There are 218 users in the forums

Malik Jefferson LB Texas

While Tremaine Edmunds has all the buzz right now, Malik Jefferson is the one who's likely to destroy the combine. Jeez. Those whispers questioning his passion for the game terrify me.

[ Edited by Heroism on Feb 20, 2018 at 5:38 PM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:
While Tremaine Edmunds has all the buzz right now, Malik Jefferson is the one who's likely to destroy the combine. Jeez. Those whispers questioning his passion for the game terrify me.

Lol was just gonna post this...no one ever doubted he was a ridiculous athlete.
He ran a 4.3 40 in high school. His problem is mental processing just like Edmunds. But he's a freak athlete.
His tape isn't very good. His game vs USC is outstanding. Everything else is meh. Dude is a big-time guesser, but when he sees it, he looks mighty impressive.
[ Edited by Heroism on Feb 20, 2018 at 5:41 PM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:
His tape isn't very good. His game vs USC is outstanding. Everything else is meh. Dude is a big-time guesser, but when he sees it, he looks mighty impressive.

I agree with this but at least his weakness could be taught, I'm sure he's never truly did extensive work on the film room at Texas, if he's available at the niners 2nd round pick id take him in a heartbeat..
Originally posted by jersey49er:
I agree with this but at least his weakness could be taught, I'm sure he's never truly did extensive work on the film room at Texas, if he's available at the niners 2nd round pick id take him in a heartbeat..

Only if you believe instincts can be taught. He's not a LB, he's an athlete who happens to play LB, huge difference there.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by jersey49er:

Only if you believe instincts can be taught. He's not a LB, he's an athlete who happens to play LB, huge difference there.

Are we gonna sit here and believe every player has been coached up properly for the next level? I really don't get it, instincts based on situation can and IMO are mostly based on mastering your craft and having big time knowledge allowing you to create havoc on the fly.

I get your point trust me, but that's why we love this game... And draft season, some guys learn and perfect technique etc... Some don't. Right?
[ Edited by SmokeCrabtrees on Feb 20, 2018 at 11:50 PM ]
Really, really like this kid. I wanted him in the 3rd rd but he will be a 2nd rd pick and I wouldn't be mad if we took him in the 2nd.
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:
Really, really like this kid. I wanted him in the 3rd rd but he will be a 2nd rd pick and I wouldn't be mad if we took him in the 2nd.

I think he was playing out of position at MLB for Texas. He's more suited as a Will or OLB.
Originally posted by Dillesq:
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:

I think he was playing out of position at MLB for Texas. He's more suited as a Will or OLB.

He's got the strength and agility to play MLB and he's not even jacked. Seems like he has frame to add more weight and some more strength to handle playing MLB.

Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
He's got the strength and agility to play MLB and he's not even jacked. Seems like he has frame to add more weight and some more strength to handle playing MLB.

I just dont think he has the mental processing to the play middle. He's super athletic and great against the run, so I say let him run as a Will or OLB to play his strengths.
Originally posted by Dillesq:
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:

I just dont think he has the mental processing to the play middle. He's super athletic and great against the run, so I say let him run as a Will or OLB to play his strengths.

I feel you. Got no issue with Froster as MLB.
Say we take Landry at 9.

Malik Jefferson has every bit of the athletic potential to become a stud LB. If he can be taught, I think he can be an elite player. That being said, his instincts are bad at times. He makes so great plays, and I think he has less head scratcher plays than Edmunds as well. But Edmunds is only 19.. so...

If Malik Jefferson is there at 59 are you taking him?

Or hoping to get a guy like Fred Warner later on? which allows us to nab an OL or CB
Originally posted by 49erInTheMidwest:
Say we take Landry at 9.

Malik Jefferson has every bit of the athletic potential to become a stud LB. If he can be taught, I think he can be an elite player. That being said, his instincts are bad at times. He makes so great plays, and I think he has less head scratcher plays than Edmunds as well. But Edmunds is only 19.. so...

If Malik Jefferson is there at 59 are you taking him?

Or hoping to get a guy like Fred Warner later on? which allows us to nab an OL or CB

Not at 59. Maybe at 74
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

And........he's cut a year after being drafted in the 3rd round.

Share 49ersWebzone