LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 344 users in the forums

Chip Kelly's Mock V.1.0

Originally posted by ChipKelly:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Like I said Oselmele is gonna want LT money because that's what he played a lot of this year and he did a good job. He's not gonna come over here getting OG money.

If Davis comes back he's a RT not a RG plus we have Brown as a tackle who didn't look bad at all. I'm not saying I don't like the emphasis on strengthening the OL (which you did) but we should be focusing on OGs not OTs.

I'd prefer to grab Alex mack in FA and move Kilgore to OG....focus on Jack, Buckner, or Treadwell with first pick also I'd draft a OG in the 3rd like Treola, Garnett, or Alexander.

Staley/Thomas, Kilgore/rookie, Mack/Martin, Tiller/rookie, Davis/Brown is a solid group IMO.

Good way to attack the problem as well. Personally if we have a chance to bring in a young talent like Stanley to solidify the OT postion for years to come I would prefer that over Brown (unproven) Davis (unreliable).

I wouldn't hate bringing in Stanley at all, but Davis is only 25 and as basically stated on twitter many times he's coming back (and they would know before the draft anyway). I don't see the point in giving someone like Brown less snaps after showing he can hang in the big leagues either...we just have way too many other positions that are wide open IMO.
Good mock! If they add FA help for the OL I don't see them using a first round pick at OT, especially as there are some really good OTs that will be available in the second round.

Seems likely that they try to add an impact player in the first round--Treadwell, Jack or Buckner would be my guess...someone who could start right away. Stanley would probably be behind Brown, Staley and Davis at this point.
What's the point of drafting a fullback? We already a good one, and he's in jeopardy of being discarded because Chip doesn't use fullbacks.
Share 49ersWebzone