There are 184 users in the forums

Carlos Henderson WR/ Returner - La Tech

Okay, I am on board now with Henderson, too. That's a really good 40 time to complement his physicality on the field.
Henderson met with the 49ers. Could be a good 3rd round pick
There is no doubt that Henderson is one of the more explosive WRs with the ball in his hands in this draft. My biggest concern is this: Historically, receivers that do not top the team with receptions tend to not outplay the guy with the most receptions in the NFL. Trent Taylor had 54 more catches last year, and even though Taylor was the slot receiver, the difference in these numbers is pretty staggering.
Carlos Henderson = Randall Cobb 2.0
but faster.
What round do you guys see him going?
Pretty solid profile of him based off of what the highlight tape I just watched
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/carlos-henderson?id=2558003
He is elusive af though, I will give him that
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
There is no doubt that Henderson is one of the more explosive WRs with the ball in his hands in this draft. My biggest concern is this: Historically, receivers that do not top the team with receptions tend to not outplay the guy with the most receptions in the NFL. Trent Taylor had 54 more catches last year, and even though Taylor was the slot receiver, the difference in these numbers is pretty staggering.
Same thing I was watching, I just watched their highlights back to back. Henderson reminds me a lot of Quinton Patton, honestly. He's more elusive, but he really looks like a product of the offense -- hardly ever sees press, gets behind zones because of so many WRs, not a great high pointer
Trent Taylor -- reminds me of Edelman, Welker -- Nice route runner, good hole finder, high points the ball. Man he's small though, not really the type of WR I want. The Pats are probably drooling over him as a late round pick.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Snag eem!
Originally posted by aarchambo:
What round do you guys see him going?

Late 3rd or early 4th

He has potential when the ball is in his hands, but is not ready to be a WR in the NFL. I think he will come in the league and if he makes it, run some gadget plays and not really be a full time WR for several years.
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Mar 22, 2017 at 9:45 AM ]
I am still on board.

Shanny loves his speed, and Henderson has some.
[ Edited by Heroism on Mar 22, 2017 at 9:45 AM ]

In just hope he's better than Ellington and Patton tbh
Originally posted by 49er_Rider:
That's what scares me
Originally posted by 49erInTheMidwest:
Originally posted by 49er_Rider:
That's what scares me

Louisiana Tech WR Carlos Henderson met with the San Francisco 49ers, Arizona Cardinals and New Orleans Saints earlier this week.

Among others, those three clubs were in town for Henderson's pro day workout. That session was run by Detroit Lions offensive coordinator Jim Bob Cooter. Henderson opted to stand on his NFL Combine testing numbers, which wasn't a surprise after he lit up that event. Henderson's height-weight-speed numbers were comparable to Odell Beckham's.

Honestly I don't think Ellington or Patton suck..Ellington can't stay healthy and Patton never got the ball thrown his way, we need a QB end of the day.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Louisiana Tech WR Carlos Henderson met with the San Francisco 49ers, Arizona Cardinals and New Orleans Saints earlier this week.

Among others, those three clubs were in town for Henderson's pro day workout. That session was run by Detroit Lions offensive coordinator Jim Bob Cooter. Henderson opted to stand on his NFL Combine testing numbers, which wasn't a surprise after he lit up that event. Henderson's height-weight-speed numbers were comparable to Odell Beckham's.

Honestly I don't think Ellington or Patton suck..Ellington can't stay healthy and Patton never got the ball thrown his way, we need a QB end of the day.

A QB and a scheme that actually utilizes players. I like Henderson and think he can be used how Shanahan used Taylor Gabriel. Short screens and vertical routes.
Originally posted by saniner:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

A QB and a scheme that actually utilizes players. I like Henderson and think he can be used how Shanahan used Taylor Gabriel. Short screens and vertical routes.

idk, gabriel is much faster. I would say he is more comparable to sanu. Goodwin is definitely as close as you can get to a taylor gabriel
[ Edited by JustinNiner on Mar 22, 2017 at 2:10 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone