LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 263 users in the forums

Carlos Henderson WR/ Returner - La Tech

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Pro Football Focus‏ @PFF

La Tech WR Carlos Henderson forced 48 missed tackles in 2016 to lead the nation. The next-closest receiver had 26.

Wow
Pro Football Focus‏ @PFF

La Tech WR Carlos Henderson forced 48 missed tackles in 2016 to lead the nation. The next-closest receiver had 26.

bully Now that I think about it, Henderson kind of reminds me of Jarvis Landry.
[ Edited by Heroism on Mar 22, 2017 at 2:37 PM ]
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
idk, gabriel is much faster. I would say he is more comparable to sanu. Goodwin is definitely as close as you can get to a taylor gabriel

Gabriel definitely has him on speed, but Henderson is bigger and more physical. They're both explosive and shifty in space and that's where I see the comparison and how he would be used here.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Could be one of the steals of the draft... lat Shanny develop him
Shanahan/Lynch has an eye for talent I see. Nice for a change!!
10. CARLOS HENDERSON, Louisiana Tech (5-11, 202, 4.52, 3-4): Joins Curtis Samuel as the two best run-after-the-catch WRs in draft, according to one scout. "He's in that Emmanuel Sanders-Antonio Brown mold coming out," said another scout. "He doesn't have elite size but he's got twitch and is explosive. He'll have nuances to develop from a route-running standpoint but he's got all the tools." Fourth-year junior with 147 catches for 2,878 (19.6) and 28 TDs. "They limited the route tree that he ran but he can run by people," said a third scout. "He's got really good vertical speed." From New Orleans. Added a fourth scout: "Every time he touches the ball it's a potential touchdown."

Henderson in Shanahan's offense=bananas
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
With the ball in his hands he really reminds me of 49er great John Taylor.

A little shorter in measured height but he plays bigger than he is.
Sounds intriguing
10. CARLOS HENDERSON, Louisiana Tech (5-11, 202, 4.52, 3-4): Joins Curtis Samuel as the two best run-after-the-catch WRs in draft, according to one scout. "He's in that Emmanuel Sanders-Antonio Brown mold coming out," said another scout. "He doesn't have elite size but he's got twitch and is explosive. He'll have nuances to develop from a route-running standpoint but he's got all the tools." Fourth-year junior with 147 catches for 2,878 (19.6) and 28 TDs. "They limited the route tree that he ran but he can run by people," said a third scout. "He's got really good vertical speed." From New Orleans. Added a fourth scout: "Every time he touches the ball it's a potential touchdown."

Henderson in Shanahan's offense=bananas

Lot of dudes and Gabriel in Shannys system...bananas. Lol.
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
With the ball in his hands he really reminds me of 49er great John Taylor.

A little shorter in measured height but he plays bigger than he is.

Second reference to John Taylor I've seen in The last two days. Polian, last night, compared Corey Davis to John Taylor too.

Nice to see Taylor still getting love.
[ Edited by Lobo49er on Apr 26, 2017 at 6:12 AM ]

Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:

Don't believe Shanahan has ever had someone quite like Henderson who is so outstanding in the open field. He's not so much a vertical threat as he is a YAC machine.
Don't believe Shanahan has ever had someone quite like Henderson who is so outstanding in the open field. He's not so much a vertical threat as he is a YAC machine.

I'd be pumped, he'll be drafted a similar area to my mid round crush Josh Reynolds, but I'd still love to get Henderson
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:

I'd be pumped, he'll be drafted a similar area to my mid round crush Josh Reynolds, but I'd still love to get Henderson

If we end up taking two WRs in the fourth...one shifty, one big bodied(So maybe 1 TE), that'd make one crazy TC for us lol. Henderson and Evans/Malone/Hodges/Everett/Kettle possible guys in range.
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:

Yup, I think PFF compared him to Tavon Austin. He's a few inches taller and bigger than Austin is, but you probably use them the same way. Get the ball in their hands on quick passes, screens and let them pick up YAC.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Heroism:
bully Now that I think about it, Henderson kind of reminds me of Jarvis Landry.

When you put it in that context....
Share 49ersWebzone