LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 247 users in the forums

Carlos Hyde

I don't think his vision or cutting ability is as good as Frank's, not many pro RBs can match Gore in that regard. However, Hyde is a very capable receiver, also does not have breakaway speed but will move those chains time and time again. He is a larger, more powerful RB than Gore is, very fluid runner and has really exceptional balance.

We have had trouble on 3rd and 4th and short, even in our jumbo packages. Hyde solves those issues, does not lose yardage very often. His balance and running style, coupled with the lack of breakaway speed remind me of Lacy in some ways. I think he runs harder than Lacy but Lacy might be a touch faster.
Originally posted by GoldenJoe:
I don't think his vision or cutting ability is as good as Frank's, not many pro RBs can match Gore in that regard. However, Hyde is a very capable receiver, also does not have breakaway speed but will move those chains time and time again. He is a larger, more powerful RB than Gore is, very fluid runner and has really exceptional balance.

We have had trouble on 3rd and 4th and short, even in our jumbo packages. Hyde solves those issues, does not lose yardage very often. His balance and running style, coupled with the lack of breakaway speed remind me of Lacy in some ways. I think he runs harder than Lacy but Lacy might be a touch faster.

This is very crucial, love that he doesn't seem to quit, keeps moving his legs and body forward, very powerful lower base, an excellent pickup.
Carlos isn't fast like gore and lynch, but he does run with power like both and demands that teams tackle him togather. I see him more as a goal line player, and shot yard back and option to catch some passes, and finish the 4th quarter and break defenses. I think Lat is really a special talent he will most likely be the starter after gore leaves, if we keep Lmj he'll be the change of pace back the guy we try and run outside like hunter, and carlos becomes what we wanted Dixon to be like.
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Carlos isn't fast like gore and lynch, but he does run with power like both and demands that teams tackle him togather. I see him more as a goal line player, and shot yard back and option to catch some passes, and finish the 4th quarter and break defenses. I think Lat is really a special talent he will most likely be the starter after gore leaves, if we keep Lmj he'll be the change of pace back the guy we try and run outside like hunter, and carlos becomes what we wanted Dixon to be like.

Once Gore hangs it up Harbaugh will finally have the offense he had at Stanford with the multiple back sets. No disrespect to Gore though.

Gonna be an exciting future.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Once Gore hangs it up Harbaugh will finally have the offense he had at Stanford with the multiple back sets. No disrespect to Gore though.

I'm going to be pretty disappointed if we don't do a much better job of splitting up the carries this year with Gore on the roster. I'm fine with giving Frank more carries than Lattimore, Hyde, Hunter but if he gets like 90% like he always has it will be a shame. We have some fresh, young talented backs that will be our future and we shouldn't waste them on the bench all year running FG into the ground again.
Originally posted by matt49er:
Originally posted by gold49digger:

I'm going to be pretty disappointed if we don't do a much better job of splitting up the carries this year with Gore on the roster. I'm fine with giving Frank more carries than Lattimore, Hyde, Hunter but if he gets like 90% like he always has it will be a shame. We have some fresh, young talented backs that will be our future and we shouldn't waste them on the bench all year running FG into the ground again.

Yeah same here. Gore gets very stubborn about his own carries and he ha been productive so they let him have his carries but if he wants to prolong his career he should tone down the carries and let the young bloods take over.
Great read
http://www.battleredblog.com/2014/2/17/5418546/carlos-hyde-vs-chris-borland-the-best-title-fight-that-nobody-talked
I must admit, although I knew the niners would go for a rb, thought it would in the third at the earliest. However, if you gotta go earlier like the second, why not go for the back that is rated the best by most people and fits your style. The sucker is big at 6' and 230+ pounds. He has good balance and power in the videos that are out there and they say almost ways moves forward and not backwards when taken down.

So I think he will get touches as a short yardage back. However, because of his size I could see him in the same backfield as gore and lattimore where he is a blocker or the ball carrier. I sort of pick your poison. Especially since Miller is coming back from injury. Even after that he could also team with Miller in those jumbo packages.

The clues were there, but most of us fans tend to ignore them for our own delusions. We are a run first team, its gore and hunters last year and LMJ is up in the air, and Baalke once said the days of the bell cow back in the NFL are gone, that the niners after gore will be going to the three headed monster that is in place by most teams.
Originally posted by WildBill:
I must admit, although I knew the niners would go for a rb, thought it would in the third at the earliest. However, if you gotta go earlier like the second, why not go for the back that is rated the best by most people and fits your style. The sucker is big at 6' and 230+ pounds. He has good balance and power in the videos that are out there and they say almost ways moves forward and not backwards when taken down.

So I think he will get touches as a short yardage back. However, because of his size I could see him in the same backfield as gore and lattimore where he is a blocker or the ball carrier. I sort of pick your poison. Especially since Miller is coming back from injury. Even after that he could also team with Miller in those jumbo packages.

The clues were there, but most of us fans tend to ignore them for our own delusions. We are a run first team, its gore and hunters last year and LMJ is up in the air, and Baalke once said the days of the bell cow back in the NFL are gone, that the niners after gore will be going to the three headed monster that is in place by most teams.
I would still like to see Hunter re-signed. Hunter, Lattimore and Hyde are the ideal 3 headed monster you're talking about, IMO.

Even Gore could potentially be back after this year. If we use him more sparingly this year and keep him fresh he could still be productive this year and beyond. I know he's old, but when he's healthy he's still a beast on the field. And I feel like he'd probably sign a very favorable deal to stay with the 9ers.
I swear, after watching the highlights he looks like Gore in his early years - downhill, bursts through tight holes, ZERO dancing, violent at the second level, more break away speed than expected, exceptional short yardage runner - exactly what we have been missing. I LOVE THIS GUY.

This is clearly Lattimore insurance and motivation. With this guy running violent, Lattimore will have to get over his mental hesitancy fast to compete.

Not the RB I wanted and definitely not where I thought we'd get one...

But damn I'm excited about this dude. A+ pick.
Funny how the team strengths get stronger and the weaknesses seem to become strengths!

RB: Strength to super strength.
WR: Weakness to strength (if they actually use them)
QB: Better, but will Gabbert develop?
OL: Strong and getting stronger--love adding a true center and a developmental OG (Thomas may be seen as a steal in later years)
TE: Static

DL: Super Strength (added two developmental guys)
OLB: Strength--static
ILB: Strength to super strength
CB: OK to better (faster and more potential but who knows? 3 late picks and Ward)
S: OK to strength with potential for super strength. Trade Whitner for Bethea and Ward...good deal.

No one can know if these guys will have an impact this year but I really like this draft (and FA/trades) and believe the team is much stronger going into next year.
got the best RB in the draft 2 years in a row LOL

suck it, league
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:

Gore is not fast.
Originally posted by Kaep14:
From watching YouTube , he reminds me little like Marshawn Lynch

Carlos Hyde falls short of Marshawn Lynch in one particular skill:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3MGMXmRIGM
Share 49ersWebzone