There are 286 users in the forums

What WR now?

Originally posted by GoldenJoe:
Maybe we let Osgood walk...great ST player but Ward was great on ST at NIU and if we can fit another talented WR on the roster, Osgood has no upside. He was a great core ST guy though but we have a few of those already....

Haarbalke learned their lesson on letting core ST players go in 2012. It will not happen. Boobie is already gone. Osgood is a lock IMO. Best ST player on the roster.
[ Edited by IdahoNiner on May 9, 2014 at 1:56 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by English:
Yes. DL and CB in the 2nd now?

BPA all the way I'm guessing. I'm sure they'll select at least another CB but it might not be as early as some expect. DL represents some nice value if they can get either Tuitt or Hageman. Wouldn't be shocked to see an OLB like Murphy or some OL help.

The rumor mill says that the 9ers are working furiously to trade up higher into the 2nd..if so, they're targeting 1 or 2 players that either fit a need or have fallen beyond what they thought possible. Again..just rumors.
[ Edited by Jakemall on May 9, 2014 at 1:58 PM ]
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
I see us drafting a KR that can also play WR, not the other way around.

Don't think we'll do it in rounds 2 or 3 tho.

John Brown late in the draft is an interesting guy to look at.
Originally posted by Jakemall:

BPA all the way I'm guessing. I'm sure they'll select at least another CB but it might not be as early as some expect. DL represents some nice value if they can get either Tuitt or Hageman. Wouldn't be shocked to see an OLB like Murphy or some OL help.

The rumor mill says that the 9ers are working furiously to trade up higher into the 2nd..if so, they're targeting 1 or 2 players. Again..just rumors.

If they move up its to target either a C or dline IMO.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
I see us drafting a KR that can also play WR, not the other way around.

Don't think we'll do it in rounds 2 or 3 tho.

John Brown late in the draft is an interesting guy to look at.

Jalen Saunders.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

The rumor mill says that the 9ers are working furiously to trade up higher into the 2nd..if so, they're targeting 1 or 2 players. Again..just rumors.

Isn't Nix still out there? Ealy too.

Edit: could be a center.
[ Edited by Jakemall on May 9, 2014 at 1:59 PM ]
Maybe we let Osgood walk...great ST player but Ward was great on ST at NIU and if we can fit another talented WR on the roster, Osgood has no upside. He was a great core ST guy though but we have a few of those already....

Tough issue.

yes to both?
  • Phil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phil:
I dont see us going WR in the second or third now. Likely get someone in the later rounds. Jalen Saunders or Jeff Janis, etc.

I think, unfortunately, we're planning to replace both Crabtree and Boldin. Crabs after this season and Boldin after the next. We can get first rd talent in this years second round. Johnson would be Crab's replacement and Mathews or Robinson Boldin's replacement. Next years draft will be lacking in WR talent. This is the year to draft WR replacements, save next years draft for other needs.

We can only Carry so many WR's. Crabtree, Boldin, Johnson, Osgood, and Patton are all likely locks. That really leaves room for only one WR on the roster.

Ya, one draft pick. Send Lloyd and Baldwin home. We're loaded with picks this season and next year the only viable WR's will be in early first round, if even at all. I really like Crabtree but....he's going to be looking to get paid. Only one life and he's going to want to do what's best for he and his family. He's going to want as much money as he can possibly get and we have a lot of players to sign. Boldin will be gone after 2015. There's not going to be anyone in the 2015 draft....at least not in the second round or higher.
I think we will go WR, CB then CB, C, QB

I'd rather have the USC C Martin over Nix
Originally posted by martysofresh:
Whatever reciever we get has to have KR/PR abilities. Dri Archer anybody?

This

Haarbalke learned their lesson on letting core ST players go in 2012. It will not happen. Boobie is already gone. Osgood is a lock IMO. Best ST player on the roster.

Probably right, I'd like to see him back. I just thought Baldwin might be able to show something with that size and speed but some guys are just busts.
The fastest higher-rated receiver left appears to be Donte Moncrief - dude is 6-3 and has been clocked at a 4.35.
Originally posted by crake49:
The fastest higher-rated receiver left appears to be Donte Moncrief - dude is 6-3 and has been clocked at a 4.35.

4.4 at the combine? Still very, very good. Only player I'd like more in Latimer.
Share 49ersWebzone