There are 221 users in the forums

Harold Landry Boston College DE/OLB

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:

I remember you also mentioned that a lot of the BC - D Line graduated in 2016 and in 2017 there were newbies on that line and they weren't as effective in 2017.

I really am anxious about this draft. I'm just guesstimating - but I see Landry, Davenport, Obo, Key as the way I'd stack the draft board on the LEO position. Then again, I have no clue what a real draft board even looks like.
Only you shouldn't be just drafting BPA. Ward imo doesn't fit the profile of the CBs we want. Nelson is a stud period...do you take a OG vs Edge? That's a debate (especially in a draft with great interior OL talent) same with LBers (especially at WILL).

Fitz great player, slot DB isn't exactly a game changer imo.

Honestly outside of the foster fiasco, the interior defense front to back looks pretty good...we need help in the outside (edge/CB).

Just depends on what we have these guys graded at. If grades are similiar than you absolutely take edge rusher above a guard and linebacker.
Originally posted by miked1978:
Only you shouldn't be just drafting BPA. Ward imo doesn't fit the profile of the CBs we want. Nelson is a stud period...do you take a OG vs Edge? That's a debate (especially in a draft with great interior OL talent) same with LBers (especially at WILL).

Fitz great player, slot DB isn't exactly a game changer imo.

Honestly outside of the foster fiasco, the interior defense front to back looks pretty good...we need help in the outside (edge/CB).

Just depends on what we have these guys graded at. If grades are similiar than you absolutely take edge rusher above a guard and linebacker.

Agreed. I think need, grade, fit need to be meshed together.
Originally posted by Heroism:

Beautiful. Landry's feet are the most under-appreciated aspect of his game. His footwork is tremendous.

Yeah hard to bend around the corner with a busted ankle...or really do anything
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Apr 22, 2018 at 2:13 PM ]
Don't like the talk of Landry to the Bears. Those f**kers better stay away.
Yeah hard to bend around the corner with a busted ankle...or really do anything

That's just nonsense!!!! He injured his ankle the end of his 6th game, he only played two after that. His 2017 tape is completely relevant, as it happens it isn't bad at all, just annoys me when people use it as an excuse.
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
That's just nonsense!!!! He injured his ankle the end of his 6th game, he only played two after that. His 2017 tape is completely relevant, as it happens it isn't bad at all, just annoys me when people use it as an excuse.

Same here. He's the same guy if not better in 2017. Caused constant pressure
Fangio gonna rape us for choosing Mr. Clean over him.

Originally posted by NCommand:

Oh, the irony if the Niners jump CHI to grab Landry after all the months of trade back talk.
Oh, the irony if the Niners jump CHI to grab Landry after all the months of trade back talk.

No kidding!!!

Originally posted by 49erBigMac:

5 sacks in 6 games and had like 10 pressures his 1st two games, Clemson game I saw 4 QB hits along with one that turned into a INT. Had another hit that should have been a sack, if not for Kelly turning into Russell Wilson.

He wasn't amazing in the ND game, but I saw play calls rolling the QB away from him & they had Landry out in coverage a couple plays. He had 3 or 4 QB hits from what I saw and was constantly the first person off the snap. I think his worst play was when he had the QB dead to rights in the backfield, but got juked out for a long rush.

They better get their cock beaters off our guy!
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Apr 22, 2018 at 4:25 PM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

Wow! I hope Fangio isn't in charge of the defensive draft! I don't want ShanaLynch to have to move up to get Landry. They should be able to trade back instead!
If the Bears want Landry, they can have him. It will push a better player down the board to us.
Landry can be part of Fangio's new Lynch mob.

Share 49ersWebzone