LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 276 users in the forums

Players you'd trade back into the 1st to get

Just thinking of the players that I have maybe ranked in my top 10 and how much I would move up to grab them and at what costs.

For instance if I'm high on Mahomes and he's sitting there at #19 would I use my 2nd and 3rd round picks to move up and get him? I think I would if I'm sold on him.

Or what if a guy like Rueben Foster is sitting there at 25?
Probably one of the hardest drafts in years to answer this question. First round talent will be available in the second round and the 3rd round will have a lot of high quality talent to develop as well which means you better be sure on the guy you're trading up for if you're going to give up picks.

The hard part though is that it's so hard to tell who is going to go where, and who might drop towards the bottom of the first

At this point I would be reluctant to trade up unless we previously traded down to pick up some extra picks first.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
I would love to trade back into first round and grab Corey Davis
Originally posted by JaggedJ:
Probably one of the hardest drafts in years to answer this question. First round talent will be available in the second round and the 3rd round will have a lot of high quality talent to develop as well which means you better be sure on the guy you're trading up for if you're going to give up picks.

The hard part though is that it's so hard to tell who is going to go where, and who might drop towards the bottom of the first

At this point I would be reluctant to trade up unless we previously traded down to pick up some extra picks first.

This...if I have to pick someone who may drop it would be these guys

Haason Reddick
Charles Harris
Corey Davis
  • krizay
  • Veteran
No reason to trade back into the 1st in my opinion.

Myles Garrett is the only player in this draft worth 2 starters.
Ma homey.
[ Edited by fortyninerglory on Apr 19, 2017 at 7:03 AM ]
Originally posted by krizay:

It's funny that some people are expecting us to come away with a huge haul if we trade the #2 pick to the Browns while others think no one other than Garrett is worth giving up a 2nd or 3rd round pick for.

The most realistic trades I've seen are getting a 2nd and 3rd round pick from the Browns so they can move from 12 to 2 (I'd make that trade in a heartbeat) or getting a 2nd round pick to swap picks with the Panthers at 8 (the Panthers' own pick hopefully). In this particular draft, it feels like both of those trades favor the 49ers, so I can't see a trade happening for our pick even if we throw out the trade value chart.
Zane Gonzalez.
T.J. Watt
Originally posted by gbniner:
T.J. Watt

this

Originally posted by jimrat:
I would love to trade back into first round and grab Corey Davis

+1

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
T.J. Watt gonna be a bust.
We need to get one of the top edge rushers, if we pass on Thomas and go for a Corner or Offensive tackle early , I would hope we would get in position to grab Taco Charlton or Derek Barnett , because we have to come away with at least 2 quality edge rusgers
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
Originally posted by krizay:

It's funny that some people are expecting us to come away with a huge haul if we trade the #2 pick to the Browns while others think no one other than Garrett is worth giving up a 2nd or 3rd round pick for.

The most realistic trades I've seen are getting a 2nd and 3rd round pick from the Browns so they can move from 12 to 2 (I'd make that trade in a heartbeat) or getting a 2nd round pick to swap picks with the Panthers at 8 (the Panthers' own pick hopefully). In this particular draft, it feels like both of those trades favor the 49ers, so I can't see a trade happening for our pick even if we throw out the trade value chart.

in fairness im talking about as it relates to us. Other teams are in different situations than we are. so them giving up extra picks wouldnt necessarily mean giving up starters. Or they have extra picks to compensate for the loss.

We aren't in that position to give up potential starters for what MAY be a slight upgrade in talent. IMO
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
We need to get one of the top edge rushers, if we pass on Thomas and go for a Corner or Offensive tackle early , I would hope we would get in position to grab Taco Charlton or Derek Barnett , because we have to come away with at least 2 quality edge rusgers

i agree with you that atleast one of our 1st two picks should be on an edge rusher
  • TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place
Trubisky, Foster, Corey Davis, Barnett, Lamp, Howard, M Williams, Reddick

None of them are worth a 2nd overall, but if we get them with some bonus picks...perfect
Share 49ersWebzone