LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 240 users in the forums

Players you'd trade back into the 1st to get

Depends on who was selected at #2. But to make sure we secure Carl Lawson, Quincy Wilson(if he falls into the later 1st), Malik McDowell (If we didn't go Solomon Thomas),Charles Harris and Forrest Lamp
Originally posted by jimrat:
I would love to trade back into first round and grab Corey Davis

+1
It really depends on who we take at 2, if we draft at 2, but some guys that might be there at the 23 and up spots that I like are Taco Charlton, Corey Davis, and Forrest Lamp. The more film I watch of these three, the more I like them. Lamp and Davis for the consistency and Charlton for the potential and "what if's".
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on Apr 21, 2017 at 12:23 PM ]
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
We need to get one of the top edge rushers, if we pass on Thomas and go for a Corner or Offensive tackle early , I would hope we would get in position to grab Taco Charlton or Derek Barnett , because we have to come away with at least 2 quality edge rusgers

This

Agree - Taco is going to be an impact player

I don't really like the fit of Charlton cause I think there's questions of him playing the edge on third downs.
Dalvin Cook!
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
We need to get one of the top edge rushers, if we pass on Thomas and go for a Corner or Offensive tackle early , I would hope we would get in position to grab Taco Charlton or Derek Barnett , because we have to come away with at least 2 quality edge rusgers

This

I don't really like the fit of Charlton cause I think there's questions of him playing the edge on third downs.
I disagree Smoke. It really depends on how you use him. He is not the prototype LEO or Elephant in our new scheme. He doesn't offer that great straight line speed to be lined out wide but as a traditional 4-3 end, he has the wingspan, hand usage, length, a variety of pass rush moves and understands leverage. These are all traits for an excellent edge rusher. To me he compares favorably to someone like a Chandler Jones in his playing style.
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on Apr 21, 2017 at 2:04 PM ]
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:

This

I disagree Smoke. It really depends on how you use him. He is not the prototype LEO or Elephant in our new scheme. He doesn't offer that great straight line speed to be lined out wide but as a traditional 4-3 end, he has the wingspan, hand usage, length, a variety of pass rush moves and understands leverage. These are all traits for an excellent edge rusher. To me he compares favorably to someone like a Chandler Jones in his playing style.

I've made this case for a few others... Play him at RDE on base and slide to LDE in pass downs?

Trade backup for Corey Davis if he's there in the 20s might be a LEGIT case we should be making.

This

I've made this case for a few others... Play him at RDE on base and slide to LDE in pass downs?

Trade backup for Corey Davis if he's there in the 20s might be a LEGIT case we should be making.

Yeah, Davis in this offense could be special. Davis' greatest strengths are his route running and yac ability. You put him with an offensive mind like Kyle that understands how to create space and it's pretty much like peanut butter meeting jelly, a great combo.

This

Yeah, Davis in this offense could be special. Davis' greatest strengths are his route running and yac ability. You put him with an offensive mind like Kyle that understands how to create space and it's pretty much like peanut butter meeting jelly, a great combo.

If he gets past the Lions at #21, i don't think he's considered until the Cawks at 26. We should trade up from 34 to 25 with the Texans... eventually the run in pass rushers comes too.
If we use a second round or third round or fourth round pick to move up, we lose a legit starter.

Originally posted by Lobo49er:
If we use a second round or third round or fourth round pick to move up, we lose a legit starter.

A 4th,6th&7th and Garrett Celek. Fair trade
Originally posted by Lobo49er:

A 4th,6th&7th and Garrett Celek. Fair trade

Lol

This

If he gets past the Lions at #21, i don't think he's considered until the Cawks at 26. We should trade up from 34 to 25 with the Texans... eventually the run in pass rushers comes too.
One reason to trade back into the first round is that you can sign the player to a rookie contract for five years as opposed to just four. It's why Baalke got back into the first round to pick Garnett. Not a bad move as long as the player is good -- you get that fifth year for cheap.

I absolutely could see the Niners jockeying to get back into the first round if Dalvin Cook and/or Corey Davis are still available around #25 or so.
Originally posted by ColorMeBaddFan:
One reason to trade back into the first round is that you can sign the player to a rookie contract for five years as opposed to just four. It's why Baalke got back into the first round to pick Garnett. Not a bad move as long as the player is good -- you get that fifth year for cheap.

I absolutely could see the Niners jockeying to get back into the first round if Dalvin Cook and/or Corey Davis are still available around #25 or so.

I think 25 is the money spot for pass rusher and RB/WR.
Share 49ersWebzone