LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 235 users in the forums

Auden Tate - WR - Florida St.

Originally posted by Hysterikal:
I like Antonio Callaway more than Kirk. I haven't seen Kirk run more than some bubbles, sceeens and goes.

The great thing is kyle schemes his WRs open and Kirk is dangerous with the ball in his hands. I like callaway as well.... If we're looking for route running Ridley is your man.

Some fine WRs in next yrs draft
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I like Antonio Callaway more than Kirk. I haven't seen Kirk run more than some bubbles, sceeens and goes.

The great thing is kyle schemes his WRs open and Kirk is dangerous with the ball in his hands. I like callaway as well.... If we're looking for route running Ridley is your man.

Agreed. Tate from the few games I've seen him in is the guy I expect to break out this year after FSU lost 2 of their top guys. The three you mentioned above is already known but all 4 will go early come draft time. Really like next year's class and I hope we can get a QB and WR from it
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by NinerSickness:
This lack of blocking effort stuck out to me:

Just seemed like a bad angle to me. Can you show me where he consistently s**ts the bed at blocking or was that some gif you just so happen to find of him where your criticism can be relevant?
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by NinerSickness:
This lack of blocking effort stuck out to me:

Just seemed like a bad angle to me. Can you show me where he consistently s**ts the bed at blocking or was that some gif you just so happen to find of him where your criticism can be relevant?

That was the first time I've noticed him blocking in space. It was just one play; I'm not pegging him a bad blocker after one play. He has a lot of football left to play.
[ Edited by NinerSickness on Jul 23, 2017 at 11:13 PM ]

I like how it's a lot of shorter shifter receivers who are the top rated guys thus far. Just a great counter punch to all the bigger bodied corners that have been the flavor the past few years.
I like how it's a lot of shorter shifter receivers who are the top rated guys thus far. Just a great counter punch to all the bigger bodied corners that have been the flavor the past few years.

Those short shifter WRs are the ones that tend to kill the bigger body DBs.

I'm cool with a big bodied guy too, there's a couple good WRs in this upcoming yr, should be fun to watch
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Heroism:
I'm sure Kyle would love to have another Julio Jones type receiver, but the problem is those type of athletes are once in a generation. The number of 6'4", 225 lbs men that run 4.3 and jump 38.5" on planet earth is minuscule. Since Kyle puts a premium on the ability to separate, it's much easier to find smaller guys that can seperate than guys like Julio Jones. Those guys simply don't exist.

Very true, limited number I agree. I just thought for sure Shanahan would've tried to sign Alshon Jeffrey or Terrelle Pryor instead of the countless number of slot receivers. Maybe Shanahan was targeting speed in free agency instead.

I don't think he viewed Alshon as part of a rebuilding block. Too many injuries.

I really like Pryor and he may be available next season.

Kirk is a TD waiting to happen anytime he touches the ball. Callaway also brings deep speed and playmaking ability. He reminds me of Desean Jackson. He had two punt return tds last season and can really fly down the field. He has character red flags though, and in that aspect is the exact opposite of Kirk.

Agreed on Ridley as well, who is the most accomplished route runner at this point of the top receiver prospects. Then you have Sutton with the size, length, and body control that the NFL loves. It's also worth noting that he is coming from that Chad Morris school of football that produced Sammy Watkins, DeAndre Hopkins, and Martavis Bryant. Dude knows how to develop receivers.
Looking solid so far...good ball skills/body control
Shwing.

[ Edited by Heroism on Sep 2, 2017 at 6:03 PM ]

I see another NT draft crush. Big bodied wr that we wanted for years. Side not, Francois looks solid and more muscled than last year. I wonder what Kyle thinks of him?
Originally posted by gold49digger:
I see another NT draft crush. Big bodied wr that we wanted for years. Side not, Francois looks solid and more muscled than last year. I wonder what Kyle thinks of him?

Francois isn't eligible until 2019 but Jeremiah listed him as a QB to watch this year who could generate Heisman (and early draft) hype.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000837389/article/scouting-top-college-football-qbs-ohio-state-dline-in-week-one
Him or Kirk on the niners next year please..!
Him Kirk Sutton or Ridley I'll be happy with
Share 49ersWebzone