to playing hurt. They won't all go on Day 1. With the limited depth at OT and other spots that show a bit of talent at the top, I think some teams will think they can get their guy later on. and I hope we can beat them to the punch. There are so many guys I want in this draft.

Edge: Chubb( except no chance), Okoronkwo, Landry, Sweat, Holland...
CB: Alexander, Jackson, or Meeks
RB: Michel, RoJo, Penny, Guice, Chubb, Walton...

I want the team to hit on these groups as efficiently as possible, and I had hoped that the loaded CB class would allow Alexander to slip. It still might. Again, someone has to fall. There are still only 64 picks in the first two rounds.

With how loaded this class is at CB and RB, i think some really good realistic options for us at RB later would be Royce Freeman if we wait. At CB, I'd love Holton Hill, Who ran 4.50 at 6'3" 200.

Those two are 4th round steals.

Before that i certainly want to address Edge, LB, iOL. To that end, like Roquan, Josh Sweat, Braden Smith. Add the above and it's a great draft. This is all assuming we add a CB And WR in FA.
Dang, Jeremiah mocked him #10 to the Raiders.
He might be the first cornerback taken in the draft

he should be. he's CB1 in this class by far

They all are starting to get it. Oh well onto pumping up some of the other gems in the draft. DJ Reed or Kevin Tolliver will do the trick

Shhhhhhh!

Are you the guy who told everyone?

This was supposed to be a WZ secret! He was mocked into the third right up until the combine. I'm legitimately sad right now.

Shhhhhhh!

This was supposed to be a WZ secret! He was mocked into the third right up until the combine. I'm legitimately sad right now.

Hard to keep greatness a secret
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

Shhhhhhh!

Hard to keep greatness a secret

His best tape was in 2016, it's not like he crept up on anyone. Everyone just convinced themselves he was outside of the archetype in a year with a lot of ideal body types, then he turned out to be dimensionally similar to the top guys and... damn.
His best tape was in 2016, it's not like he crept up on anyone. Everyone just convinced themselves he was outside of the archetype in a year with a lot of ideal body types, then he turned out to be dimensionally similar to the top guys and... damn.

Yeah I've been pounding the table all year how good he was. What did he allow like a 17 passer rating when targeted. The fact it took them to see him at the combine to realize how good he was is embarrassing.
Share 49ersWebzone