There are 262 users in the forums

MBA Mock Draft ver 1.0 2017

About time to do a mock. This draft is based on the CBS Sports NFL Draft Scout prospect rankings as of 11/18 and one major trade at the top of the draft:

Niners trade #2 pick to Tennessee Titans for 2017 #9 pick, 2017 2nd round pick, 2017 4th Round pick and 2018 2nd round pick

Titans

Round 1 Reuben Foster ILB Alabama 6'1" 236 lbs - Need to solidify our run defense and put a solid run stopper next to Bowman
Round 2a Deshon Kizer QB Notre Dame 6'4' 230 lbs - Many of the QB's will fall because there is no true #1 and his team's bad overall performance
Round 2b (from Titans) Corey Davis WR Western Michigan 6'3" 213 lbs - Small school guy with tools to be a #1 WR.
Round 3 Wayne Gallman RB Clemson 6'0" 215 lbs - Need to have insurance for the oft injured Carlos Hyde
Round 4a Jordan Willis EDGE Kansas State 6'4" 250 lbs - edge rusher to help Aaron Lynch
Round 4b (from Titans) Cooper Rush QB Western Michigan - double down on the QB competition for the future.
Round 5a Montravious Adam DT Auburn 6'3" 309 lbs - Need to add some depth in the interior of our tissue soft defense
Round 5b (from Redskins) Jesu Chesson WR Michigan 6'2" 203 lbs - Another addition to our weak WR corps
Round 6a Cole Croston OTIowa 6'5"307 lbs - Swing OT - Can always use another OT
Round 6b (from Broncos) Kyle Kalis OG Michigan 6'4" 305 lbs - OG from Harbaugh U who can pass protect and run block
Round 7a Nathan Gerry SS Nebraska 6'2" 220 lbs - secondary depth and good special teams player
Round 7b (from Browns) Josh Tupou NT Colorado 6"1" 325 lbs - Another run stuffer to rebuild our interior defense.

Your thoughts,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
who are the Titans trading up for?
Kizer won't be there in the second
Kizer and Davis will go in the first almost guaranteed. Also if were moving down from #2 to #9 we should be able to get a first for next year. Other then that solid.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Heroism:
who are the Titans trading up for?

Does not matter, Titans have no 2nd round pick in this years class.
Not bad. But is Foster on the same level as Willis and Kuechly coming out of college? If not then no thanks to that pick at 9
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Not bad. But is Foster on the same level as Willis and Kuechly coming out of college? If not then no thanks to that pick at 9

He is.
Originally posted by shmuck:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

He is.

Well then I am on board
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by shmuck:
Kizer and Davis will go in the first almost guaranteed. Also if were moving down from #2 to #9 we should be able to get a first for next year. Other then that solid.

kizer is not a top10 pick. all this overrating because hes a qb
Who the heck is Tennessee giving up all those picks for?? And like someone else said they don't have a 2017 2nd rd pick.

Kizer and Davis both end up as 1st rd picks and foster is not at the same level as Willis, good LB but no way is he worth a top 10 pick IMO.

People want to move down and I get it, but there aren't those high impact qb prospects that teams are willing to move up for (as of now)...we'd have to be willing to ask for a lot less to move down or draft BPA, IMO if we are 2nd and we want Myles why not throw the Browns a extra 3rd to move up and get him??

I'm complete fine walking away from this draft with 4 or 5 solid prospects than the usual 10 picks of developmental players...overspend for some vets and get some real impact players in the draft, we're chalk full of youth as it is.

Originally posted by fan49:

He's gonna be over drafted regardless, teams need a qb and he's not dropping to the 2nd...no way he makes it past the Browns 2nd 1st rd pick.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

He's gonna be over drafted regardless, teams need a qb and he's not dropping to the 2nd...no way he makes it past the Browns 2nd 1st rd pick.

I think you can say that for Watson, Kizer, Trubisky, Kaaya, and Mahomes..all QBs get over drafted bc the starvation for a franchise QB..all it takes is a team to fall in love..look at all the bad QBs taken early every year..
Originally posted by jersey49er:
I think you can say that for Watson, Kizer, Trubisky, Kaaya, and Mahomes..all QBs get over drafted bc the starvation for a franchise QB..all it takes is a team to fall in love..look at all the bad QBs taken early every year..

Agreed...one will slip to us in the 2nd if we don't go qb early.

Still want a trade for Jimmy though
Originally posted by NYniner85:

A lot of people still have him as the first QB selected. I'd be shocked if he's there for our 2nd round pick, but very happy if we take
him. Would much rather have Kizer than someone like Falk or Kaaya.

Like the Montravius Adams pick and I think I had us taking him in the mid-rounds of a mock draft last year. He may not be there in the 5th, but it seems like there are a lot of good DT's again so who knows.
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
A lot of people still have him as the first QB selected. I'd be shocked if he's there for our 2nd round pick, but very happy if we take
him. Would much rather have Kizer than someone like Falk or Kaaya.

Like the Montravius Adams pick and I think I had us taking him in the mid-rounds of a mock draft last year. He may not be there in the 5th, but it seems like there are a lot of good DT's again so who knows.

Yeah agree I'd be happy has hell if he was sitting there in the 2nd...and yes I like Adams as well
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Nov 18, 2016 at 5:23 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone