There are 186 users in the forums

General Draft Predictions

We will have an opportunity to select Evans in the first, but pass on him.
We will have an opportunity to select Benjamin in the second, but pass on him.
Originally posted by Ottawa49er:
Originally posted by Karma:
We have a few predictions: Cooks, Desir, Adams. Come on, people! Go out on that limb and then rub it in our faces after the draft!

Okay, I'm going WAAAYYYY out on a limb with this one. Even though I "want" to jump up for a CB, our FO usually shocks the hell out of me with a pick even though it often works out well in the end, so my bold prediction is: (no laughing).....we trade up with the Ravens for a safety that falls to 17th spot, and "with the 17th pick of the 2014 NFL Draft, the 49ers select.....Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, Safety, Alabama. It's crazy enough that it might just happen, and everyone would freak out.....a normal 1st round reaction on the Zone.

That does seem very "Aldon Smith over Prince Amukamara?" but I dunno. The Niners would be ignoring huge needs at other positions.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
We trade out of 30 into the second round, picking up a fourth, which we combine with a 5th to get back into the third. Trent works the second day of the draft so thouroughly that it will never be able to wear that dress again. Roger Godell is overheard saying, "I'm glad I'm off of the stage after day one. That gravel-voiced bastard is claiming souls out here!" Baalke packages all remaining picks outside of the third for 2015, hands the dude a list for the 7th comp saying, "just pick the first guy who's still there. We'll make him into an H-back."

edit: gravel has a "g" in it

Fantastic...just...fantastic.
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by Ottawa49er:
We have a few predictions: Cooks, Desir, Adams. Come on, people! Go out on that limb and then rub it in our faces after the draft!

Okay, I'm going WAAAYYYY out on a limb with this one. Even though I "want" to jump up for a CB, our FO usually shocks the hell out of me with a pick even though it often works out well in the end, so my bold prediction is: (no laughing).....we trade up with the Ravens for a safety that falls to 17th spot, and "with the 17th pick of the 2014 NFL Draft, the 49ers select.....Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, Safety, Alabama. It's crazy enough that it might just happen, and everyone would freak out.....a normal 1st round reaction on the Zone.

That does seem very "Aldon Smith over Prince Amukamara?" but I dunno. The Niners would be ignoring huge needs at other positions.

I love the prediction, but the big problem I see is that the Ravens need a safety worse than us. Elam looks solid, but they have nothing opposite him. If Ha-Ha is still there, the Ravens grab him.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
We will have an opportunity to select Evans in the first, but pass on him.
We will have an opportunity to select Benjamin in the second, but pass on him.

I would be a little disappointed if we passed on Evans, but happy to pass on Benjamin. I wouldn't touch Benjamin with anything higher than our third third rounder.
I have a feeling we draft Benjamin in the second round

But I also have a feeling we will make a splash trade also so idk what to expect.
After the Rams trade Bradford to the Raiders they take Manziel and the Niners take advantage of the chaos at the top of the draft to swoop in and take Watkins by trading the #30 and LMJ.

[ Edited by ChaunceyGardner on May 6, 2014 at 8:50 AM ]
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
After the Rams trade Bradford to the Raiders they take Manziel and the Niners take advantage of the chaos at the top of the draft to swoop in and take Watkins by trading the #30 and LMJ.

lol we would win the draft automatically if this happened.
fidel goodell gets boo'ed....a lot
We will NOT draft an outside linebacker or an offensive lineman during the first or second days, but we will draft a running back on the second day
[ Edited by SFL49ER on May 6, 2014 at 9:12 AM ]

We have an abundance of mock drafts and big boards in the forum. I thought it would be fun to do a general prediction thread.

1. Johnny Manziel will be a Cleveland Brown, but not with their first pick. He will drop out of the top ten and they will trade back in to get him.

2. Stephon Tuitt will not get out of the first round. The Steelers or the Seahawks will grab him.

3. The Niners will trade DOWN. I see the #30 pick being used to get a first rounder next year and a mid rounder this year. LaMichael James may be part of that transaction.

4. Only two QBs will go in the first round, both by teams that trade for the pick.

This could end up being a great I-Told-You-So thread.

1. I Told You So!!!!

2. I was surprised at the Shazier pick for the Steelers. I guess Tuitt's injury is more severe than we thought.

3. Well, they didn't trade up.

4. If it weren't for the Vikings, I would have hit this one as well.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
My prediction is Baalke will do something none of us thought about!

Nailed it!
Originally posted by NickSh49:
3. The Niners will trade DOWN. I see the #30 pick being used to get a first rounder next year and a mid rounder this year. LaMichael James may be part of that transaction

This will never happen. I guarantee it. Niners will trade up. There's no logic in accumulating more picks when we already have 11. Seven guys will barely make the roster, let alone 11!

#IToldYouSoThread

Well, we were both wrong!
  • evil
  • Veteran
2. I was surprised at the Shazier pick for the Steelers.

Solid pick from the Steelers. Once upon a time Pitt took a safety who ran a 4.3 and had a 43 inch vert, now they take an ILB with 4.3 speed and a 42 inch vert. Scary to think what Dick Lebeau can do with someone like Shazier's skill set in the middle of his defense.
Originally posted by KRS-1:
2. I was surprised at the Shazier pick for the Steelers.

Solid pick from the Steelers. Once upon a time Pitt took a safety who ran a 4.3 and had a 43 inch vert, now they take an ILB with 4.3 speed and a 42 inch vert. Scary to think what Dick Lebeau can do with someone like Shazier's skill set in the middle of his defense.

I am a huge OSU fan and Shazier's athleticism is undeniable. He could be an absolute monster for them. My worry with Shazier was his instincts. He would make a ridiculous play to stuff a RB for a loss, and then shoot the wrong gap the next two plays. But, if anyone can get the most out of him, it will be LeBeau.
Share 49ersWebzone