LISTEN: 49ers Draft Hits And Misses With ESPN's Matt Miller →

There are 72 users in the forums

Poll: Who do you want at 2nd overall?

Poll: Who do you want at 2nd overall?

• Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by genus49:
Can't believe Fournette is in 2nd in this poll.

I would love for someone to make me see the light on that one...

I told you the exact reasons why from the get go and you refused to listen (which is why the thread is now 167 pages long). Not only that, but you continued to argue against it. Viola...

Simply put, whether you like it or not, Fournette is the 2nd best player in this draft after Myles Garrett and that is why he came 2nd even with so many haters around like you.

I don't see you saying hey told you guys Solomon Thomas wouldn't work, the guy is a tweener and he would be a crap outside pass rusher?

This is the true reflection of the sentiments from the fans/Webzone members.

But, hey you could be still fine, just because we like Fournette, doesn't mean Kyle and John will, so we will have to see.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:

Carlos Hyde always hurt

That's all I got and only thing that really makes sense tbh

because a bruising, deceptively fast RB is always a good thing. especially with question marks at QB and WR. we need a strong run game til our passing game joins the 21st century. Carlos is good when healthy but, Fournette can be an Adrian Petterson/Marshawn Lynch back for us, maybe even better. I like Malik Hooker more but I wouldnt be sad at all if we stayed put and grabbed Fournette

Well said, bro!!

Plus, we are in the NFC West, we will need a much tougher bell cow back to go against teams like Seattle. Carlos Hyde is a decent back, but as proven he is made of glass.

Furthermore, you are absolutely on point with the status of the passing game. I can tell you now it will not be good for a long while. All we have is a bridge QB and a handful of OKish WRs. On top of that, it will take them a good while to pick up the new WCO-based offense. We can't think Falcons when we think of our passing game, at least not yet. They have Matt Ryan, Julio Jones and Sanu. Not until we have that kind of top talent in place, we are never going to be as good as that.

That is precisely why we will need to improve our run game to the max in the meantime cos the run game will have to literally carry the passing game.

Last, but not least, we have taken it from Beast Mode for years, is about time we repay the compliments!!
[ Edited by Rascal on Apr 24, 2017 at 3:48 PM ]
i know they didnt draft him, i was using his size and speed as an example. fournette is head and shoulders a better prospect than lynch ever was and Lynch tore us the f**k up every single time he played us. that kind of physical presence to break a teams spirit is what we need. they could run all day whenever they played us and he was their top weapon while he was in seattle and ran them to a superbowl win.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201012120sfo.htm

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201109110sfo.htm

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201112240sea.htm

Not exactly true. He had one game over 100 yards against us before Wilson showed up and really made them difficult to stop. RB on his own as good as he may be won't get you many wins.
your stats are from 2010 and 2011 dude. unless you havent been paying attention the last 5 or 6 years, hes been s**tting on us all by himself most of the time
Originally posted by Rascal:
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:

Carlos Hyde always hurt

That's all I got and only thing that really makes sense tbh

because a bruising, deceptively fast RB is always a good thing. especially with question marks at QB and WR. we need a strong run game til our passing game joins the 21st century. Carlos is good when healthy but, Fournette can be an Adrian Petterson/Marshawn Lynch back for us, maybe even better. I like Malik Hooker more but I wouldnt be sad at all if we stayed put and grabbed Fournette

Well said, bro!!

Plus, we are in the NFC West, we will need a much tougher bell cow back to go against teams like Seattle. Carlos Hyde is a decent back, but as proven he is made of glass.

Furthermore, you are absolutely on point with the status of the passing game. I can tell you now it will not be good for a long while. All we have is a bridge QB and a handful of OKish WRs. On top of that, it will take them a good while to pick up the new WCO-based offense. We can't think Falcons when we think of our passing game, at least not yet. They have Matt Ryan, Julio Jones and Sanu. Not until we have that kind of top talent in place, we are never going to be as good as that.

That is precisely why we will need to improve our run game to the max in the meantime cos the run game will have to literally carry the passing game.

Last, but not least, we have taken it from Beast Mode for years, is about time we repay the compliments!!
thats what im talking about man. we were the bullies for one or two years with harbaugh and then we got soft. seattle was meaner and hungrier than us because they had players like Lynch and Kam Chancellor who could demoralize our players (Kam famously neutered Vernon Davis with one solid hit) we need physicality on both sides of the ball and a viable offensive weapon while we rebuild the rest of the offense. Gore was the only reason we won any games in his early years and we are way worse than gore's early years right now.
your stats are from 2010 and 2011 dude. unless you havent been paying attention the last 5 or 6 years, hes been s**tting on us all by himself most of the time

You said he tore us up every game he played us. I showed you that in all the games he played against us without Wilson he definitely wasn't tearing us up which goes to show that one RB doesn't cut it without other pieces in place.

Not sure what's so hard to figure out there.
They say they have 2 to 3 players in mind, this is my thought process

1. Solomon Thomas the safe pick,
2. Leonard Fournette- RB- the brave pick
3. Mitchell Trubisky- the QB of the future that will sit in 2017
Originally posted by 9erred:

Why do you think Fournette is the brave pick?
Too many fans wanna go Baalke on this draft...no top QB...no top WR.

I went full anti-Baalke with mine. It felt great...highly recommend it.
Originally posted by NCommand:

No WR worth it at 2. QB is arguable. I'd be ok with it...just not my preferred pick.
Originally posted by NCommand:

No WR worth it at 2. QB is arguable. I'd be ok with it...just not my preferred pick.

Not even with the second picks. Noooo. Ha

PS: I was just reviewing all the mocks and laughing at the irony there.
[ Edited by NCommand on Apr 24, 2017 at 6:34 PM ]

lol WTF is up with the Fournette love? Hes a power back with no lateral quickness. Doesn't fit the outside zone scheme at all. Plus we can get good RB depth later on. Fournette would be an AWFUL selection. Id be livid.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erred:

I don't think Solomon Thomas is even on the list.

I believe Reuben Foster has already been taken off the board and my guess of John and Kyle's list (not in any particular order) is as follows:

• Safe Pick - Hooker/Adams, both very good safeties plus I don't think John is very high on Jimmie Ward, the dude is way undersized and made of glass
  • Impact Pick - Fournette as he is an immediate max impact game-changer which is critical if our run game is going to have a chance to carry the pass game in the foreseeable future
  • Strategic Pick - Trubisky, future franchise QB, with FQB being the most important position of all plus to bank on any of the candidates in 2018 will be insane.
  • titan
  • Veteran
I know we have a lot of needs and I would be happy as long as we get a future HOF with our draft pick. For me we need attitude and an identity and Fournette could be the changer.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners99:
lol WTF is up with the Fournette love? Hes a power back with no lateral quickness. Doesn't fit the outside zone scheme at all. Plus we can get good RB depth later on. Fournette would be an AWFUL selection. Id be livid.

That's where you are wrong, you got caught up with the BS that Fournette can't play outside zone.

When you evaluate Fournette, you think immediate max impact game-changer. Also, do not forget for a moment he is the 2nd best player in this draft after Myles Garrett.

Last but not least, Fournette will be the "cornerstone" of our much fortified run game as it will have to carry the pass game in the foreseeable future.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by titan:
I know we have a lot of needs and I would be happy as long as we get a future HOF with our draft pick. For me we need attitude and an identity and Fournette could be the changer.

Precisely.
Share 49ersWebzone