There are 707 users in the forums
DB Watch List
Browse 49ers books and videos
Dec 12, 2017 at 11:49 AM
- tatdwolf49
- Veteran
- Posts: 3,206
Anyone have any thoughts about Tarvarus McFadden, CB, Florida State ??? Think last yr he was getting some luv around here not so much now ...
Dec 12, 2017 at 11:50 AM
- Hysterikal
- Veteran
- Posts: 40,038
If we draft a FS im hoping we either go Deshon Elliot or Van Smith(if he declares)
Dec 12, 2017 at 12:05 PM
- MRNINESEVEN
- Veteran
- Posts: 10,730
Fitzpatrick hands down the top of the class
Dec 12, 2017 at 12:11 PM
- Hysterikal
- Veteran
- Posts: 40,038
Originally posted by wailers15:Fitzpatrick hands down the top of the class
Respectfully disagree
Dec 12, 2017 at 11:51 PM
- Kolohe
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 67,079
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
Anyone have any thoughts about Tarvarus McFadden, CB, Florida State ??? Think last yr he was getting some luv around here not so much now ...
Yah this is the 1st round pick I wanted in September, but not anymore with Ahkello Witherspoon shinning. I'd rather sign Trumaine Johnson than draft a CB with the 1st pick. Also McFadden has been pretty average this season, nothing I think that warrants a top 10 pick, well if you're judging him off that Miami game he doesn't!!
Dec 13, 2017 at 8:02 PM
- tohara3
- Veteran
- Posts: 30,809
Originally posted by Kolohe:Originally posted by tatdwolf49:Anyone have any thoughts about Tarvarus McFadden, CB, Florida State ??? Think last yr he was getting some luv around here not so much now ...
Yah this is the 1st round pick I wanted in September, but not anymore with Ahkello Witherspoon shinning. I'd rather sign Trumaine Johnson than draft a CB with the 1st pick. Also McFadden has been pretty average this season, nothing I think that warrants a top 10 pick, well if you're judging him off that Miami game he doesn't!!
This is the guy i wanted & would like to have in this defense. I do think he will make it until the latter part of round 1 unless he blows up the combine & workouts
Dec 13, 2017 at 8:06 PM
- SmokeCrabtrees
- Veteran
- Posts: 15,580
Originally posted by tohara3:Originally posted by Kolohe:Originally posted by tatdwolf49:Anyone have any thoughts about Tarvarus McFadden, CB, Florida State ??? Think last yr he was getting some luv around here not so much now ...
Yah this is the 1st round pick I wanted in September, but not anymore with Ahkello Witherspoon shinning. I'd rather sign Trumaine Johnson than draft a CB with the 1st pick. Also McFadden has been pretty average this season, nothing I think that warrants a top 10 pick, well if you're judging him off that Miami game he doesn't!!
This is the guy i wanted & would like to have in this defense. I do think he will make it until the latter part of round 1 unless he blows up the combine & workouts
Ideally id like us to have a Malcolm Smith type of signing at CB and then maybe take one with a third-5th.
Dec 13, 2017 at 8:08 PM
- eastcoast49ersfan
- Veteran
- Posts: 4,112
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
Anyone have any thoughts about Tarvarus McFadden, CB, Florida State ??? Think last yr he was getting some luv around here not so much now ...
Yah this is the 1st round pick I wanted in September, but not anymore with Ahkello Witherspoon shinning. I'd rather sign Trumaine Johnson than draft a CB with the 1st pick. Also McFadden has been pretty average this season, nothing I think that warrants a top 10 pick, well if you're judging him off that Miami game he doesn't!!
This is the guy i wanted & would like to have in this defense. I do think he will make it until the latter part of round 1 unless he blows up the combine & workouts
Ideally id like us to have a Malcolm Smith type of signing at CB and then maybe take one with a third-5th.
You want to overpay a player another team doesn't want anymore and end up cutting them in a year or two in all likelihood because they're no good? I'll take my chances on a decent free agent or a rookie...
Dec 13, 2017 at 8:12 PM
- SmokeCrabtrees
- Veteran
- Posts: 15,580
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:Originally posted by tohara3:Originally posted by Kolohe:Originally posted by tatdwolf49:Anyone have any thoughts about Tarvarus McFadden, CB, Florida State ??? Think last yr he was getting some luv around here not so much now ...
Yah this is the 1st round pick I wanted in September, but not anymore with Ahkello Witherspoon shinning. I'd rather sign Trumaine Johnson than draft a CB with the 1st pick. Also McFadden has been pretty average this season, nothing I think that warrants a top 10 pick, well if you're judging him off that Miami game he doesn't!!
This is the guy i wanted & would like to have in this defense. I do think he will make it until the latter part of round 1 unless he blows up the combine & workouts
Ideally id like us to have a Malcolm Smith type of signing at CB and then maybe take one with a third-5th.
You want to overpay a player another team doesn't want anymore and end up cutting them in a year or two in all likelihood because they're no good? I'll take my chances on a decent free agent or a rookie...
I think Malcolm will bounce back and at worst be a solid base player. Had a torn pectoral. Unfair to automatically write him off IMO. At the end of the day though i dont mind a rookie if we dont sign one in FA(Ward?) and take one in the draft that can compete day one.
[ Edited by SmokeCrabtrees on Dec 15, 2017 at 10:51 PM ]
Dec 13, 2017 at 9:02 PM
- gold49digger
- Veteran
- Posts: 17,719
I have a sneaking suspicion that we could end up with joshua jackson. him and witherspoon would form a damn good duo for the years to come.
Dec 13, 2017 at 9:30 PM
- Hysterikal
- Veteran
- Posts: 40,038
Originally posted by gold49digger:I have a sneaking suspicion that we could end up with joshua jackson. him and witherspoon would form a damn good duo for the years to come.
Agreed as long as we stick to cover 3 for years to come.
Dec 13, 2017 at 9:43 PM
- ChaunceyGardner
- Q46 Draft Winner
- Posts: 23,891
Jalen Davis, Utah State undersized but still my favorite mid round DB
Dec 15, 2017 at 4:33 PM
- NYniner85
- Veteran
- Posts: 119,117
#49ers show interest in UTSA CB Devron Davis, a rising prospect in 2018 https://t.co/0ErdgBr3mQ pic.twitter.com/ACSfN5XP2y
— Dylan DeSimone (@DylanADeSimone) December 13, 2017
Dec 15, 2017 at 4:35 PM
- NYniner85
- Veteran
- Posts: 119,117
2018 NFL draft: Cornerback rankings https://t.co/HWTBoprXYH
— Draft Wire (@TheDraftWire) December 11, 2017
Dec 15, 2017 at 6:37 PM
- adrianlesnar
- Veteran
- Posts: 6,476
In order of draft crush:
Isaiah Oliver, Colorado (rd 1/2)
Darius Phillips, Western Michigan (rd 2-4)
Devron Davis, Texas-San Antonio (rd 3/4)
Michael Joseph, Dubuque (rd 4-6)
Isaiah Oliver, Colorado (rd 1/2)
Darius Phillips, Western Michigan (rd 2-4)
Devron Davis, Texas-San Antonio (rd 3/4)
Michael Joseph, Dubuque (rd 4-6)
[ Edited by adrianlesnar on Dec 15, 2017 at 6:39 PM ]