There are 259 users in the forums

Carlos Hyde

Originally posted by AUniner:
OTA's, Training Camp & Preseason are going to be INTENSE! RB battle is going to be crazy! OL Battle is going to be mental! DL, ILB, WRs & Secondary are all going to be working so hard.

Iron sharpens Iron! Bring it on!

As long as they don't bring back the nutcracker to injure everyone, OK.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
As long as they don't bring back the nutcracker to injure everyone, OK.

Yeah, but this team is different. They don't play like that. These guys all appear to be instinctual players, smart footballers. The battle will be fierce.
this pick kind of says to me that the niners are still first and foremost a power running team
Originally posted by AUniner:
OTA's, Training Camp & Preseason are going to be INTENSE! RB battle is going to be crazy! OL Battle is going to be mental! DL, ILB, WRs & Secondary are all going to be working so hard.

Iron sharpens Iron! Bring it on!

"Can I come back now guise?"

• buck
  • Veteran
Hyde seems like a good pick.

Originally posted by buck:
Hyde seems like a good pick.

Not according to Lowell Cohn. Dude just said Hyde is nothing more than Ron Dayne. This guy just runs his mouth and wonders why nobody takes him seriously. Ron Dayne? Really? Two completely different type of runners. He may end up being a bust like any draft pick but that comparison is like apples and oranges IMO. He just likes to hear himself talk I guess. It might be time to send ol' Lowell out to pasture.
Originally posted by 602_JamestownAve:
Not according to Lowell Cohn. Dude just said Hyde is nothing more than Ron Dayne. This guy just runs his mouth and wonders why nobody takes him seriously. Ron Dayne? Really? Two completely different type of runners. He may end up being a bust like any draft pick but that comparison is like apples and oranges IMO. He just likes to hear himself talk I guess. It might be time to send ol' Lowell out to pasture.

Cohn sounds like he's butt hurt because the draft didn't play out the way he wanted, comparing Hyde to Dayne is kind of silly.

So, what makes Carlos Hyde so appealing? Size is the first thing to mention, but size in and of itself isn't worth much. Mediocre big backs are a dime a dozen. It's what Hyde can do at roughly 235 pounds that makes him potentially special at the next level. He has quick feet and more burst than you usually see from a tailback his size. This is not the next coming of Ron Dayne. Hyde is a good fundamental runner who can help you as a pass blocker or as a receiver. His style is no-nonsense. You won't see Hyde dancing in the hole. He's a north/south runner who can make you miss and he can knock you over too.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Cohn is a troll
Hyde is a great choice and awfully impressive on film. Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but, what does this say about the 9'ers confidence in Lattimore's rehab? I was sure pulling for the guy and if he comes back all the way, where does that leave the competition at RB? Not enough carries for everybody. It'll be a double-edged sword. Granted, a good problem to have, but a problem nonetheless.
Originally posted by TheRambler:
Absolutely love this guy. Best RB in this draft and will be a stud in the NFL. Very similar to Eddie George.

But I will punch a baby if the Niners draft him in the 2nd.

REPORTED for child abuse
[ Edited by vrabbit on May 13, 2014 at 10:22 AM ]

If not this year, perhaps next year, Lattimore and Hyde will be in the backfield together.
Originally posted by Garcia:
Cohn is a troll

Kind of amazing, isn't it. Both Lowell and Grant seem to be making a living out of trolling Niner fans these days. Lowell has hurt feelings because he probably doesn't think Harbaugh treats him with enough respect and nobody cares anymore about his years with the Chronicle and his supposed great relationship with Walsh. And Grant is just bitter because everyone knows how and why he has any kind of writing job at all. And the bottom line is that Lowell's writing has gotten lazy and repetitive. He's turned into a lazy hack. And Grant was never a good writer to begin with.

And if you've watched any Carlos Hyde runs at all, you have to know that calling him Ron Dayne is the definition of trolling.
Originally posted by crake49:
Originally posted by Garcia:
Cohn is a troll

Kind of amazing, isn't it. Both Lowell and Grant seem to be making a living out of trolling Niner fans these days. Lowell has hurt feelings because he probably doesn't think Harbaugh treats him with enough respect and nobody cares anymore about his years with the Chronicle and his supposed great relationship with Walsh. And Grant is just bitter because everyone knows how and why he has any kind of writing job at all. And the bottom line is that Lowell's writing has gotten lazy and repetitive. He's turned into a lazy hack. And Grant was never a good writer to begin with.

And if you've watched any Carlos Hyde runs at all, you have to know that calling him Ron Dayne is the definition of trolling.

Exactly, The Cohns are a few of very select people worth the night in jail for knocking them out. They have no credibility among anyone knowledgeable with the game and are just a bunch of sandy vaginae at this point in their careers.

Comparing Hyde to Dayne is beyond R-tard, Dayne ran upright at one speed, Hyde hits the hole low and shows great burst, he is laying hits not absorbing them. Their boss needs to get his sh*t together and revoke their journalism card, I havent read their publication since the Fleener rant of the Cohns. Whats that 3 years now?
Phoenix--please stop posting pictures of Singletary...gives me indigestion! Sadly, he was one of my favorite players and now I can't even watch clips of his playing days without getting irritated.
So after watching some games, he might be oen of the best blocking RBs I've seen in college. On the other, I can't help but be concerned that Hyde never runs the ball behind a traditional offense, but rather out of Urban Meyer's gimmick offense. He gets a lot of massive holes, but when those holes are small, he really struggles to quickly hit it hard. I have no doubt he'll see the field with his blocking ability, but I'm not buying into all the hype. There's a reason he fell as far as he did. I hope he proves me wrong.
Share 49ersWebzone