Rep the Red & Gold: Shop 49ers Gear →

There are 562 users in the forums

Pick #7 Bosa, Tennessee

Browse 49ers books and videos
Originally posted by walker807:
Feels like there is a good chance Bosa falls to 7 at this point. If that scenario plays out I don't want to try and fit Bosa to our system. Tennessee has draft picks up the wazoo now and could move to 7 by giving up pick 15 and preferably the rams 2017 first or the rams second otherwise. We could still land a Lawson or Stanley type player while adding anew extra high pick while Tennessee gets a guy they were probably looking at while at 1 overall.

I would be happy with either options personally...Bosa IMO is way better as a OLB than Lawson. Dude has a non stop motor and the pedigree to back it up. He would be a a tough SOB to help move this defense into a better place.

Why would you not want him? How does Lawson fit our system but Bosa doesn't just curious?
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by walker807:
Feels like there is a good chance Bosa falls to 7 at this point. If that scenario plays out I don't want to try and fit Bosa to our system. Tennessee has draft picks up the wazoo now and could move to 7 by giving up pick 15 and preferably the rams 2017 first or the rams second otherwise. We could still land a Lawson or Stanley type player while adding anew extra high pick while Tennessee gets a guy they were probably looking at while at 1 overall.

I would be happy with either options personally...Bosa IMO is way better as a OLB than Lawson. Dude has a non stop motor and the pedigree to back it up. He would be a a tough SOB to help move this defense into a better place.

Why would you not want him? How does Lawson fit our system but Bosa doesn't just curious?

I feel that Bosa is a perfect 4-3 end. Plays with his hand in the ground and works downhill. I feel that Lawson beings more value at 15. He has experience standing up and would be a better all around 3-4 OLB. I think he will be really good setting the edge against the run. I see Lawson as a better Ahmad Brooks type.
Originally posted by walker807:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by walker807:
Feels like there is a good chance Bosa falls to 7 at this point. If that scenario plays out I don't want to try and fit Bosa to our system. Tennessee has draft picks up the wazoo now and could move to 7 by giving up pick 15 and preferably the rams 2017 first or the rams second otherwise. We could still land a Lawson or Stanley type player while adding anew extra high pick while Tennessee gets a guy they were probably looking at while at 1 overall.

I would be happy with either options personally...Bosa IMO is way better as a OLB than Lawson. Dude has a non stop motor and the pedigree to back it up. He would be a a tough SOB to help move this defense into a better place.

Why would you not want him? How does Lawson fit our system but Bosa doesn't just curious?

I feel that Bosa is a perfect 4-3 end. Plays with his hand in the ground and works downhill. I feel that Lawson beings more value at 15. He has experience standing up and would be a better all around 3-4 OLB. I think he will be really good setting the edge against the run. I see Lawson as a better Ahmad Brooks type.

There's no reason he can't play standing up and he can move down on the line in nickle much like we did with Aldon Smith who was a 4-3 DE coming out of college.

So you think Lawson can be a better OLB based on standing up a handful of times? The see more bend around the edge/quickness with Bosa over Lawson for sure. He's got longer arms faster 3-cone 2nd fastest 20 time and his motor isn't a question at all (we need that in Chip's offense).



2:50 watch Bosa in coverage...this kid can do it all and if asked to be a 3-4 OLB would have no issues.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by walker807:
Feels like there is a good chance Bosa falls to 7 at this point. If that scenario plays out I don't want to try and fit Bosa to our system. Tennessee has draft picks up the wazoo now and could move to 7 by giving up pick 15 and preferably the rams 2017 first or the rams second otherwise. We could still land a Lawson or Stanley type player while adding anew extra high pick while Tennessee gets a guy they were probably looking at while at 1 overall.

I would be happy with either options personally...Bosa IMO is way better as a OLB than Lawson. Dude has a non stop motor and the pedigree to back it up. He would be a a tough SOB to help move this defense into a better place.

Why would you not want him? How does Lawson fit our system but Bosa doesn't just curious?

yep...Lawson and Bosa are both questionable to fit into a 3-4 defense. id choose Bosa though. Way too good to pass up
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by walker807:
Feels like there is a good chance Bosa falls to 7 at this point. If that scenario plays out I don't want to try and fit Bosa to our system. Tennessee has draft picks up the wazoo now and could move to 7 by giving up pick 15 and preferably the rams 2017 first or the rams second otherwise. We could still land a Lawson or Stanley type player while adding anew extra high pick while Tennessee gets a guy they were probably looking at while at 1 overall.

I would be happy with either options personally...Bosa IMO is way better as a OLB than Lawson. Dude has a non stop motor and the pedigree to back it up. He would be a a tough SOB to help move this defense into a better place.

Why would you not want him? How does Lawson fit our system but Bosa doesn't just curious?

yep...Lawson and Bosa are both questionable to fit into a 3-4 defense. id choose Bosa though. Way too good to pass up

IMO most of our OLB that have produced were DEs in college...Shaq just doesn't have the length, I wouldn't hate it in a trade down but if bosa is sitting there no way you pass him up.

If someone like Stanley is sitting there at 7 and bosa, buckner, and jack are gone then I'd trade down with the Titans for sure.
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by walker807:
Feels like there is a good chance Bosa falls to 7 at this point. If that scenario plays out I don't want to try and fit Bosa to our system. Tennessee has draft picks up the wazoo now and could move to 7 by giving up pick 15 and preferably the rams 2017 first or the rams second otherwise. We could still land a Lawson or Stanley type player while adding anew extra high pick while Tennessee gets a guy they were probably looking at while at 1 overall.

I would be happy with either options personally...Bosa IMO is way better as a OLB than Lawson. Dude has a non stop motor and the pedigree to back it up. He would be a a tough SOB to help move this defense into a better place.

Why would you not want him? How does Lawson fit our system but Bosa doesn't just curious?

yep...Lawson and Bosa are both questionable to fit into a 3-4 defense. id choose Bosa though. Way too good to pass up

ya i don't follow the logic that "he doesn't fit our system" - isn't a player of high enough caliber worth the pain of integrating?
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
  • Posts: 133,138
Originally posted by judodono:
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by walker807:
Feels like there is a good chance Bosa falls to 7 at this point. If that scenario plays out I don't want to try and fit Bosa to our system. Tennessee has draft picks up the wazoo now and could move to 7 by giving up pick 15 and preferably the rams 2017 first or the rams second otherwise. We could still land a Lawson or Stanley type player while adding anew extra high pick while Tennessee gets a guy they were probably looking at while at 1 overall.

I would be happy with either options personally...Bosa IMO is way better as a OLB than Lawson. Dude has a non stop motor and the pedigree to back it up. He would be a a tough SOB to help move this defense into a better place.

Why would you not want him? How does Lawson fit our system but Bosa doesn't just curious?

yep...Lawson and Bosa are both questionable to fit into a 3-4 defense. id choose Bosa though. Way too good to pass up

ya i don't follow the logic that "he doesn't fit our system" - isn't a player of high enough caliber worth the pain of integrating?

If given time to learn being an NFL caliber OLB in the 3-4 he could be really good. I don't expect him to come in and start for a 3-4 team. He would prob push for a starting spot on a 4-3 team as a DE. Just because it's easier.
Originally posted by SoCold:
If given time to learn being an NFL caliber OLB in the 3-4 he could be really good. I don't expect him to come in and start for a 3-4 team. He would prob push for a starting spot on a 4-3 team as a DE. Just because it's easier.

I have no problem having him pull a Aldon Smith his first year. I'd rather draft him then trade down but what the hell do I know lol.

I have a feeling this is gonna be a wild draft for us
This kid can fit into any system!

He was being touted as a possible #1 overall not to long ago. I would take him in a heart beat!
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
  • Posts: 133,138


Straight rushed the QB 95% of the time. Jumped off sides 3 times. Missed a few tackles and couple sacks. Got a couple tackles. Dropped into coverage once. Looked pretty gassed in the 4th quarter.
[ Edited by SoCold on Apr 18, 2016 at 12:04 PM ]
Originally posted by SoCold:


Straight rushed the QB 95% of the time. Jumped off sides 3 times. Missed a few tackles and couple sacks. Got a couple tackles. Dropped into coverage once. Looked pretty gasses in the 4th quarter.

Lol thanks man...I'm sure I can find tape of all these defensive prospects missing tackles and being gassed.

Dude was doubled and even tripled this past season id expect him to be tired a little.

You got any tape of Aldon smith in coverage while in college
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
  • Posts: 133,138
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by SoCold:


Straight rushed the QB 95% of the time. Jumped off sides 3 times. Missed a few tackles and couple sacks. Got a couple tackles. Dropped into coverage once. Looked pretty gasses in the 4th quarter.

Lol thanks man...I'm sure I can find tape of all these defensive prospects missing tackles and being gassed.

Dude was doubled and even tripled this past season id expect him to be tired a little.

You got any tape of Aldon smith in coverage while in college

I'm not saying he can't do it. I'm saying he rarely did it in college. It will be harder for him to be a good 3-4 OLB than it will be for him to come in and be a good 4-3 DE. That's all.
Bosa wil be #1
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by SoCold:
If given time to learn being an NFL caliber OLB in the 3-4 he could be really good. I don't expect him to come in and start for a 3-4 team. He would prob push for a starting spot on a 4-3 team as a DE. Just because it's easier.

I have no problem having him pull a Aldon Smith his first year. I'd rather draft him then trade down but what the hell do I know lol.

I have a feeling this is gonna be a wild draft for us

Agree and it can'rt get here soon enough!
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone