LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 355 users in the forums

Who do you want with the 2nd pick?

Who do you want with the 2nd pick?

DGB Yeah you know me

And Borland was a f**king choir boy and look where that led us. Take a chance on a huge talent in round 2.
[ Edited by Youngone on May 1, 2015 at 7:44 AM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I like all three WRs. Smith plays bigger than his size. He's a play maker man...he scored a TD every 2.5 times he touched a football.

DGB has the biggest upside of all three, but the bust potential is huge. I think he slips the furthest of the 3

Strong is the safest pick of all three...next Boldin.

That said I think we will have to move up to have a chance to grab one....not sure baalke does it.

I think he will and I think that's why he traded down to pick up the extra 4th to move up this rd to get his guy. This is why he was all chipper at the presser. We moving up tonight and I hope it is for Devin Smith. I wanted Desean Jackson last year but I felt we held out to try and extend Crabtree. That backfired. Time to make amends now. Torrey and Devin will open up things for the run and pass and Kap like another poster said. Devin can make a huge impact here on speed alone!
Originally posted by dhp318:
Please no problem children. We just lost Borland and Willis and Justin Smith/Boldin are on their way out. We desperately need both talent and some semblance of future leadership.

huh? Borland was talked about as a football player with no off-field issues. Aldon Smith didn't have any problems coming into the league.

Bowman had red-flags and dropped because of it, he turned out fine lol
I hope DGB, jaelen strong, devin smith, randy gregory, or kendricks
DGB but idk if he still will be on the board when we picked.

I swear i don't know if i can take another dissapointment today if he falls to us in the 2nd n he still gets by passed i will be one PO'd Niner fan.

Originally posted by daragon:
I just don't understand how anyone could like Devis Smith over DGB for our offense. Haha. We need size, not another small WR. We have Torrey Smith, Bruce Ellington, and Quiton Patton already. We need a 6'6" DGB for our redzone offense and to help stretch the field and attack Seattle's bigger secondary. Devin Smith is a small one trick pony.

You don't need bigger receivers to attack a bigger secondary, just another popular falsehood that gets routinely disseminated. If anything, Baalke has made it clear that he likes speed and a lot of it, Devin Smith definitely delivers in that area, just an outstanding all-around deep threat.
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:

I swear i don't know if i can take another dissapointment today if he falls to us in the 2nd n he still gets by passed i will be one PO'd Niner fan.

This is why you don't fall in love with players that your team may have absolutely no intention of drafting.
Kendrick's then Move up and take Funchess
1. GB
2. J Collins
3. Strong
4. Kendricks (only because I think there will still be more ILB value in the 3rd than at WR or CB)
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
This is why you don't fall in love with players that your team may have absolutely no intention of drafting.

Oh good, someone with insider info:

Who else doesn't the team have any intention of drafting?
Who are they targeting ?
[ Edited by PopeyeJonesing on May 1, 2015 at 8:00 AM ]

Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:

I am fan of several players left on the board but DGB is right up there i just hope Baalke doesn't draft a player that we all will scratch our heads n say what is he doing eventually u want your team to take someone u are familiar with or fond of.
Originally posted by PopeyeJonesing:
Oh good, someone with insider info:

Who else doesn't the team have any intention of drafting?
Who are they targeting ?

Notice the phrase "may have no intention of drafting."

Every year people are convinced that the 49ers will HAVE to draft a particular guy if he's on the board when they are drafting, and every year, a whole bunch of people inevitably get disappointed. When you start thinking "there's no way they are going to pass this guy up", you set yourself up for disappointment.

What the team and scouts think of a player is different what fans with their Youtube clips and mock draft website reports think of a player.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on May 1, 2015 at 8:06 AM ]
Originally posted by daragon:
I just don't understand how anyone could like Devis Smith over DGB for our offense. Haha. We need size, not another small WR. We have Torrey Smith, Bruce Ellington, and Quiton Patton already. We need a 6'6" DGB for our redzone offense and to help stretch the field and attack Seattle's bigger secondary. Devin Smith is a small one trick pony.

You don't need bigger receivers to attack a bigger secondary, just another popular falsehood that gets routinely disseminated. If anything, Baalke has made it clear that he likes speed and a lot of it, Devin Smith definitely delivers in that area, just an outstanding all-around deep threat.

He's also stated he likes big and physical too, not saying DGB should be the pick. I do like Lockett in the 3rd as well
Originally posted by NYniner85:
He's also stated he likes big and physical too, not saying DGB should be the pick. I do like Lockett in the 3rd as well

I could see DGB being a possibility, certainly knowing Baalke, anyone that is on the board when they are up is a possibility, but I won't be upset if they pass on any particular single player. Plenty of talent to be had and the folks running the team certainly know where their needs are. Unlike the fans, they aren't just looking at next season, but also the following three or four seasons down the road.
Lots of good players right there who could easily have been 1st rounders, but I'm hoping for a linebacker or I lineman so give me kendricks or lets keep it Oregon and take Fisher.
Share 49ersWebzone