LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 338 users in the forums

Which QB will be the best?

Which QB will be the best?

Not talking about any draft positions, just who will develop into the best QB from this draft class. We can revisit this in a few years so people can eat crow.
That's hard to tell until we know which system they go to and where they will play.
Kizer is my #1 rated QB in this draft.
lots factor into these. Who knows? They could all suck for all we know.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
That's hard to tell until we know which system they go to and where they will play.

Very true, especially if you get thrown on the browns or another team with a weak o line. People already think Goff sucks even though he was just dealt a really s**tty hand.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Kizer is my #1 rated QB in this draft.

Any games of his that you recommend?

This - also depends a lot on what kind of talent they have around them. My money is on Kizer because I think he ends up on the Cardinals. I think he and Trubisky are the top 2 QBs, but Trubisky is more likely to go to the 49ers and have no talent at the WR position.

If they're all still playing 10 years from now, it's probably Kizer or Mahomes who have the best size and arm talent of the top QBs. But they're also the most likely to be out of the league in 3-4 years (Mahomes especially).
Among this group, just the Law of Averages for their aggregate careers dictate:
0 Hall of Fame
0 Super Bowl MVP
0 Super Bowl appearance
0 All Pro
1 ProBowl
1 Future single full season starter.
Originally posted by 5Jan2003:
0 Hall of Fame
0 Super Bowl MVP
0 Super Bowl appearance
0 All Pro
1 ProBowl

Lol, there wouldn't be a lot of starting QBs in the league if each draft only produced one full season starter.
Originally posted by 5Jan2003:
0 Hall of Fame
0 Super Bowl MVP
0 Super Bowl appearance
0 All Pro
1 ProBowl

I think your calculator is broken.

Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:

Very true, especially if you get thrown on the browns or another team with a weak o line. People already think Goff sucks even though he was just dealt a really s**tty hand.

Yeah after the Draft would be a better time to guess. If someone with a weak arm gets drafted by Buffalo he will probably struggle just do to the weather. Just a lot of variables right now. I'd say if a QB gets drafted by Shanahan and gets to red shirt it could turn out very well. But I personally don't like any of the early QBs
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Is very consistent, it has always been Trubisky as the top choice.

The biggest bust potential is Kizer.
I think either Mahomes or Webb will be the best...both played at TT and were coached by Kliff Kingsbury. KK knows how to develop QB's and both guys have a lot of the "it" factor, IMHO. It'll be interesting to see them compete against the more well known QB's at the combine...I think they'll more than hold their own.
1. Trubisky - Little experience but what's on the field is phenomenal. Only one of these prospects that displays truly elite downfield accuracy. Reminds me a lot of Matthew Stafford
2. Watson - Similar frame to RGIII so injuries are somewhat of a concern even without an injury history. Inconsistent accuracy but great leadership qualities.
3. Webb - System doesn't really translate to the NFL but seems to do a lot of things well. Nothing truly elite about him.
4. Kizer - Has all the tools but the play on the field just wasn't there. Kind of reminds me of Josh Freeman.
5. Mahomes - How many times do we have to fall for this kind of prospect to figure out it doesn't work? Great physical tools, but mechanics are an absolute mess. On top of that is coming from a system that has failed to produce an great NFL QB. Has Vince Young written all over him.
6. Peterman - Frankly, I know virtually nothing about this guy.
[ Edited by Draftology on Feb 20, 2017 at 8:32 PM ]
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
I think either Mahomes or Webb will be the best...both played at TT and were coached by Kliff Kingsbury. KK knows how to develop QB's and both guys have a lot of the "it" factor, IMHO. It'll be interesting to see them compete against the more well known QB's at the combine...I think they'll more than hold their own.
Has he ever coached a player that ended up having a successful NFL career?
Share 49ersWebzone