There are 220 users in the forums

Roberto Aguayo

What are your guys thoughts on Aguayo? I love Dawson, but he is over 40 and makes quite a bit of money. Aguayo is one of the greatest college kickers of all time. What round do you think Baalke would consider him? We could have a stud kicker for the next decade.
6th to UDFA. We don't need to draft a kicker high.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
he's been part of my DRAFT PLAN since we lost to the Steelers in week 4 if I remember..

I had him being drafted by us as early as late 2nd or early 3rd..
Originally posted by 9moon:
he's been part of my DRAFT PLAN since we lost to the Steelers in week 4 if I remember..

I had him being drafted by us as early as late 2nd or early 3rd..

Best kicker prospect in years. He could probably go in the 2nd in all honesty. Just don't see the Niners going that route with way more needs.
[ Edited by Mdizzle27 on Feb 29, 2016 at 12:37 PM ]
Baalke took Pinion in the 5th last year so I'd think he would have to consider one of the greatest college football kickers of all time with that 4th round comp pick

He has a 3rd round projection but I'd be shocked if he went that early. If he is around in the back end of the 5th, I'd have zero issues if drafting him. Hell, as long as we add a pass rusher or two, Dline help, Oline help, ILB and a WR, I have no issues drafting him anywhere after that
[ Edited by Sims19849ers on Feb 29, 2016 at 1:04 PM ]
Want. I have no problem dropping a late 2nd on the guy.
A 2nd? Give me a break.
Originally posted by English:
A 2nd? Give me a break.

Remember when everyone trashed Oakland for taking Janikowski w/ the 17th pick? Well, it turns out that was one of the best picks in the first round. In fact, if I could do it over again, I'd take Janikowski over Julian Peterson.

A great, HOF-caliber kicker for almost 20 years > a pro-bowl LB who fades out after 8. Do you realize how many games are decided by kickers?

This guy is a must-have.
[ Edited by NinerSickness on Feb 29, 2016 at 1:05 PM ]
Originally posted by NinerSickness:
Remember when everyone trashed Oakland for taking Janikowski w/ the 17th pick? Well, it turns out that was one of the best picks in the first round. In fact, if I could do it over again, I'd take Janikowski over Julian Peterson.

A great, HOF-caliber kicker for almost 20 years > a pro-bowl LB who fades out after 8. Do you realize how many games are decided by kickers?

This guy is a must-have.

How many teams have had perfectly fine kickers over that 20 year period? Do you think New England regrets not dropping a 1st round pick on a kicker over the course of that time.

Give me a guy who can help score TDs in the 2nd round over a guy who kicks FGs.

We have to many issues to be dropping a 2nd round pick on a kicker lol
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
How many teams have had perfectly fine kickers over that 20 year period?

How many have had GREAT Kickers over that same time period? Not many.

The leading scorer on almost every team is the kicker. Extra points have even been moved back. A kicker is EXTREMELY important.
Originally posted by English:
A 2nd? Give me a break.

This guy is a must-have.

Hell he's been one of their best 1st round picks, ever
How many have had GREAT Kickers over that same time period? Not many.

The leading scorer on almost every team is the kicker. Extra points have even been moved back. A kicker is EXTREMELY important.

Compare Janikowksi and Adam Vinatieri over their careers. One was a free agent, one was a 1st round pick and Vinatieri has been more accurate. Look at Josh Brown who has bounced around the NFL but has almost the same career average as Janikowski.

Justin Tucker who was a UDFA signing by Baltimore and is hitting almost 88% of his FGs.

I dont think there is anyway to really justify dropping a 1st rounder on a player that will see few snaps per game.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Compare Janikowksi and Adam Vinatieri over their careers. One was a free agent, one was a 1st round pick and Vinatieri has been more accurate. Look at Josh Brown who has bounced around the NFL but has almost the same career average as Janikowski.

But you're typically not going to get an Adam Vinatieri from going after an UDFA kicker.

What you're saying is like saying, "Compare Phillip Rivers to Kurt Warner. One was the 4th pick overall'; the other was an UDFA. CLEARLY you get better bang for yer buck if you go after the UDFA."

If the Niners had a better kicker in SB 47, they'd have a 6th trophy.
[ Edited by NinerSickness on Feb 29, 2016 at 1:37 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone