LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 248 users in the forums

Chris Borland?

Tardiff in later rounds..Canadian Mauler!!!!!!
Somebody just please ease my concerns and tell me this guy isn't Scott McKillop Part 2. McKillop was supposed to be a good tackling LB though a little undersized and not the quickest at his position. Does Borland even make this team? I've been really on board with every pick until this one - I mean this was a third round pick with a lot of talent out there left to choose from.
[ Edited by LottDMontanaO on May 9, 2014 at 8:54 PM ]
Borland is a beast. My draft crash. He's a guy with 2nd round talent, capable of be a force at ILB. Love the pick.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
He'll be a ST ace, too.
[ Edited by mayo49 on May 9, 2014 at 8:46 PM ]
Originally posted by toppdogg32:
Wanted Skov,, but i at least got the position right. I like pick, Breeland, Ellington still on board, and other beastly Guards, but dont wanna overdraft OLine I guess.

Skov has severe injury flags, might not even be drafted.
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:
Somebody just please ease my concerns and tell me this guys isn't Scott McKillop Part 2. McKillop was supposed to be a good tackling LB though a little undersized and not the quickest at his position. Does Borland even make this team? I've been really on board with every pick until this one - I mean this was a third round pick with a lot of talent out there left to choose from.

McKillop was a late round pick. Borland was the 2nd highest rated ILB in this entire draft behind Mosley. Tremendous instincts, very polished, pure football player, you'll love him.
Dude is 2nd in NCAA history for forced fumbles...

I love the pick , Martin was brilliant, Hyde is a head scratcher with all the RBs we have, but to get the best RB in the draft at 57....straight cash homie.
Originally posted by eamjr10:
I like this pick, he will be able to help on Special Teams as well.

There were other ILB's they could add later like Skov or Lamin Barrow. We still needed a CB and Gaines and Desir were on the board, We could have added a big road grader like G Gabe Jackson to take over for Iupati next year or start opposite him. We still hadn't taken a WR and we could have gotten Donte Moncreif who many thought would be gone in rd 2.

Borland might still have been there at #94 and if not there were other good ILB's on the board. He looks like a special teams player and depth and the other I mentioned project as very possible future starters as well as depth. Borland is short, slow and on the NFL site is described as having T-REX arms. Can't see him replacing Willis down the line. JMO
Borland is a monster! Look at how he stood up our 2nd round beast Hyde twice! I was a little skeptical at picking an ILB this early but this kid is a stud!
Really excited about this pick. I've read in multiple places that he will be a special teams standout. Makes perfect sense. Will get a lot of time while Bowman is out. When Bowman comes back, Borland will be a situational backup and a special teams stud.

This is a great pick.

This guy reminds me of Carlos Dansby.

What the highlight reel dosent show is how timely this guy is. I don't have the numbers in front of me, but one of the guys on espn said he had some remarkable tackles for loss stat on third and and short.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Vs Carlos Hyde

BOOM!!!
Not a fan of the Borland pick. He's a good player no doubt but would rather have got a different ILB later in the draft.. Got a feeling this is a Harbaugh pick. I do like that he has no disregard for his body tho. He does the dirty work but he's too athletically challenged for my liking. I admit Zach Thomas was a beast back in the day and he does remind me of him. I don't think he is a 3 down linebacker tho.
[ Edited by kronik on May 9, 2014 at 8:42 PM ]

I didn't like the pick at first because I didn't know who he was but after watching his highlights, I realized I knew him just not his name. The guy is a baller and should provide great depth for us and only get better playing with Pat and Bow. Im excited. Kinda guy we put in on the goal, has a nose for the ball and great insticts, looks real old school
Originally posted by MC9BEAT:
There were other ILB's they could add later like Skov or Lamin Barrow. We still needed a CB and Gaines and Desir were on the board, We could have added a big road grader like G Gabe Jackson to take over for Iupati next year or start opposite him. We still hadn't taken a WR and we could have gotten Donte Moncreif who many thought would be gone in rd 2.

Borland might still have been there at #94 and if not there were other good ILB's on the board. He looks like a special teams player and depth and the other I mentioned project as very possible future starters as well as depth. Borland is short, slow and on the NFL site is described as having T-REX arms. Can't see him replacing Willis down the line. JMO

Desir is STILL on the board.
Share 49ersWebzone