LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 366 users in the forums

Players you'd trade back into the 1st to get

Originally posted by post_primitive:
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Paper thin roster + deep draft = several rookie starters.

There's no one worth trading up for. We need more picks, not fewer.

I'd like one more second/third but this roster isn't paper thin and there is guys worth trading up for at certain points...you can't pre assume your guy is gonna be there an X amount of picks later.

Cool. I won't be mad if we give up a 6th or 7th to move up a few spots in the 5th round. But moving back into the first means giving up a day 2 pick, which in this draft likely means losing a starter.

How you can argue this roster isn't paper thin by NFL standards surpasses me. Name one position group with excellent talent and depth. Maybe DL. Maybe.

What if we're talking about trading up with Atlanta a few spots to get ahead of the Saints and Browns? Can wheel and deal to avoid using a second,third,or even our fourth rounder. You went from saying paper thin, to a position that has excellent depth. All I know is the draft is around the corner and we don't have any holes.... positions that can be upgraded? For sure.

What if we're talking about trading up with Atlanta a few spots to get ahead of the Saints and Browns? Can wheel and deal to avoid using a second,third,or even our fourth rounder. You went from saying paper thin, to a position that has excellent depth. All I know is the draft is around the corner and we don't have any holes.... positions that can be upgraded? For sure.

No holes?

- No #1 WR.
- No #1 CB.
- Our QBs are career backups.
- Our presumptive LEO had a whopping 1.5 sacks last year.
- Our starting RB is injury prone and the backup is 30.
- Our remaining LBs not recovering from a second career-threatening injury are backup-caliber.
- KR/PR?

Unless you define a "hole" as having literally no one signed at the position, we have plenty of holes. We need as many day 2 picks in this draft as possible.
[ Edited by post_primitive on Apr 23, 2017 at 3:39 PM ]
I started writing players and then realized the answer to this threads question is..A LOT, there are a lot of players id trade back into the 1st for..lol

No holes?

- No #1 WR.
- No #1 CB.
- Our QBs are career backups.
- Our presumptive LEO had a whopping 1.5 sacks last year.
- Our starting RB is injury prone and the backup is 30.
- Our remaining LBs not recovering from a second career-threatening injury are backup-caliber.
- KR/PR?

Unless you define a "hole" as having literally no one signed at the position, we have plenty of holes. We need as many day 2 picks in this draft as possible.

I admitted we can upgrade..You're making it seem people in place are not starting worthy. After next season we could have several new starters that make a great and quick impact on the team. I know where you're coming from doe. You're talking SB level team ish lol. And don't put a #1 label on WR and CB.. but more so how they do at their jobs. I think we're fine but can get better and we'll do that at the draft

I admitted we can upgrade..You're making it seem people in place are not starting worthy. After next season we could have several new starters that make a great and quick impact on the team. I know where you're coming from doe. You're talking SB level team ish lol. And don't put a #1 label on WR and CB.. but more so how they do at their jobs. I think we're fine but can get better and we'll do that at the draft

I hear ya. I am optimistic we'll be contenders again in 2-3 seasons. Shannalynch seems legit!

I hear ya. I am optimistic we'll be contenders again in 2-3 seasons. Shannalynch seems legit!

Let's start with getting back in the playoffs. I'm praying for a magic season. We're due hit on the river one time and get this beezy back on track and where we should be!
Originally posted by jimrat:
I would love to trade back into first round and grab Corey Davis

Co sign
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
Trade down take Haason Reddick around #10 trade back up for Corey Davis

That's pretty good, too.
Share 49ersWebzone