LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 283 users in the forums

2017 NFL Draft BUST PREDICTIONS

Originally posted by 9er4lyphe:
Mike Williams because he doesn't have different moves coming off the line of scrimmage to gain separation from opposing DBs.

Plus every Mike Williams so far has been a bust
Deshone Kizer

As a QB, you've gotta have something more than athletic upside and a couple of decent throws.

His footwork is bad, his pocket instincts are weak, his accuracy is erratic, and he doesn't win.
Zay jones = quinton Patton 2.0
Umm I'll say Whoever the Browns take lol
  • HERN
  • Veteran
Mr.Taco Charlton
Originally posted by eforbes12:
Deshone Kizer

As a QB, you've gotta have something more than athletic upside and a couple of decent throws.

His footwork is bad, his pocket instincts are weak, his accuracy is erratic, and he doesn't win.

Here here......

Originally posted by jcs:
Vince Young the passer
6,040 yards 44 TD 28 INT over his career at UT.

Watson the passer
10,168 yards 90 TD 32 INT over his career at Clemson

Almost identical play time.

I don't have a horse in this race, but you're comparing across eras, and Young and Watson were playing in entirely different versions of college football.

A guy with Vince Young's numbers in today's college game wouldn't even be drafted, just as a guy with Steve Young's numbers in today's pro game would be middle of the pack.

That doesn't mean that Vince wasn't an average pro QB and Steve wasn't one of the very best pro QBs in the eras in which they played, it just means you can't close your eyes and compare QB numbers from then to now.
I don't know about bust, but probably the biggest discrepancy so far on where I rank players and where other sites rank players, is with Kizer.

I see a lot of bad mechanics with Kizer, poor decision making, poor ball placement. And not enough positives to push him into the 1st round, which seems to be where some people expect him to go.
Vince was my favorite player at Texas in semi-recent times, and i just knew he was going to be a star in the bigs. But college isn't the NFL and the guy who owned "Youngstown" , as the LA Times referred to Vince owning the Rose Bowl in back to back yrs, flamed out in the pros. I see an awful lot of him in Watson, altho his numbers as noted above are twice (literally) what Vince's were. Still, when i see Watson, i see Vince, and would be sick at heart if we took him. Have to admit, for a "choker", he looked damned good in the title game against the best team in the nation...a team sending half their starters to the NFL. The problem is i saw vince , all the glitter, the great plays, the big heart, all the big wins...and then i see Watson, and vince immediately comes to mind.

I hope Watson turns into a great Qb...we need more in the NFL. But my gut feel is that he would be a redux of Vince 2.0. I see what all Watson's fans see. I just get a bad feeling about him if we were to draft him. No question, if we wanted him, he would be there. Cleve takes Myles, swaps for Garopp with #12 plus whatever ,say their 2nd (whatever needed to make the dfaft evaluator work out), and makes a hit as the biggest winner in the draft. So we will get our pick of QBs. I like Garopp, Trubisk, Watson, but hope we end up wiht Peterman and /or Mahomes. That would mean trading back, something i don't want to do, unless we took a Jon Allen( but we already have two DEs), or perhaps a MLB impact player, and then get our Qb by trading up from pick #34 to say #31, which shouldn't be that expensive. I think peterman goes either start of 2nd rd or end of rd 1. To be sure we get him, i would like to see us move up a couple slots, not much more.
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on Feb 15, 2017 at 9:24 AM ]
Mitch and Myles both will bust

Der Kaiser
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Der Kaiser

Double down on Der Kaiser. Please no, no way. Whoever gets him, and i pray it isn't us, is going to regret it. It will be very interesting where he gets picked but i bet he goes in top 10. Just don't make us be the ones who get him.
Zach Cunningham. His poor technique seems to be ingrained into his style of play. He doesnt play smart, he routinely overran plays and he whiffed on a ridiculous number of tackles. He looks like a guy whose athleticism allowed him to thrive in college but will get exposed in the NFL when you cant bring down a ballcarrier with just an arm tackle.

I know one thing, judging by many comments on many threads around here its Garrett or bust. If that first pick is anything other than Garrett, or a trade back for multiple picks (yet again), there's gonna be calls for Lynch ans Shanny's job around here.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SisterFister:
I just watched the Alabama Texas am tape on Garrett and while im no expert, Cam Robinson destroyed him. OJ Howard even got a big block on Garrett to spring a 10 yard run. I also watched the Tennessee tape, neither were good for Garrett.

Nobody has mentioned Corey Davis so far. He's my draft crush.

Garrett was dealing with a high ankle sprain pretty much the whole year
Share 49ersWebzone