LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 239 users in the forums

LG Quenton Nelson - Notre Dame - Jr

Good call, JaggedJ.
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
Nah, he just had a bad rep against Buck in Pre-Season, started a little slow and the quick judgements flew.

He stoned Jurrell Casey for Mack's 1st TD, that's no mean feat.

I'm happy with McGlinchey but Q is a stud, which was obvious to anyone with eyes.

Yessiree.
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
Originally posted by RumphSteak:
Damn I thought this thread was bumped due to him being terrible compared to McGlinch

Nah, he just had a bad rep against Buck in Pre-Season, started a little slow and the quick judgements flew.

He stoned Jurrell Casey for Mack's 1st TD, that's no mean feat.

I'm happy with McGlinchey but Q is a stud, which was obvious to anyone with eyes.

This and there was never any doubt. It's his personality. Nelson is a vicious relentless bully on the field and enjoys it. I am really happy with McGlinchey. I hated the pick when it was made and couldn't be happier to be eating crow. I think he's going to be good for us for a long time, but Nelson is a beast, a tone setter on their line. McG is more a physical technician.
Originally posted by WINiner:
This and there was never any doubt. It's his personality. Nelson is a vicious relentless bully on the field and enjoys it. I am really happy with McGlinchey. I hated the pick when it was made and couldn't be happier to be eating crow. I think he's going to be good for us for a long time, but Nelson is a beast, a tone setter on their line. McG is more a physical technician.

Its crazy how much ridiculous OL talent has come through Notre Dame.

You could put together the best OL in the NFL just by selecting Notre Dame alumni.

LT-Ronnie Stanley
LG-Quenton Nelson
C-John Sullivan
RG-Zach Martin
RT-Mike McGlinchey
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

You could put together the best OL in the NFL just by selecting Notre Dame alumni.

LT-Ronnie Stanley
LG-Quenton Nelson
C-John Sullivan
RG-Zach Martin
RT-Mike McGlinchey

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

LT-Ronnie Stanley
LG-Quenton Nelson
C-John Sullivan
RG-Zach Martin
RT-Mike McGlinchey

I agree with all of this, and it's no surprise their former OL coach is now in the NFL.

One less factory to pick from though as more and more colleges abandon pro styles.
Best guard in the league already. Pancakes LVE.

Originally posted by Heroism:

lol

Ha! Like that from Baldy, Q is a stud.

Pretty sure he has lotion and Kleenex's readily available while watching Nelson

During the playoff game I saw them using Nelson as like an extra anchor for the T and the TE on that side of the ball. He was behind them with a hand in each of the others lower back quite purposely just being an extra anchor for the two guys in front of him, I'm not sure i've ever seen that before. I really paid a lot of attention to Nelson in this game and he was just dominant. Every time there was a replay you'd see the Colts line at 1 level, and Nelson and his guy at a slightly different level, just in front/forward of the rest of the line. Dude initiates contact on every snap and is just aggressive as hell. Im real happy with McG, but I wish we had Nelson.
[ Edited by WINiner on Jan 6, 2019 at 11:16 AM ]
Crazy. I thought Colts were some fools for passing on Smith when they needed a LB badly. They ended up with the best guard in the league and an all pro rookie LB in Leonard. And they're killin it.

If you have the right pieces in place and nail just one draft, it can change the entire franchise. See the saints with their perfect 2017 draft or Colts in 2018.

Thus was hilarious!!! Baldy with another gem!!!
Welp to whoever werr againsf taking a guard that high

That's why at #2 overall you take the elite prospect even if it is a DL again
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:
Crazy. I thought Colts were some fools for passing on Smith when they needed a LB badly. They ended up with the best guard in the league and an all pro rookie LB in Leonard. And they're killin it.

If you have the right pieces in place and nail just one draft, it can change the entire franchise. See the saints with their perfect 2017 draft or Colts in 2018.

They have the GM a lot of us wanted in Chris Ballard
Share 49ersWebzone