LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 266 users in the forums

Carlos Hyde

Originally posted by mayo49:
Gore is not fast.

True, especially now, but has always been the case more or less. Once the opposing defense locates him, he gets pulled down from behind way too often.
Originally posted by TheRambler:
Absolutely love this guy. Best RB in this draft and will be a stud in the NFL. Very similar to Eddie George.

But I will punch a baby if the Niners draft him in the 2nd.

happy Mother's Day to all those here in the zone...Don't forget to keep your babies the hell away from The Rambler
Originally posted by 49erThrowback:
Originally posted by Kaep14:
From watching YouTube , he reminds me little like Marshawn Lynch

Carlos Hyde falls short of Marshawn Lynch in one particular skill:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3MGMXmRIGM

Lol Marshawn is so ghetto.
People keep talking about how he is our power back in the mold of a Marshawn Lynch, but I don't really see him being all that powerful for 230 pounds. I've watched a bunch of videos on him and his power looks ok in the sense that he'll fall forward, but I don't see him keep his legs churning after contact like Lynch. Lynch will bounce off of guys, break tackles, keeps his legs motoring, and push piles. I don't really see that type of power from Hyde. Someone who has watched a lot of Hyde, correct me if I'm wrong. I don't see tremendous power like a Lynch or A.P. possess, and that's what I really want to see from a top running back in the draft.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
This guy looks like a bonafide stud, prototypical nfl running back prospect

Chris Borland got the best of Hyde
Originally posted by Harbaalke:

Chris Borland got the best of Hyde

Yeah, he got only 70-some yards that day. Only time a team held him under 7 yards per carry all year. OSU had to win by passing the ball.
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
People keep talking about how he is our power back in the mold of a Marshawn Lynch, but I don't really see him being all that powerful for 230 pounds. I've watched a bunch of videos on him and his power looks ok in the sense that he'll fall forward, but I don't see him keep his legs churning after contact like Lynch. Lynch will bounce off of guys, break tackles, keeps his legs motoring, and push piles. I don't really see that type of power from Hyde. Someone who has watched a lot of Hyde, correct me if I'm wrong. I don't see tremendous power like a Lynch or A.P. possess, and that's what I really want to see from a top running back in the draft.

I haven't found a specific post from him, but I have to think MadDog saw a lot of Hyde during his college career.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Best thing for this guy is he'll be running behind the best power running Oline in the game. I'm hoping we see what this guy can do against first stringers without the jumbo package on 3rd and 3's or less.

Fact is he was the best rated RB and he will be playing behind the best rated power running Oline in the NFL. I expect good things.
I've thought Gore was done each of the past four years! Now I almost hope he goes just to see what Hyde and Lattimore can do...feel so guilty!

Frank Gore, Carlos Hyde, Marcus Lattimore, Kendal Hunter, Lamichael James. Hopefully we hang on to all of them, considering this could be Franks last year as a 9er, I would love to have Hyde Lattimore Hunter and James, we can find a use for all of them. I fear we are going to let go of James, which would be a mistake he is the only true speed back we have of the bunch. I love the Hyde pick, as an Ohio State student, I can vouch for his talent. Dudes a beast. Good thing we passed on Roby though because he on the other hand.... very overrated.

Nothing wrong wit that.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran

WTF
Love this pick, we got the best RB in the draft. A big bruiser to pound the rock for years to come. Our RB situation is not as solid as some think. Gore and Hunter's contracts are up after this year. 1 or both are gone. Gore really slowed down last year, especially in the playoffs. LMJ is a crying punk, as good as gone. Lattimore's knee was turned into a pretzel 17 months ago, who knows if he will ever be the same. So in reality Carlos Hyde is our only stable option for the foreseeable future.
OTA's, Training Camp & Preseason are going to be INTENSE! RB battle is going to be crazy! OL Battle is going to be mental! DL, ILB, WRs & Secondary are all going to be working so hard.

Iron sharpens Iron! Bring it on!
Share 49ersWebzone