LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 364 users in the forums

Jumping back into round 2!

Originally posted by wailers15:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by 9moon:
WHY NOT TRADE OUR NEXT YEARS 1ST (2017) FOR THE TITANS TWO SECOND (43 & 45)..

Yeah because we might have a top 5 pick next year that we have to spend on a QB lol...Baalke isn't throwing away future 1st round picks

there is no QB next yr worth a top 5 pick

We don't want to give up a top 5 pick. We may possibly get one too.

And who are you to say that?

I remember how there was no QB this year worth a top 10 pick...how did that go?

Deshaun Watson and Luke Falk are certainly on their way to top 10 drat picks if they continue their play from even last season...let alone improve on that play and there will certainly be someone else who jumps up that people aren't talking about as a first rounder right now similar to what Wentz did.

Next year isn't a Geno Smith/EJ Manuel type QB group.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by genus49:
Luke Falk... at the very best, will be a 2nd rounder..

Since when do you know what you're talking about?

Gotta love people who throw out these guarantees like you know something the rest of us don't.

If Falk has another season like he had this year he's going in the first round and probably in the top 10 because he'll test through the roof.

what you're ignoring is the fact that Falk is running the MIKE LEACH offense, and since when did his "pure stats" QBs (include the ones from Texas Tech) gone HIGH in the NFL??

Yeah because we might have a top 5 pick next year that we have to spend on a QB lol...Baalke isn't throwing away future 1st round picks

Damn didn't know you had a crystal ball

I'm sure you knew Wentz was gonna be the 2nd overall pick in the draft too
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Apr 29, 2016 at 1:11 PM ]
I doubt a move back into the 2nd round is in the cards for SF because the cost would be too high and the reward questionable. What you could see is a move up in the 3rd to secure a guy they think might go before their pick, but that's it.

I actually think they're going to be looking to send some of those 4th rounders to teams hoping to get a 3rd rounder next year because they're not going to be rostering everybody.

Keep in mind Garnett is effectively their 2nd round pick.
[ Edited by bzborow1 on Apr 29, 2016 at 1:17 PM ]
  • dj43
Originally posted by lamontb:
I wouldn't mind Devonta Harris in the 3rd

PFF mock has him as our choice in the 3rd. They call him one of the best sleepers in the draft. Very smooth. Great break on the ball.

MD has him much lower than that.
  • dj43
Originally posted by Pick4Six:
Originally posted by dj43:
I would not be in favor of a jump back into the 2nd. A move up in the 3rd would be more likely, depending on who was there. Packaging a player like Bethea might be an option to reduce the value of picks given up. Just not sure that is the way to go.

We have a pretty solid core of decent-to-good players. Roughly 28-30. We already have two impact players from yesterday. Getting another would be nice but I just don't see any such guys out there.

In the meantime, continue to improve the roster where ever the opportunity presents itself. We are still 12-15 players from a playoff team, IMO.

Yeah Derrick Henry is gonna suck. There's no impact players left.

Why would you trade up for him?
Originally posted by DeHubb:
Why we cant trade Gabbert?? Get a 4th or 5th for him

Originally posted by rapid4:
Originally posted by fan49:
i mean damn, bathea, brooks, pears, devey, patton.... could all be traded for something lol. maybe we still get a 3rd fo0r kaep from someone

A.Davis, Lemonier, Tank. Move any of the inactive/nonproducers as we can to get an actual player.

Where do these fans come from? Must be kids or people who think they pro football but know nothing about football.

1) Trade Gabbert-then who is going to play QB, plus Kaep is no sure thing.
2) Plus more important what makes you think they are going to give up a forth or fifth for any of these players? Because you say so and want it? Buwahahaha...idiots.
3) Get a third round for Kaep? We couldn't even do that with the Broncos because of his salary, some teams wanted to give a forth at the time now it is a dead issue. You think they are going to give a pick for Gab that is the same as Kaep-dream on. Look at what we got Gabbert for. Unless he is coming off a season like Foles when he was at the Eagles-no way.

Bethea is a starter, always good to keep depth and experience. Tank has not panned out yet, but it may be because he was misused. He might break out this year as a situational pass rusher at a light weight. A lesson to those who want to draft a player because of name and don't take into account scheme.

Patton, Devey, and Pears has warranted nothing for teams to want them and give a pick, not even a seventh on draft day. Maybe during TC just b-4 the season and only due to injuries and sudden retirements, like what happened to the niners last season.

The biggest thing is - there is no guarantee that the player you draft, even the first rounders will be any better than what you have of even pan out. Before everyone turned on Tank, Brandon Thomas and Martin, majority of the board here had high hopes and singing there praises, although those who are b***hing about them now won't admit it.

Damn didn't know you had a crystal ball

I'm sure you knew Wentz was gonna be the 2nd overall pick in the draft too

There is no guarantee that the picks for those two #2s are going to be any good. While next year's number one, if it is high and in the top ten, has a better chance of being an impact and pro bowler than picking two #2's.

I swear there are morons who only want to give away picks and players just so they can see the niners pick their draft crush.
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by lamontb:
I wouldn't mind Devonta Harris in the 3rd

PFF mock has him as our choice in the 3rd. They call him one of the best sleepers in the draft. Very smooth. Great break on the ball.

MD has him much lower than that.

CBS has him as a UDFA, I hope he's not the pick in the 3rd...you can get "sleepers" with all those damn 5th and 6th rounders lol

what you're ignoring is the fact that Falk is running the MIKE LEACH offense, and since when did his "pure stats" QBs (include the ones from Texas Tech) gone HIGH in the NFL??

So just because he runs a Mike Leach offense the rest of his skillsets go away? Chip Kelly doesn't exactly run a prototypical NFL offense either.

Goff came from a similar offense and went #1 overall with the Rams giving up a crapload to get him.

If Falk can continue to improve, show NFL teams his ability to make NFL level throws, make proper pre-snap reads, not crumble under pressure then he'll go in the first and possibly top 10 just like Goff.

Connor Cook ran a pro style offense and look what that got him. Whether these guys run a spread offense or not it's about skills which translate to the NFL. Accuracy, good footwork & mechanics, pocket awareness & poise go a long way.

I remember when being a Jeff Tedford coached QB was the stamp of death...then came Aaron Rodgers.

Not all of the players are the same. This kid is rigorous about his approach to the position and hasn't had anything handed to him. I'd put money on him improving his draft position rather than being just another guy.
You really think it'll take 'til seasons end for Buckner and Garnett to start? I'd say they'll be starters from the get-go. Buckner's arguably the most talented DL we have...and Garnett brings some nasty to OG that we really need. Baalke didn't trade back into the 1st rd for Garnett to sit on the bench. That said, I can see Baalke trading into rd 3, to give him 2 picks. It costs less and as others have already said, 3rd rd seems to be Baalke's wheelhouse.
I would give up the rest of our picks to get up to get Jack or Spence. We have enough backups! Jack is going to miss 7 months at sometime within the next 10 seasons. I will take 9 good seasons with him. Baalke has missed on thirds as much as he's hit. Why not take a chance on a potential probowler.
Originally posted by SFBuckeye:
I would give up the rest of our picks to get up to get Jack or Spence. We have enough backups! Jack is going to miss 7 months at sometime within the next 10 seasons. I will take 9 good seasons with him. Baalke has missed on thirds as much as he's hit. Why not take a chance on a potential probowler.

Yeah..we've all seen your mock drafts.

No thanks.
Originally posted by genus49:
Yeah..we've all seen your mock drafts.

No thanks.

Do the math we average 2 productive starters per draft and the rest are backups. If we can get 3 starters out of this draft we should do it. We pickup more backups with our comp picks.
Share 49ersWebzone