There are 184 users in the forums

Kareem Hunt RB Toledo

Man it's a little eerie of how much this guy looks like Gore.
McCaffrey is the closest thing I've seen to Le'Veon Bell because of the patience factor but Hunt is a field vision beast as well. He does it all, he catches in well run routes, he is super shifty, fights for yardage and is tough to bring down. Like this kid alot. Could be a steal in the 3rd.
NFL Media's Lance Zierlein compares Toledo RB Kareem Hunt to former Broncos RB Olandis Gary.
"Big back with plus vision and enough elusiveness to make the first defender miss," Zierlein wrote. "Zone-scheme runner with serviceable hands out of the backfield. Adequate in most areas and has talent to become a backup that can step in and handle a bigger load if needed." Hunt earned first-team All-MAC honors last season by rushing for 1,475 yards and ten touchdowns while chipping in 41 catches for 403 yards and a score. NFL Media's Chad Reuter slotted Hunt into the middle of Round 3 in a recent mock draft.
Has Shanny written all over him.
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
NFL Media's Lance Zierlein compares Toledo RB Kareem Hunt to former Broncos RB Olandis Gary.
"Big back with plus vision and enough elusiveness to make the first defender miss," Zierlein wrote. "Zone-scheme runner with serviceable hands out of the backfield. Adequate in most areas and has talent to become a backup that can step in and handle a bigger load if needed." Hunt earned first-team All-MAC honors last season by rushing for 1,475 yards and ten touchdowns while chipping in 41 catches for 403 yards and a score. NFL Media's Chad Reuter slotted Hunt into the middle of Round 3 in a recent mock draft.
I'll be shocked if this season one of Hunt, Jamaal Williams, Aaron Jones or Brian Hill aren't wearing a 49ers uniform. They are all just good fits for what Shanahan likes to run and will be good value in the middle to late rounds.
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:

"Serviceable hands"??? He might have the best hands of any RB in the draft. Didn't see him drop one ball all year, and he made some low catches that he had no business catching. Very solid blocker against blitzers as well.
I live in Toledo. Been to a handful of UT games these last couple years. This kid is so quick and has a amazing burst it looks so unreal watching him play live
Originally posted by BMoore56:
I live in Toledo. Been to a handful of UT games these last couple years. This kid is so quick and has a amazing burst it looks so unreal watching him play live

He passed the eye ball test for me at the senior bowl. I'm a value kinda guy, Hunt is my guy due to more pressing needs with first three picks. Use our fourth to trade up if need to.
Next great 49ers RB, book it!
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

http://www.ninersnation.com/2017/4/12/15273646/49ers-kareem-hunt-workout-visit-2017-nfl-draft

"The San Francisco 49ers likely need to find a running back in the early rounds of the 2017 NFL Draft, and Toledo's Kareem Hunt would appear to be on their radar. The team met with him at the NFL Combine, and had at least one scout on hand for Toledo's Pro Day. Now, it appears they have done a bit more work. Draft analyst Tony Pauline is reporting the 49ers are one of 11 teams to either host Hunt for a visit, or put him through a private workout.

Hunt had a huge sophomore season in 2014, rushing for 1,631 yards and 16 touchdowns. His 2015 season was a struggle, suspended the first two games for a rules violation and dealing with hamstring and ankle injuries. He still finished the year with 973 yards and 12 touchdowns. He capped his college career in 2016 with 1,475 yards and ten touchdowns. He also had 41 receptions for 403 yards. Both receiving numbers exceeded his combined totals prior to that. He earned first-team All-MAC honors for that performance.

Hunt is looking like a late day two or early day three option for the 49ers. He's got some solid size, standing 5'10 216 lbs. He's not a speedy back, and scouting reports point to a guy with solid vision. Lance Zierlein compared him to Olandis Gary in his NFL.com scouting report. That would certainly be a fitting addition given Gary's success under Mike Shanahan. Gary put up 1,159 yards as a rookie, but injuries short-circuited his career after that.

The 49ers running back depth chart currently includes Carlos Hyde, Tim Hightower, DuJuan Harris, Mike Davis, and Raheem Mostert. It's safe to say they'll be looking to add depth to the position. This year's running back class is particularly deep, so waiting and grabbing someone like Hunt could make a little more sense than making a splash in the first round."
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Apr 12, 2017 at 1:58 PM ]

Originally posted by Wu-5Rings:

http://www.ninersnation.com/2017/4/12/15273646/49ers-kareem-hunt-workout-visit-2017-nfl-draft

"The San Francisco 49ers likely need to find a running back in the early rounds of the 2017 NFL Draft, and Toledo's Kareem Hunt would appear to be on their radar. The team met with him at the NFL Combine, and had at least one scout on hand for Toledo's Pro Day. Now, it appears they have done a bit more work. Draft analyst Tony Pauline is reporting the 49ers are one of 11 teams to either host Hunt for a visit, or put him through a private workout.

Hunt had a huge sophomore season in 2014, rushing for 1,631 yards and 16 touchdowns. His 2015 season was a struggle, suspended the first two games for a rules violation and dealing with hamstring and ankle injuries. He still finished the year with 973 yards and 12 touchdowns. He capped his college career in 2016 with 1,475 yards and ten touchdowns. He also had 41 receptions for 403 yards. Both receiving numbers exceeded his combined totals prior to that. He earned first-team All-MAC honors for that performance.

Hunt is looking like a late day two or early day three option for the 49ers. He's got some solid size, standing 5'10 216 lbs. He's not a speedy back, and scouting reports point to a guy with solid vision. Lance Zierlein compared him to Olandis Gary in his NFL.com scouting report. That would certainly be a fitting addition given Gary's success under Mike Shanahan. Gary put up 1,159 yards as a rookie, but injuries short-circuited his career after that.

The 49ers running back depth chart currently includes Carlos Hyde, Tim Hightower, DuJuan Harris, Mike Davis, and Raheem Mostert. It's safe to say they'll be looking to add depth to the position. This year's running back class is particularly deep, so waiting and grabbing someone like Hunt could make a little more sense than making a splash in the first round."

I look at Hunt, Jamaal Williams and Aaron Jones in particular and these guys just scream "Shanahan RB." Very good fits for the sorts of running and passing plays the scheme demands from its RBs. If they don't shock and go McCaffrey early, I expect one of these guys to be the pick and Hunt is my favorite out of all of them.
Originally posted by BMoore56:

Go Mudhens!
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

I agree...we've been interested in him since the senior bowl. Think we spoke to him there, the combine, then brought him in

Edit: didn't see Wu's article lol
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Apr 12, 2017 at 4:15 PM ]
Perfect example of why I feel he's going to be a good pro. Vision, balance, quick feet, he has it all.

https://twitter.com/DanDahlke86/status/848437355392282624
Most important part of that clip is how quick he reads the cutback lane on the inside zone. There's a fine balance between patience and decisiveness that zone runners need to succeed. Kareem has it.
Share 49ersWebzone