There are 185 users in the forums

Carlos Hyde

• DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Overkill:
So you guys actually believe RB was a bigger need than any other position at that point? I didn't say it was a retarded waste of a pick, I said it was tough to accept we went RB in the 2nd over any other position.

Who knows. But Hyde was clearly the best player available at that point + a need.
Originally posted by DeUh:
So you guys actually believe RB was a bigger need than any other position at that point? I didn't say it was a retarded waste of a pick, I said it was tough to accept we went RB in the 2nd over any other position.

Who knows. But Hyde was clearly the best player available at that point + a need.

People forget there's no guarantees in the NFL, and LMJ/Hunter/Dixon/Coffee have/had proved to be nothing more than #2 guys who won't completely fill Gore's role. We've been drafting Gore's replacement since the Singletary era, and I think we have two fresh talented backs possibly capable of being such (although I think Hyde is gonna be 'the guy' more than anything).
I really like the pick.

I hope he plays like Mr. Hyde and not Dr. Jekyll
Yeah, Hyde's a beast. You people hating on the pick are idiots and know very little about football.
Originally posted by DontSitOnTheHood:
Yeah, Hyde's a beast. You people hating on the pick are idiots and know very little about football.

Agree man!

Just like Lacey surprised many in Green Bay - Hyde will open lots of eyes and commentators' mouths this season.

• Disp
  • Veteran
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Hunter is not coming back after his contract is up. Depending on how the rest of the offseason goes, he may not even be on the roster come week one this season.

If he was in long term plans we would not have drafted three running backs over the last three years.

You're crazy if you think Hunter might not make the team. Legitimately crazy.

I like the pick and I like Hyde's chances but people who think it was a bad or ill-advised pick are entitled to that opinion. That doesn't make them idiots or ignorant of football. Time to read the rules.
Originally posted by Disp:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Hunter is not coming back after his contract is up. Depending on how the rest of the offseason goes, he may not even be on the roster come week one this season.

If he was in long term plans we would not have drafted three running backs over the last three years.

You're crazy if you think Hunter might not make the team. Legitimately crazy.

Why? I think it is totally possible that Hunter gets traded for a draft pick and our 4 RB's at seasons start are: Gore, Hyde, Lattimore, James. And I know I am not crazy.
[ Edited by Wisconsin49erfan on Jun 24, 2014 at 8:59 PM ]

• xcfan
  • Veteran
aging sets in quickly in a rb near the end. hyde/gore could get very interesting very early.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Bluesbro:

Holy f**k!

Is that dude dead?
Originally posted by DeUh:

He was BPA by far at that point! He had 1,500 rushing yds and missed the first 3 games against 3 cake D's. If you get a chance to grab arguably the best player at their position in the 2nd, why not? Who was there at 57 that was a bigger need for this team?? Could be Gore's last year, Lattimore is unproven and Hunter/LMJ are change of pace backs.
Share 49ersWebzone