49ers vs. Seahawks Tickets Available! →

There are 577 users in the forums

Mitch "Mr Biscuit" Trubisky-QB-North Carolina

Browse 49ers books and videos
Originally posted by jcs:
If we go QB I think he's the guy with the best ability.

Unless you really need a QB to throw to the middle of the field.






More often than not he appears to be guessing when he's throwing across the middle, not seeing defenders in the area, something that is worrying when it comes to the NFL. I saw Dak do the same thing his junior year in college but he showed vast improvement on that specifically his senior season, something I didn't see with Watson this season.
Originally posted by goldstandard:
I don't want anther guy who only reads half the field.


You read what you're asked to read.
Originally posted by jcs:
Of the top 3 he's the most accomplished. Of the three he's won more games, bigger games. Of the three he's produced better and has been more dominate. He'll probably kill it at his pro day/combine with regards to measurables.

Tee Martin did what Peyton Manning couldn't at Tennessee and that is win a national championship. There's a limit to what a guy has done in college when you're looking at what he can do at the NFL level. Watson by a long mile has played with the best NFL-level talent of the other QBs which is a huge advantage.

My questions are largely about his awareness, where he has a tendency to really lock on to receivers and become situationally blind to everything else going on around him, how well is he actually seeing the field, especially coming out of an offense with half field reads along with his size and a few other things.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Romo's hands are actually closer to 10 inches.


There is an inaccurate article out there which claimed his hand size was 8 and 3/4" and a bunch of others piggy-backed on to it when he actually measured out to 9 5/8" at the Combine.


https://web.archive.org/web/20030625064653/http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/romo_tony

Interesting - just read that at his pro day, Romo's hands were measured at 9 3/8" so now I have no clue what his real hand size is, but it's likely bigger than 8 7/8". Trubisky's hand size may be less of an issue then - we'll find out at the combine. Definitely not an issue for Watson or Kizer whose hands should be closer to 10".
Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by goldstandard:
I don't want anther guy who only reads half the field.


You read what you're asked to read.

If he's capable, what's the benefit of only having him only read half the field? Unless he's not capable you're essentially cutting out half your options.
Originally posted by goldstandard:
If he's capable, what's the benefit of only having him only read half the field? Unless he's not capable you're essentially cutting out half your options.

Most spread offenses in college only demand half field reads. Its a way to speed things up where the QB can quickly fly through their progressions and largely emphasizes pre-snap reads.


A big key for Watson is going to be his interviews and whiteboard work with teams especially.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Dec 26, 2016 at 8:37 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by goldstandard:
If he's capable, what's the benefit of only having him only read half the field? Unless he's not capable you're essentially cutting out half your options.

Most spread offenses in college only demand half field reads. Its a way to speed things up where the QB can quickly fly through their progressions and largely emphasizes pre-snap reads.


A big key for Watson is going to be his interviews and whiteboard work with teams especially.

The biggest issue I have is his inaccuracy and the fact that he quite often locks onto receivers.
Originally posted by goldstandard:
The biggest issue I have is his inaccuracy and the fact that he quite often locks onto receivers.

I'll admit I've seen him throw behind his receivers or too high from time to time; he has a little Eli-esque, hot-cold in him. However, the dude's completing 69% of his passes. And that's not short stuff; he's also getting 8.5 yards per attempt.

I'd say accuracy isn't really a big issue with him.
Originally posted by NinerSickness:
Originally posted by goldstandard:
The biggest issue I have is his inaccuracy and the fact that he quite often locks onto receivers.

I'll admit I've seen him throw behind his receivers or too high from time to time; he has a little Eli-esque, hot-cold in him. However, the dude's completing 69% of his passes. And that's not short stuff; he's also getting 8.5 yards per attempt.

I'd say accuracy isn't really a big issue with him.

Seems accurate to all levels of the field to me. He gets rid of the ball quickly and throws with zip.
Originally posted by 49ersGiants7:
Originally posted by NinerSickness:
Originally posted by goldstandard:
The biggest issue I have is his inaccuracy and the fact that he quite often locks onto receivers.

I'll admit I've seen him throw behind his receivers or too high from time to time; he has a little Eli-esque, hot-cold in him. However, the dude's completing 69% of his passes. And that's not short stuff; he's also getting 8.5 yards per attempt.

I'd say accuracy isn't really a big issue with him.

Seems accurate to all levels of the field to me. He gets rid of the ball quickly and throws with zip.

Why are you citing Trubisky's stats when I was talking about Watson?
Originally posted by 9er4lyphe:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Sorry if posted already, but I love this video......Money Mitch!!!



I'm pretty sure this video answered a lot of questions, at least for me it did.

Love his channel. I compared this video to the one he did with Watson and what a huge difference. I'll be happy if we either end up with Money Mitch and Garrett

This is great! I think this kid can ball and wouldn't be upset if he was the pick at all
Originally posted by goldstandard:
If he's capable, what's the benefit of only having him only read half the field? Unless he's not capable you're essentially cutting out half your options.

Because that's not how certain spread offenses work my man...and he does read more than half the field and here's a nice little breakdown of him going through progressions

http://insidethepylon.com/pylon-u/teams-ncaa/division-ia-fbs/sec/south-carolina-gamecocks/2016/12/19/one-drive-deshaun-watson/
Member Milestone: This is post number 900 for 9erguy.
I thought this thread was about Mitch, not Deshaun.
His hands don't look small in this pic

Originally posted by goldstandard:
Why are you citing Trubisky's stats when I was talking about Watson?

Oh, sorry; thought you were talking about Mitch.
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone