LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 422 users in the forums

Baker Mayfield-QB Oklahoma

• Jcool
  • Veteran

"Tackled while sprinting away" - will drop him a round, no long speed
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/02/25/baker-mayfield-may-have-blown-his-invitation-to-the-2018-scouting-combine/
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:

"Tackled while sprinting away" - will drop him a round, no long speed

Lol
Man, he didn't even wait till right b4 the next draft to engage in idiotic behavior costing several rounds. Just do it a whole year early and get it out of the way haha.
Lol as to the people wanting to wait till 2018 to draft him! Eat your crow now!
Shouldn't drop his stock. But his play will

Seriously though I don't think he's good at all.
I'd agree Mayfield's a good college QB, but won't make it in the NFL. This arrest and the bad decisions he made leading up to it surely won't make Stoops very happy. He's not a guy whose dog house you want to be in, either. He might be able to overcome it, but even if he does, his NFL future's shaky, at best.
Sign the cop.
The dash-cam footage of Oklahoma redshirt senior QB Baker Mayfield being tackled and arrested in late February has surfaced.

Mayfield was arrested in Arkansas on charges of public intoxication, disorderly conduct, resisting arrest and fleeing after he became antsy when police asked him to stay put following his breaking up a confrontation between two other parties. When he attempted to run, he got all of three steps in before an officer tackled him against a low wall. Mayfield, a Heisman hopeful for 2017, has since apologized for the arrest. The video can be viewed at the source link.

Source: Eric Bailey on Twitter

3 steps???? Terrible workout

Hopefully the Mayfield threads get combined by the mods and since this is the original I'll post itt...

I like the guy but I wouldn't touch him in the first 2 rounds. Too much Manziel for my tastes, that includes the off the field concerns.
Originally posted by genus49:
Too much Manziel for my tastes, that includes the off the field concerns.

He got a disorderly conduct & resisting arrest charge, right? This guy is little-dog-syndrome to the extreme.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Mayfield coming up huge against Ohio State
He did alot of running around against the Ohio State rush but their DBs couldn't cover. He made some good throws from the pocket.

I like that fullback/hback Flowers
[ Edited by ChaunceyGardner on Sep 9, 2017 at 7:43 PM ]
Mr Clutch showing why he's the real deal and these other QBs are just hype.
Share 49ersWebzone