There are 276 users in the forums

QB Carson Wentz NDSU 6'5 225 Lbs

Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by NikeSBHead:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Wentz throws a real pretty brady-esque ball. And is dead accurate too... Wouldn't mind him at 7 tbph

From what i have seen i wouldn't use that to describe him.

Damn who they played, high school teams?

All his throws in that highlight were one read, can even judge that he scans the field cause of that sorry teams they were playing
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Feb 22, 2016 at 10:22 PM ]
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

All his throws in that highlight were one read, can even judge that he scans the field cause of that sorry teams they were playing

I only watched the first minute of that highlight video, and only took 45 seconds into the video at :45 to see him clearly going through through multiple reads....
[ Edited by Heroism on Feb 22, 2016 at 10:50 PM ]
Originally posted by 49ERFANb4Uwas:
Wait.. i thought you said in another thread that you weren't high on Carson? This was right after i mentioned him as a prospect we must draft if available

Yeah I've been watching more and I like the kid...he's not my #1 at 7 that's for sure but I would draft him over Stanley and treadwell.
Originally posted by Heroism:

I only watched the first minute of that highlight video, and only took 45 seconds into the video at :45 to see him clearly going through through multiple reads....
lol..not even close

lol..not even close

Heres another highlight tape and he's going through reads

lol..not even close

Heres another highlight tape and he's going through reads

nothing there where he has to look at the other side of the field. not saying he can't but the level of competition isn't that great where he needs to look to the other side.
Unfortunately for you, somebody actually broke down that exact play at :45. You can CLEARLY see him go from his frontside to his backside progressions.

Watch that video and maybe you'll learn something since it's obvious you have no clue what you're seeing.
Unfortunately for you, somebody actually broke down that exact play at :45. You can CLEARLY see him go from his frontside to his backside progressions.

Watch that video and maybe you'll learn something since it's obvious you have no clue what you're seeing.

awesome breakdown!

Learn what ?, that your trying to count in a read on his back drop ? (no way he going to throw to the TE at all on that play)

He knew where he was going. Like all the highlights..they are fast with getting the ball out quick.i was hoping to see where the guys he wants to go to are not open has has to look else where.
Ben Albright

Pre-combine buzz: "May only be one QB taken top ten (Wentz), I wouldn't say Cleveland is the team that necessarily takes him as assumed."

Phil Savage ( Senior Bowl Head Honcho ) said Wentz conducted himself like a leader in the senior bowl. Said he didn't force himself to be a leader but did it naturally. Considering he's a small school prospect and was playing with the nations best I'd say that's a nod in the right direction.
Former NFL scout Matt Williamson, currently of Dynasty Blueprint, passes along that he's heard that "we shouldn't be surprised" when North Dakota State QB Carson Wentz "puts up Luck/Newton type Combine numbers."

We won't have to wait long to see if Williamson's sources are right. They very well may be. The 6-foot-6, 231-pound Bison is a toolshed of a prospect, boasting a legitimate howitzer for an arm and shocking athleticism for a human of those dimensions. If he rips up the Combine, Wentz may become the favorite to go No. 2 to the Browns (if he isn't already).
Former NFL scout Matt Williamson, currently of Dynasty Blueprint, passes along that he's heard that "we shouldn't be surprised" when North Dakota State QB Carson Wentz "puts up Luck/Newton type Combine numbers."

We won't have to wait long to see if Williamson's sources are right. They very well may be. The 6-foot-6, 231-pound Bison is a toolshed of a prospect, boasting a legitimate howitzer for an arm and shocking athleticism for a human of those dimensions. If he rips up the Combine, Wentz may become the favorite to go No. 2 to the Browns (if he isn't already).

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Although I've wanted Buckner for a while now, if Chip thinks he can turn Wentz/Goff/Lynch into a top QB then that has to be the pick
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Lol haven't seen that GIF in while
Share 49ersWebzone