LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 210 users in the forums

2017 NFL Draft BUST PREDICTIONS

• jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fip24:
1) Watson -Vince Young volume 2.
2)Tim Williams- the guy disappeared against far too often in games against top competition. IMO one of the most over-hyped players in CFB last year. I would rather the Niners take Ryan Anderson
3) Jabril Peppers- another guy who IMO got way too much attention last season.

Vince Young the passer
6,040 yards 44 TD 28 INT over his career at UT.

Watson the passer
10,168 yards 90 TD 32 INT over his career at Clemson

Almost identical play time.
[ Edited by jcs on Feb 11, 2017 at 11:24 PM ]
I'm worried about Derek Barnett. Love his production and aggression but he also looks like he might have Michael Sam athleticism - though he will have toughness that Sam never had.
Patrick Mahomes...depending on when he goes, but I don't think he'll be good regardless.

Tim williams...one trick pony, too small.
Whoever Cleveland drafts #1...because its Cleveland. (I'm still mad at Kaep for the Rams win)
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Scrubisky. Highest potential to bust.
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Cam Robinson

Originally posted by goldstandard:
Mike Williams
He doesn't have alot of moves and is not a great route runner. He's very good when the balls in the air however.

Originally posted by Heroism:
Reuben Foster - Has sketchy instincts and recognition. Overly dependent on his athleticism. I think his poor tackling and recklessness will come back to bite him in the pros.

He wiffs on tackles way to often.

These guys plus watson.

You can say as much about any QB in this draft although I do like a couple of them it's just hard to say.

Obviously I don't think these guys will all be bust, but riskier picks that I personally don't want

I think you guys are crazy if you think Myles Garret will be a flat out bust. He is a little over hyped cause he doesn't use pass rushing techniques but guess what? You can teach that. You can't teach speed, size, strength, and pure athleticism.
Originally posted by gored49:
I'm worried about Derek Barnett. Love his production and aggression but he also looks like he might have Michael Sam athleticism - though he will have toughness that Sam never had.

He's a sure thing prospect to me. Look up the the game he played cam Robinson (a first round pick OL). He abused him.
Garrett - I question the football motor. Can't always use your athletic ability to solve the problems
Mike Williams - will take plays off
Watson - a system and one read guy
  • Andra
  • Veteran
I think that all the top rated QB's have high bust potential

Watson: good athlete but might not have NFL arm talent.
Kizer: big and strong but inconsistent
Trubisky: had an amazing season. Only had 1 season
Mahomes : all the physical tool but will he be able to read defenses, zone defenses in particular.
I just watched the Alabama Texas am tape on Garrett and while im no expert, Cam Robinson destroyed him. OJ Howard even got a big block on Garrett to spring a 10 yard run. I also watched the Tennessee tape, neither were good for Garrett.

Nobody has mentioned Corey Davis so far. He's my draft crush.

Mitch trubisky, 1 year sample size and ppl going nuts is lol and has never won any bowl games and such, like talk about reaching
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
Originally posted by gored49:

He's a sure thing prospect to me. Look up the the game he played cam Robinson (a first round pick OL). He abused him.

I saw. He is still in the top 20 on my big board. Just throwing a new name out there beyond the obvious potential first rounders: every qb and every Alabama player other than Allen.

Still worried what his combine numbers will look like. He will fall out of the first round if they are like Sam's.
Trubisky aka right handed Tim Tebow
Watson is the layup here. His skills do not translate to the NFL.

I've asked this in several forums but I never get an answer, can someone who picked Trubisky point to anything besides the 13 starts?
Go read the Mitch Trubisky thread. I broke down some gross mechanical flaws Trubisky has that will get him exposed in the NFL if he doesn't address them.
Share 49ersWebzone