Rep the Red & Gold: Shop 49ers Gear →

There are 670 users in the forums

John Ross WR Washington

Browse 49ers books and videos
Originally posted by FL9er:
He is electric. What is his pro comparison?

He reminds me a lot of Brandin Cooks, to be honest. A lot of ability, but has to be used with intention and creativity.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
He reminds me a lot of Brandin Cooks, to be honest. A lot of ability, but has to be used with intention and creativity.

I think his potential is Desean Jackson. Just an explosive receiver talent that glides across the field.
I am surprised this thread doesn't have more pages considering how down so many people are on Torrey Smith.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
I am surprised this thread doesn't have more pages considering how down so many people are on Torrey Smith.


Me personally I'm not down on Smith..the niners signed him to be a number 2 WR and now he's a 1 bc the lack of talent in the roster..the world knows he breaks down defenses with his speed and deep routes, this is the 1st year he's running number 1 WR routes which seem to be out of character..get a legit number 1 and I'm sure Smith is better and back to him..plus he's being covered by the opposing teams best CB compared to their 2nd like normal which on a lot of teams is a huge difference..I'm not ready to give up on smith without seeing him with a number 1 WR on the field..
Originally posted by jersey49er:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
I am surprised this thread doesn't have more pages considering how down so many people are on Torrey Smith.


Me personally I'm not down on Smith..the niners signed him to be a number 2 WR and now he's a 1 bc the lack of talent in the roster..the world knows he breaks down defenses with his speed and deep routes, this is the 1st year he's running number 1 WR routes which seem to be out of character..get a legit number 1 and I'm sure Smith is better and back to him..plus he's being covered by the opposing teams best CB compared to their 2nd like normal which on a lot of teams is a huge difference..I'm not ready to give up on smith without seeing him with a number 1 WR on the field..

Nice that everyone hasn't lost their senses.
Bump
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
He reminds me a lot of Brandin Cooks, to be honest. A lot of ability, but has to be used with intention and creativity.

I think his potential is Desean Jackson. Just an explosive receiver talent that glides across the field.

I think he will be a more complete player then desean Jackson he really runs great routes but I agree the same type of explosion and speed as djax...... call me crazy but i see a lot of LSU OBJ in this man
[ Edited by Zachary13White on Dec 17, 2016 at 12:19 PM ]
http://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/mcginn/2016/12/17/mcginn-class-running-backs-may-best-draft/95521504/?from=global&sessionKey=&autologin=
One scout said Ross had excellent hands and projected as a top deep threat.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000719682/article/scout-uws-john-ross-will-be-better-pro-than-brandin-cooks
"John Ross is probably the fastest player in college football right now and I think he's going to end up being a better pro than Brandin Cooks. (Jake) Browning is a solid quarterback, but Ross is making his life really easy." -- NFC scout on the Washington WR
[ Edited by shmuck on Dec 18, 2016 at 12:01 PM ]
I would love this guyv to be a 49er
Originally posted by Zachary13White:
I would love this guyv to be a 49er

If his injury history pushes him down, we could possibly reach him from 34. Sadly, I think both Williams and Davis will be well beyond our reach in a trade up scenario.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Originally posted by Zachary13White:
I would love this guyv to be a 49er

If his injury history pushes him down, we could possibly reach him from 34. Sadly, I think both Williams and Davis will be well beyond our reach in a trade up scenario.

yeah I agree Williams and Davis seem unreachable unless the niners trade down from 2( I say they both go 7-15 in the draft) , the other WRs will all have their chance during the bowl games and work outs to show who goes where after the 2 top WRs mentioned..
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 44,532
Eric Galko ‏@OptimumScouting
#Washington's John Ross may be top WR in '17 Draft. Special deep threat. Best comp might be Odell Beckham
http://thesportsdaily.com/optimum-scouting/2017-nfl-draft-peach-bowl-scouting-preview-led-by-alabamas-defensive-front-seven-and-washingtons-john-ross/ … #PeachBowl

https://twitter.com/OptimumScouting/status/815275122798067713
Will Browning have time to get this guy the ball down the field today? Looking forward to seeing him vs a disciplined defense
Got to get rid of Torrey Smith first need Wrs who are hungry and not just collecting a pay check
Originally posted by Jcool:
Eric Galko ‏@OptimumScouting
#Washington's John Ross may be top WR in '17 Draft. Special deep threat. Best comp might be Odell Beckham
http://thesportsdaily.com/optimum-scouting/2017-nfl-draft-peach-bowl-scouting-preview-led-by-alabamas-defensive-front-seven-and-washingtons-john-ross/ … #PeachBowl

https://twitter.com/OptimumScouting/status/815275122798067713

haha I said it first. look few posts back I said obj
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone