LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 220 users in the forums

Which QB will be the best?

Which QB will be the best?

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Even though I didn't like pretty much any of the QB's this draft except for Trubisky and Peterman, I gotta say Patrick Mahomes. IMO, Andy Reid knows how to get the most out of his QB's more than any of the head coaches of the above prospects. And I think Mahomes is in a really good situation with Alex Smith in front of him. Sure Reid will be pressured to start Mahomes if Smith starts to falter but I really don't think that happens. Smith seems to play much better when a rookie is breathing down his neck, see 2011 season 14-2. Andy Reid has a chance to get his Donovan McNabb 2.0.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Even though I didn't like pretty much any of the QB's this draft except for Trubisky and Peterman, I gotta say Patrick Mahomes. IMO, Andy Reid knows how to get the most out of his QB's more than any of the head coaches of the above prospects. And I think Mahomes is in a really good situation with Alex Smith in front of him. Sure Reid will be pressured to start Mahomes if Smith starts to falter but I really don't think that happens. Smith seems to play much better when a rookie is breathing down his neck, see 2011 season 14-2. Andy Reid has a chance to get his Donovan McNabb 2.0.

beat me to it
I took Mahomes because of his situation. I think he'll be given time to sit and develop under a quality coach with a track record for QB success. While Watson is in a great situation in Houston he's gonna play sooner I believe and take his lumps early. Peterman could surprise. But I'm taking Mahomes in KC under Reid behind Smith for now.
Mahomes got put in the perfect situation for him. He will have a solid surrounding cast once Smith is done. Reid, with his faults, is an excellent qb developer and I look forward to seeing what he does with him. Could be more reminiscent to the McNabb days. I really want Mahomes but I think he would be a lot better in a place where there is no pressure to start right away, which is KC.

Watson is in a great position also. He still has some stuff to work on but I think he can ball right away with an awesome supporting cast around him and a defense that will help him tremendously. But he has the most pressure to succeed right away because of that.

Trubisky is in arguably the toughest situation. He was traded up for and the reception to the pick was almost unanimously negative. He does have some solid receivers like Kendall Wright, Eddie Royal, Reuben Randle, and if healthy, he can develop and grow with Kevin White. He also has a strong running game and I assume a solid oline to give him a fighting chance to do well his rookie year.

Kizer was put into a good situation too. The Browns are always the butt of the jokes but they weren't joking around during the draft. I don't think he will have much pressure to start right away with Kessler being serviceable for the time being, but he does have an opportunity to start
  • All22
  • Veteran
I think QBs are largely dependent on the situation they're in. Mahommes and Watson lucked out. They're in great situations and I'm excited to see them do well.

Kizer, man, that guy handles himself so damn well in interviews. Have you guys seen his interviews with Mooch and Gruden? That guy just blows them away. I don't know if he can play but he's gonna write his own ticket when he turns to broadcasting or coaching or whatever. The guy talks like a 15 year vet.

Beathard is gonna be a very very good QB. The more I watch of him the more obvious it is. His accuracy and technique is by far the best in this class. He just didnt play in a spread with tons of easy receptions and open receivers running all over the field. No joke guys, he's our new franchise QB.
[ Edited by All22 on May 4, 2017 at 8:44 AM ]
Beathard will be the best. The rest will bust.
Originally posted by All22:
I think QBs are largely dependent on the situation they're in. Mahommes and Watson lucked out. They're in great situations and I'm excited to see them do well.

Kizer, man, that guy handles himself so damn well in interviews. Have you guys seen his interviews with Mooch and Gruden? That guy just blows them away. I don't know if he can play but he's gonna write his own ticket when he turns to broadcasting or coaching or whatever. The guy talks like a 15 year vet.

Beathard is gonna be a very very good QB. The more I watch of him the more obvious it is. His accuracy and technique is by far the best in this class. He just didnt play in a spread with tons of easy receptions and open receivers running all over the field. No joke guys, he's our new franchise QB.

Eh don't overhype beathard. He could just end up being a good backup for 10 years. Of course there is the offchance he actually becomes a good qb, but the chances are against him.
Beathard

But really, Mahomes.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
Beathard will be the best. The rest will bust.

You must have read Shanny's mind
  • All22
  • Veteran
Originally posted by gold49digger:

Eh don't overhype beathard. He could just end up being a good backup for 10 years. Of course there is the offchance he actually becomes a good qb, but the chances are against him.

Ya know, after all the hype Nate Davis, Troy Smith, Driskell and million other guys got I'm glad I'm the only one hyping him.

Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Watson because of the "it" factor, he has it.

Still think Watson
Ya know, after all the hype Nate Davis, Troy Smith, Driskell and million other guys got I'm glad I'm the only one hyping him.

Which is why he needs to play soon, because we can attack the off season completely different with him as the fqb if he shines
Share 49ersWebzone