LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 202 users in the forums

Who do you take if available?

Who do you take if available?

Myles Garrett is a no brainer....plenty qb's in this draft...we need pass rush...ilb's...wr's...a te...and athletic lineman...and please get us a running back that runs north and south/no dancing....a new Gm.....and move back for more picks...we need 2 first round picks and 2 second round picks...qb-passrusher-ilb-wr
  • fan49
  • Veteran
garrett tp me is the best talent in a while. you dont pass up on for sure talent for maybes anything
With so many holes on the roster we need immediate impact players. Whoever fits that description, wherever we are picking, pick that guy or those players.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Wu-5Rings:
Qb and then come back into the first round and steal Jabrill Peppers.

He's like a top 10 pick

Do what it takes to get him
Originally posted by Tman:

Peppers is such a stud

Yes sir.

He is a one in a generation talent. Humble, hungry kid.. He is playing Qb and receiver some more. He is going to be a monster.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

He's like a top 10 pick

Do what it takes to get him

Peppers is stud but no way can you give up all that for one player especially not a qb. Your giving away the future for that.
At this point, BPA = Myles Garrett even though we are in desperate need of a QB.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
If by some miracle we are in position to take Myles Garrett -- we take him. There is not a single player in the draft that makes you say "yeah, I'll pass over this consensus generational pass rusher for him".
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
For those of you who think we need to draft a QB in the top 5 no matter what...

There is not currently much separation amongst the top 4 or 5 QBs likely to be in this draft. The guy you can get in the late first or early second does not represent a significant drop off from what you get in the early 1st.
Originally posted by TheNef77:
Garrett or Watson. The only reason I don't like the Garrett pick is because we're admitting that we messed up and wasted our last 2 1st round picks. Garrett can play both the 3-4 DE and OLB spots but I'd rather him 3-4 DE. He would be a Justin Smith like cornerstone there.

Uh, what? That's a terrible idea. His greatest strength is his ability to explode off the ball, bend and dip around the corner. You eliminate those by putting him at 5t.

He's an edge rusher, and he's EASILY the pick between those 3.

Originally posted by okdkid:
If by some miracle we are in position to take Myles Garrett -- we take him. There is not a single player in the draft that makes you say "yeah, I'll pass over this consensus generational pass rusher for him".

It reminds me of one of those episodes of Caught Up in the Draft on the 1985 Buffalo Bills. Bill Polian was deciding on taking either Bruce Smith or Ray Childress at number 1 overall. He was told "God only makes so many people that have this God given ability and the ability to rush the passer."

At the end of the day, I say it all depends on how many teams need a QB. After us, I count the Browns, Dolphins, Bears (speaking of which, is it any more obvious that we needed Gase back in 2015?), Saints (QB of the future) , Cardinals(QB of the future), Chiefs (if they fail to make a run), Bengals (if they fail to win a playoff game), and possibly the Texans. It doesn't mean that all of these teams will draft a quarterback in the first round, but that they could be taking one in the 2017 draft. The only teams I am truly worried about are the Browns, Dolphins, and Bears. However if things continue the way they are going, I can't see more than one of the QB needy teams drafting ahead of us. If we find ourselves in the position we were in last year, drafting out of the top 5, we could be in trouble because some team could leapfrog us.

My preference is for Watson and a pass rusher later in the 1st round after a trade up. But I think a Garrett/Trubisky combo could win the draft and turn this team around long term on goth sides of the ball.
Garrett/Trubisky is optimistic. Trubisky might be QB #2, arguably QB #1 if you're looking at it from a what have you done for me lately perspective.
Originally posted by Chibamarines:
Garrett/Trubisky is optimistic. Trubisky might be QB #2, arguably QB #1 if you're looking at it from a what have you done for me lately perspective.

Yea, the more I read, that idea is going down the tubes. Maybe in a perfect world Watson is the guy that slips to the teens lol.
  • bors
  • Veteran
I think we end the year with ponder starting and as a place holder art start of next year. We go qb in first. Top pass rusher 2nd. And hopefully free agency. Wr times 2. Want alshon and 1 more
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
DeShaun Watson. Kizer is way overrated in my opinion.
Share 49ersWebzone