There are 215 users in the forums

Auden Tate - WR - Florida St.

Wouldn't be upset at all with Tate, but I'd prefer Pryor in FA and Pettis a little later than where you'd need to grab tate
[ Edited by adrianlesnar on Sep 30, 2017 at 6:56 PM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
We need to get Tate!!!!
My hope is Tate will be around in the late 1st and the niners move up to take him but idk about that, he's my 4th best WR behind Kirk, Ridley, and Sutton...
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by jersey49er:
My hope is Tate will be around in the late 1st and the niners move up to take him but idk about that, he's my 4th best WR behind Kirk, Ridley, and Sutton...

If he's even a 1st round pick, but at 6'5" 220 he's going to be in demand. I think what could make Tate slide in the draft is his speed, he just doesn't have Corey Davis or Julio Jones type speed. From what I've seen he's got better hands than Kelvin Benjamin.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

If he's even a 1st round pick, but at 6'5" 220 he's going to be in demand. I think what could make Tate slide in the draft is his speed, he just doesn't have Corey Davis or Julio Jones type speed. From what I've seen he's got better hands than Kelvin Benjamin.

Yup and I'm unsure what Benjamin ran but I bet Tate runs faster and Benjamin was a 1st rd pick
I'd be bummed if we were to trade up and back into the 1st for this guy. I wouldn't hesitate to grab him the second, but he hasn't shown enough to give up draft picks for. There's actually quite a bit of depth at WR to be had in the 2nd and 3rd rounds, and a lot of size at the position
[ Edited by adrianlesnar on Oct 7, 2017 at 6:45 PM ]
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
I'd be bummed if we were to trade up and back into the 1st for this guy. I wouldn't hesitate to grab him the second, but he hasn't shown enough to give up draft picks for. There's actually quite a bit of depth at WR to be had in the 2nd and 3rd rounds, and a lot of size at the position

He's not going in the first.
Originally posted by jreff22:

He's not going in the first.

I sure hope he is available in the 2nd round for the 49ers I think he would fit into Shanahan's offense nicely
Considering how many people there are on this board that clamor for a big body WR/red zone target, I'm surprised this thread is dead. Francois going down may have killed his buzz, but I'd take Auden Tate over Courtland Sutton every day of the week. He's bigger than Sutton and plays like it. Tate, while not a technician, puts more efforts in his routes than Sutton and shows more potential to develop, IMO. Better hand fighter and uses a wider variety of footwork in his releases. Tate is better at imposing his size, boxing out defenders, and climbing the ladder to pluck the 50/50 ball out of the air. Dude is a beast in the red zone.

Bama couldn't stop him. I love the demonstrativeness after the play.

Basketball in the red zone. 6'5" and plays like it. Manhandles the "shutdown" corner.

One of Auden's best traits is his ability to track the ball over his shoulder.

Tracks the long ball over his shoulder w/ a DB draped all over him with ease.

Variety in the footwork of his releases. Better short-area quickness than Sutton.

Nice body control for a guy 6'5" 225 lbs

Tate >>>>> Sutton
[ Edited by Heroism on Dec 16, 2017 at 7:33 AM ]
Thank you kind sir.. Hes definitely been on my radar. Combine is gonna be a toasty one i bet if we dont take Ridley we take one in the 3rd or with the saints pick.

Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Thank you kind sir.. Hes definitely been on my radar. Combine is gonna be a toasty one i bet if we dont take Ridley we take one in the 3rd or with the saints pick.

If niners get him in the late 3nd or early 3rd I would be very happy, he would be a great WR to replace Garçon, saying that bc I think it would benefit him and a team to learn and prepare for the NFL..

If niners get him in the late 3nd or early 3rd I would be very happy, he would be a great WR to replace Garçon, saying that bc I think it would benefit him and a team to learn and prepare for the NFL..

Yeah that end of the saints pick is kinda sexy lol. It allows you to kinda get a nice BPA. And the thoughts of guys we like being there or around there in case we wanna trade up,can be fun to think about
[ Edited by SmokeCrabtrees on Dec 16, 2017 at 12:53 AM ]

Personally, I don't think Kyle will want any of these guys, but hey, you never know. I think he prefers the classic WCO wide receiver with a premium on separation and YAC ability in the mold of a Jerry Rice, John Taylor, etc.

~6'2, 210 lbs w/ great hands, great routes, good quickness, good speed, not scared to work the middle, ability to separate in traffic, good blocker, etc. Somebody like Amari Cooper feels like they'd be an ideal WR for Kyle.
[ Edited by Heroism on Dec 16, 2017 at 7:51 AM ]
First GIF

Stutter step release, effective arm chop, boxes out the defender, high points the ball, and hand catches away from his frame.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
First GIF

Stutter step release, effective arm chop, boxes out the defender, high points the ball, and hand catches away from his frame.

Could you imagine if this guy had better QB's throwing to him!!!

As of right now, I think he's a 3rd round pick, he's got very little production due to bad play at quarterback. But I think he'll go higher if he has a good Combine, all eyes will be on his 40 time.
Share 49ersWebzone