LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 300 users in the forums

2017 QB draft class

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:
http://blogs.ourlads.com/2016/03/02/quarterback-ball-velocity-at-nfl-combine-2008-2015/

Every QB measured at the combine since 2008.

It should worry any Watson supporter that Yi won't find any successful qb in his mph range. Not even one . Definitely makes me wonder.

Blake Sims-42

Good Lord man, pretty sure I could throw harder than that.

Kirk Cousins 59 mph with ~68% NFL accuracy.

[ Edited by Lobo49er on Mar 10, 2017 at 5:17 PM ]
Originally posted by Lobo49er:
Kirk Cousins 59 mph with ~68% NFL accuracy.

Yea it's not even fair to compare Peterman to him anymore. Cousins is the f**kin man
Yea it's not even fair to compare Peterman to him anymore. Cousins is the f**kin man

Connor Cook hit 50....I dont buy that velocity was ever his issue as much as throwing in the same zipcode as his receivers.
Connor Cook hit 50....I dont buy that velocity was ever his issue as much as throwing in the same zipcode as his receivers.

Haha yea who knows. Might have to go watch some cook tape again

Moreso giving props to cousins than s**tting on Peterman. Doesn't seem right to throw 6mph less than a guy and be compared to him. I was making that comparison but gotta rethink it.

Moreso giving props to cousins than s**tting on Peterman. Doesn't seem right to throw 6mph less than a guy and be compared to him. I was making that comparison but gotta rethink it.

I think the comparison is in style of play. The guy who recruited Cousins to Michigan State was one of the first to compare Peterman to him.
http://blogs.ourlads.com/2016/03/02/quarterback-ball-velocity-at-nfl-combine-2008-2015/

It should worry any Watson supporter that you won't find any successful qb in his mph range. Not even one . Definitely makes me wonder.

Edit : besides tyrod, but people love to hate on him anyways

Would be very curious what Brady's number was. Let's not forget there have been plenty QBs before 2008. I have a feeeling there have been plenty successful guys throwing at that level pre 2008.
Originally posted by genus49:
Would be very curious what Brady's number was. Let's not forget there have been plenty QBs before 2008. I have a feeeling there have been plenty successful guys throwing at that level pre 2008.

The official records only go back to 2008.

The official records only go back to 2008.

I say barely in the 50s. He never had a cannon. But damn he knew where to throw the ball.

I think the comparison is in style of play. The guy who recruited Cousins to Michigan State was one of the first to compare Peterman to him.

Deshaun Watsons coach said passing on him would be like passing on MJ. Coaches and recruiters are gonna talk up their guys always.
Deshaun Watsons coach said passing on him would be like passing on MJ. Coaches and recruiters are gonna talk up their guys always.

Well in this case I can see the love. One of the best college players ever. But the big question is can he translate to the NFL.

It should worry any Watson supporter that you won't find any successful qb in his mph range. Not even one . Definitely makes me wonder.

Edit : besides tyrod, but people love to hate on him anyways

I'd guess he's got good speed. Probably mid 50s. Doesn't have that insane arm but he can zip that ball in to the tightest windows and he could bomb it if needed.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
I say barely in the 50s. He never had a cannon. But damn he knew where to throw the ball.

Have you ever seen in under throw balls like Ponders incidents?

Exactly.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jcool:

I haven't really looked at him, but I doubt he is drafted. One year starter, 54% of passes completed with 2:1 TD:INT ratio. Only 6'1.
Share 49ersWebzone