LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 278 users in the forums

Kareem Hunt RB Toledo

He did great today . They said he cut some weight and he looks fast.
Originally posted by saniner:
Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by shmuck:
Thing is he came in pretty undersized for what I was expecting. 5'10 1/2 208 and 9 3/4 hands is pretty meh. He needs to gain some weight. I still like him a lot though the combine will be huge for him.

Same. Those measurables are pretty underwhelming. He looked so much bigger on tape.

5'9 3/8 and 210 lbs. Those are Frank Gores measurables at the combine. Hunt has plenty of size. He will fill out for sure.

I don't think were exactly knocking him for being small, just more like not as large as we thought he was. Might be he was just cutting weight for speed at the combine. He looked a lot quicker than normal today. regardless I'm sure he'll gain some weight for the NFL. I really hope we draft him.
Originally posted by shmuck:

I don't think were exactly knocking him for being small, just more like not as large as we thought he was. Might be he was just cutting weight for speed at the combine. He looked a lot quicker than normal today. regardless I'm sure he'll gain some weight for the NFL. I really hope we draft him.

exactly. I am still high on him; I just thought he was much bigger than he is.
Reminds me D Freeman. I think Kyle is going to like him.
He looks good we need another running back Hyde can't stay on the field always hurt
The holes are gonna be there in this offense..just need a back that can hit it hard and hold on to the ball..one thing about the falcons is that they do not fumble..2nd in fumbles per game..impressive for how productive the offense is..bet shanahan is gonna see that goose egg on the stat sheet and look at this kid
Great senior bowl he'd be a good back to team up with Hyde
If the Niners draft Kareem Hunt im buying his jersey day one. Im a huge UT fan so I would go nuts. GO Niners and Go Rockets
Really liked Hunt this year before his outstanding Senior Bowl but wanted to do a full year evaluation. What I can honestly say is that I have had more "Wow" moments watching Hunt than any player in this draft. Seen nearly every snap in 2016 over the last 24 hours.

Great change of direction, burst, ability to be tough inside but also run around the corner. Can get skinny through holes in the line. Excellent hands making tough catches look routine. Elusive in the open field. Did not see one drop. Solid in pass protection. Not afraid to stand up a rushing blitzer. Never fumbles- I think once every 400 carries. Most impressive quality- he breaks tackles on nearky every run. Nobody breaks more tackles.

Not sure if I laughed more or shook my head in disbelief. Top 5 enjoyable player to watch this year on film. He is going to be way underdrafted this year for sure
Originally posted by HERN:
I say this all the time.

This dude is Jay Ayaji 2.0

This is the RB I hope we draft. He can be the Tevin Coleman for the 9ers.

Anyone else think he is a Tevin Coleman for the niners? I think so, he reminds me of Frank Gore a bit

Bonus is I can scream Holy Toledo! any time he scores
[ Edited by ChaunceyGardner on Mar 13, 2017 at 4:29 PM ]

Good mid round pick IMO
I'm glad the masses are taking notice

NFL Draft 2017: Kareem Hunt says "I'm going to keep a chip on my shoulder"

http://arrowheadaddict.com/2017/03/08/nfl-combine-2017-kareem-hunt-draft-toledo/
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Mar 13, 2017 at 5:19 PM ]
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Really liked Hunt this year before his outstanding Senior Bowl but wanted to do a full year evaluation. What I can honestly say is that I have had more "Wow" moments watching Hunt than any player in this draft. Seen nearly every snap in 2016 over the last 24 hours.

Great change of direction, burst, ability to be tough inside but also run around the corner. Can get skinny through holes in the line. Excellent hands making tough catches look routine. Elusive in the open field. Did not see one drop. Solid in pass protection. Not afraid to stand up a rushing blitzer. Never fumbles- I think once every 400 carries. Most impressive quality- he breaks tackles on nearky every run. Nobody breaks more tackles.

Not sure if I laughed more or shook my head in disbelief. Top 5 enjoyable player to watch this year on film. He is going to be way underdrafted this year for sure

But is he a generational player? All kidding aside, curious as to who you have higher, hunt or Mixon, considering nothing but football talent
  • crew
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ohio49ersfan:
If the Niners draft Kareem Hunt im buying his jersey day one. Im a huge UT fan so I would go nuts. GO Niners and Go Rockets

Niners will have to take him at top of 3rd RD, most mocks have him going now mid to late 3rd RD.
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
But is he a generational player? All kidding aside, curious as to who you have higher, hunt or Mixon, considering nothing but football talent

Mixon is the most talented back in the draft, but carries off the field baggage. Teams have to judge the risk of Mixon in their draft consideration.
Share 49ersWebzone