LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 248 users in the forums

2017 QB draft class

Originally posted by genus49:
What exactly does that mean?

Not a whole lot. Basically
Player X has similar physical size and had similar Combine numbers as Players T, M, N and S.

The RB comparisons seem equally goofy. Some if them dont make sense like Marcus Lattimore who didnt even workout at the Combine being closely similar to Fournette.

https://m.facebook.com/AdamSchefter/posts/1425278670858103
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Mar 6, 2017 at 6:12 AM ]
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jcool:

Watson and Peterman with the noodle arm.

Man with Peterman, he just seems like another Colt McCoy to me.
Montel Hardy‏ @MontelNFL

Mahomes' combine ball velocity ties Logan Thomas' and both are the highest recorded since they've started measuring velocity at the combine.

Ludicrous for anyone to question Watson's arm lol. Gtfo with that garbage random metric.
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
Watson and Peterman with the noodle arm.

Man with Peterman, he just seems like another Colt McCoy to me.

Meh. Its an interesting stat to consider but not a guarantee of anything. Logan Thomas had the best arm of anyone, he was garbage.

Tyrod Taylor had a velocity of 50 mph. One of the better deep passers in football.

Dak Prescott last year had a 54,,his arm looked just fine this past season.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Mar 10, 2017 at 4:02 PM ]
Originally posted by Jcool:

lol really? watson looks like he has plenty of arm.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Meh. Its an interesting stat to consider but not a guarantee of anything. Logan Thomas had the best arm of anyone, he was garbage.

Tyrod Taylor had a velocity of 50 mph. One of the better deep passers in football.

Dak Prescott last year had a 54,,his arm looked just fine this past season.

If I remember well Prescott had a problem on the shoulder and a 54 isn't so bad. Tyrod really had a slow ball but he is far closer from an exception than the rule since he is the only good player with less than 54(and maybe Mike Glennon if you see him as a good QB).
Originally posted by joaosoarrs99:
If I remember well Prescott had a problem on the shoulder and a 54 isn't so bad. Tyrod really had a slow ball but he is far closer from an exception than the rule since he is the only good player with less than 54(and maybe Mike Glennon if you see him as a good QB).

The thing is most of the QBs who throw, high or low velocity suck. I looked at the lists going back to 2006 and the top QBs almost never throw at the Combine so there isnt much in the way of comparison.
I thought Watson would have been ~55, but otherwise those numbers look right in terms of arm strength

• jcs
  • Veteran
Meh-

Had plenty of velocity on his passes during the position drills.
Originally posted by jcs:
Meh-

Had plenty of velocity on his passes during the position drills.

Just the same I imagine teams will want to get their own measurements when they work him out.
http://blogs.ourlads.com/2016/03/02/quarterback-ball-velocity-at-nfl-combine-2008-2015/

Every QB measured at the combine since 2008.

It should worry any Watson supporter that you won't find any successful qb in his mph range. Not even one . Definitely makes me wonder.

Edit : besides tyrod, but people love to hate on him anyways
[ Edited by GhostOfBaalke on Mar 10, 2017 at 5:12 PM ]
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:
http://blogs.ourlads.com/2016/03/02/quarterback-ball-velocity-at-nfl-combine-2008-2015/

Every QB measured at the combine since 2008.

It should worry any Watson supporter that Yi won't find any successful qb in his mph range. Not even one . Definitely makes me wonder.

Blake Sims-42

Good Lord man, pretty sure I could throw harder than that.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Blake Sims-42

Good Lord man, pretty sure I could throw harder than that.

Haha seriously
Share 49ersWebzone