LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 349 users in the forums

Who do you want with the 2nd pick?

Who do you want with the 2nd pick?

Originally posted by dhp318:
Please no problem children. We just lost Borland and Willis and Justin Smith/Boldin are on their way out. We desperately need both talent and some semblance of future leadership.

Originally posted by NYniner85:
I like all three WRs. Smith plays bigger than his size. He's a play maker man...he scored a TD every 2.5 times he touched a football.

DGB has the biggest upside of all three, but the bust potential is huge. I think he slips the furthest of the 3

Strong is the safest pick of all three...next Boldin.

That said I think we will have to move up to have a chance to grab one....not sure baalke does it.

I agree, we will need to move up to get one of the remaining quality WR's. What are your thoughts on Ty Montgomery from Stanford? Could we get him in the 4th or 5th round?
Originally posted by Truman49:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I like all three WRs. Smith plays bigger than his size. He's a play maker man...he scored a TD every 2.5 times he touched a football.

DGB has the biggest upside of all three, but the bust potential is huge. I think he slips the furthest of the 3

Strong is the safest pick of all three...next Boldin.

That said I think we will have to move up to have a chance to grab one....not sure baalke does it.

I agree, we will need to move up to get one of the remaining quality WR's. What are your thoughts on Ty Montgomery from Stanford? Could we get him in the 4th or 5th round?

Well I might be bias because I don't want to spend a 4th or later on a WR, I prefer not to draft a WR if we wait that long. Ty seems more like a RB to me...he lacks a lot in the WR department. bad-routes, poor hands, not a lot of flexibility, just lacks those WR characteristics...think of a worse Cordarrelle Patterson.

If we have to wait that long (really hope not) Conley, Diggs, or Lockett would be my pick in the 3rd...love lockett

Check out this tape/article of Tyler Lockett http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2348809-tyler-lockett-could-be-the-2015-nfl-drafts-antonio-brown
[ Edited by NYniner85 on May 1, 2015 at 8:53 AM ]
I'm hoping for a WR.

My heart wants DGB - badly

BUTTT my brain says someone else.

maybe Strong.

Personally, I was a VERY fast guy.
If we draft a WR in second or third round, we need a big one. A red zone threat, like DGB, Strong or Funchess.

Please not a guy like Smith or Lockett.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
My favorites for the 2nd round:

1. Eddie Goldman
2. Carl Davis
3. Denzel Perryman
4. Duke Johnson
5. Jalen Collins
6. Jaelen Strong
[ Edited by Kolohe on May 1, 2015 at 9:43 AM ]
I'd rank that list as Strong.DGB........Kendricks. Don't want to deal with either Collins' problems, same with gregory at least in the 2nd round, jake fisher would be great if we need a tackle now but a 3rd tackle in the 2nd round... nah, plus he wouldnt fit the mold of moving to LG either.. would have to move him to RT and Davis to G. Eli Harold I don't know anything about so can't comment.

Devin Smith should have been an option as well but most like DGB better. Other options: Ron Darby, Eddie Goldman, Eric Rowe, Maxx Williams, Tevin Coleman, Quinten Rollins

Baalke probably likes our CB group and he is great at finding mid to late round cb's so i'll take them out of the equation. RB seems unlikely so Coleman or Johnson probably not, maybe in the 3rd or 4th we go rb. I don't see us going Maxx Williams or TE unless Vernon is traded. Carrier got extended, McDonald could be replaced after this year but probably not before. Don't see us going NT in round 2 after DE in round 1 so Goldman is probably out. So I think Strong, DGB, Devin Smith or one of the ILB make the most sense.

Side note I guess one of the wz crushes Anderson is probably out now. I forgot about Funchess, might be a good guy to get in the 2nd and at worst you turn him into a TE after failing at wr. Also, Sammie Coates might be better suited in the 3rd but could reach for him. Although, I feel better with the Steelers offense getting the most out of a prospect like him than our offense. Same with Devin Smith.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on May 1, 2015 at 9:55 AM ]
Originally posted by Kolohe:

1. Eddie Goldman
2. Carl Davis
3. Denzel Perryman
4. Duke Johnson
5. Jalen Collins
6. Jaelen Strong

Goldman is one of my crushes this year.

Carl Davis would be awesome

And adding the Duke would be very good.
Originally posted by Brooklyn9er:
If Randy Gregory is on the board, you take him and hope Aldon would lead him straight

Win with Class
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I say DGB or Strong.

I like Gregory, DGB, and for my shocker Perryman the small agressive ILB from Miami!
Originally posted by Kolohe:

1. Eddie Goldman
2. Carl Davis
3. Denzel Perryman
4. Duke Johnson
5. Jalen Collins
6. Jaelen Strong

I'm with you here, I just think the kid can play!
[ Edited by glorydayz on May 1, 2015 at 10:07 AM ]
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
my thoughts in round 2.. players we should consider..

WR - BECKHAM; STRONG

CB - ROLLINS; COLLINS

DL - GREGORY; DAVIS

LB - McKINNEY
I hope DGB, jaelen strong, devin smith, randy gregory, or kendricks
we don't need another WR at this point but DGB would be a welcome addition.. we may need to trade up to get him.. but we have so many picks.. i think CB and pass rusher is bigger priority...
Share 49ersWebzone