49ers vs. Seahawks Tickets Available! →

There are 529 users in the forums

ESPN Draft Simulation - 49ers

Browse 49ers books and videos
Originally posted by All22:
Hooker and Lattimore look like potential HOFers on tape (barring injury). Thomas does not. So that's a risk I'm willing to take.

I mean, what's your take on Voch Lombardi's vid?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGMrKjKbm9U

I know someone asked you about it before but I didn't see your answer.

I'm sorry I think Thomas looks like a damn good football player...saying anyone looks like a HOF after one yr LF football is a silly comment.

I did comment on it if you want to go check it out
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Apr 17, 2017 at 2:46 PM ]
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
I'm just saying in his rookie season dude should of been at Oregon and was his second year concentrating on just football.
Second year on his second playbook and D.C, jacks his shoulder up and was a ticking time bomb until he went on I.R.
If someone is desperate to get rid of him if we take Thomas...putting him in a position to succeed and raising his value up, is the way to go before you re-evaluate your DL on 2018. That's just my opinion and believe the smart thing to do.

Love to see some improvement not excuses that's all...he was overdrafted imo.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 44,536
Originally posted by All22:
Hooker and Lattimore look like potential HOFers on tape (barring injury). Thomas does not. So that's a risk I'm willing to take.

I mean, what's your take on Voch Lombardi's vid?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGMrKjKbm9U

I know someone asked you about it before but I didn't see your answer.

I think you need to watch more tape....
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
I'm just saying in his rookie season dude should of been at Oregon and was his second year concentrating on just football.
Second year on his second playbook and D.C, jacks his shoulder up and was a ticking time bomb until he went on I.R.
If someone is desperate to get rid of him if we take Thomas...putting him in a position to succeed and raising his value up, is the way to go before you re-evaluate your DL on 2018. That's just my opinion and believe the smart thing to do.

Love to see some improvement not excuses that's all...he was overdrafted imo.

At this point all he can do is improve lol. You can smoke that argument sure. I've said it before I'm not gonna lose sleep over 5-20 slots.
Draft what you think is best for your team, I think AA can be productive for us next year(even as a 2 down player) then we can build his value and decide what to in 2018.
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:
I love me some Solomon Thomas.

Thomas at 6, Leo at 34, DB or RB at 39 = boner alert

Boner alert:
Solomon Thomas @ 6, Derek Rivers/Charles Harris @ 34, and @39 your choice of DB (or wait for Ahkello in the 3rd)/ Mahomes if he slips/ SAM(Watt)/ Engram(can play WR).. I'd rather hold off on RB till round 4 or later(Mack)

And option 34 & 39 can flip
[ Edited by 49erInTheMidwest on Apr 17, 2017 at 3:17 PM ]
  • All22
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,889
I doubt Ahkello lasts until the third.
Originally posted by All22:
I doubt Ahkello lasts until the third.

You might be right, but you could always get Rasul Douglas
Originally posted by All22:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
A couple things:

1. Are we sure Solomon Thomas is a Leo and not a better fit on the other end of the line?

and

2. How do they not consider Jamal Adams a difference maker? I get if Reid is the planned box safety Adams could be redundant, but Reid doesn't seem as willing to stick his head in on the tackle as he used to be (concussions). I get we need a single high safety, but one could also argue that Adams would be an upgrade over Reid and an Eric Berry type player for us. Either way, there is no way Jamal Adams can't be considered a difference maker.

IMO drafting a S that high they need to be able to turn the ball over...Adams hasn't really done that.

I don't see box safety being the pick.. Reid, Tartt, Ray-Ray, and Hodges can all play that role. Free Safety is a big need though. Ward might be able to do it but he's never been super durable and we'd have to replace him at corner.

IMO whether we're at 2 or 6, Hooker or Lattimore should be the pick.

That's also assuming that you see Adams as nothing but a box safety. It's interesting how much more the guys on NFL Network (which is generally what I stick to) like Adams than the ESPN crew seemed to in that clip. Bucky Brooks for example is a huge Adams guy and views him as interchangeable between the two safety spots. I will admit he probably isn't an ideal fit as a single high, but he is a versatile player who is definitely a difference maker.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000788807/article/bucky-brooks-mock-draft-40-four-qbs-joe-mixon-in-round-1?akmobile=android&akcarrier=other


http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/jamal-adams?id=2557979
  • All22
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,889
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
That's also assuming that you see Adams as nothing but a box safety. It's interesting how much more the guys on NFL Network (which is generally what I stick to) like Adams than the ESPN crew seemed to in that clip. Bucky Brooks for example is a huge Adams guy and views him as interchangeable between the two safety spots. I will admit he probably isn't an ideal fit as a single high, but he is a versatile player who is definitely a difference maker.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000788807/article/bucky-brooks-mock-draft-40-four-qbs-joe-mixon-in-round-1?akmobile=android&akcarrier=other

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/jamal-adams?id=2557979

I agree that he could play FS but there are better fits for single high in this draft... Hooker, Baker, Williams (Utah) etc.

I wouldn't be mad at picking Adams at #2. I just don't want Soloman Thomas.
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
Originally posted by All22:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
A couple things:

1. Are we sure Solomon Thomas is a Leo and not a better fit on the other end of the line?

and

2. How do they not consider Jamal Adams a difference maker? I get if Reid is the planned box safety Adams could be redundant, but Reid doesn't seem as willing to stick his head in on the tackle as he used to be (concussions). I get we need a single high safety, but one could also argue that Adams would be an upgrade over Reid and an Eric Berry type player for us. Either way, there is no way Jamal Adams can't be considered a difference maker.

IMO drafting a S that high they need to be able to turn the ball over...Adams hasn't really done that.

I don't see box safety being the pick.. Reid, Tartt, Ray-Ray, and Hodges can all play that role. Free Safety is a big need though. Ward might be able to do it but he's never been super durable and we'd have to replace him at corner.

IMO whether we're at 2 or 6, Hooker or Lattimore should be the pick.

That's also assuming that you see Adams as nothing but a box safety. It's interesting how much more the guys on NFL Network (which is generally what I stick to) like Adams than the ESPN crew seemed to in that clip. Bucky Brooks for example is a huge Adams guy and views him as interchangeable between the two safety spots. I will admit he probably isn't an ideal fit as a single high, but he is a versatile player who is definitely a difference maker.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000788807/article/bucky-brooks-mock-draft-40-four-qbs-joe-mixon-in-round-1?akmobile=android&akcarrier=other

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/jamal-adams?id=2557979

If we were running a different scheme, or if we had the other 3/4 (4/5) of our secondary already figured out, then I'd be all over Adams.
Originally posted by All22:
I agree that he could play FS but there are better fits for single high in this draft... Hooker, Baker, Williams (Utah) etc.

I wouldn't be mad at picking Adams at #2. I just don't want Soloman Thomas.

So you have an issue taking an impact DLman at #2 but not a run stopping safety?
  • All22
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,889
Originally posted by genus49:
So you have an issue taking an impact DLman at #2 but not a run stopping safety?

You assume Thomas, a tweener with a budding star already playing in his spot, is going to be an impact DLman. He's got the biggest bust potential in the top 10.

I don't buy the "line him up everywhere" argument. I think he struggles all across the line and he's not the true edge rusher/Leo/Sam we really need.

Barnett, Allen, Willis, Charlton, McDowell, Watt, Bower, Foster, Hooker, Adams etc > Thomas for this team
[ Edited by All22 on Apr 17, 2017 at 3:41 PM ]
To be fair Adams feet' look redoncoulous and think he can play the single high role.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
You didn't have to reach like that on AA just to make your point about Thomas bae lol.

We've agreed before Thomas beeeing chosen doesn't mean AA is out the door due to the move(I'm not against moving AA, think the trade talk is silly coming off an injury).

I mean show me the film of him doing anything...them we can call it reaching

I agree getting Thomas doesn't mean AA is out the door...there will be rotation and he will been in on passing downs in certain packages etc

NYniner85,

My problem with how you rationalize taking Thomas is all the negativity you give AA. I think your making up excuses to replace him.

I don't want Thomas because we already have 2 guys that Start on the DL that play his position. Talk about a wasted pick.

Let's draft him so Buck, AA and Thomas can all rotate. Rotate? Are you kidding me?

Hopefully we pass on Thomas and AA makes you eat crow this season.
  • All22
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,889
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
To be fair Adams feet' look redoncoulous and think he can play the single high role.

Yeah, Adams is a beast. Not my first choice but I could see Lynch really wanting Adams.
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone