There are 233 users in the forums

Which position do you think the 49ers will take FIRST in the NFL Draft?

Which position do you think the 49ers will take FIRST in the NFL Draft?

We all know the 49ers need CB's and WR's. There is value at both positions late round 2 and in round 3 where we have 5 picks. It depends on which players they can get later they like the best. If they really like the WR's they can get in rounds 2 and 3 they will go CB. IF they really like the CB's they can get in rounds 2 and 3 they will go WR. If they really players at both positions available in rounds 2 and 3 they may go D-line or pass rusher or trade back.

Either way they will be spending premium picks at both positions in a deep draft for both.
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
Originally posted by Travisty13:
Kicker.

You're funny.

Most utilized part of our team.
Kicker.

You're funny.

Raiders did it.
Would you use a 1st on some one who could make a 60 yard field goal 70% of the time??
Originally posted by Since07:
Kicker.

You're funny.

Raiders did it.
Would you use a 1st on some one who could make a 60 yard field goal 70% of the time??

Only if he's an overweight alcoholic.
CBs

Chris Culliver
Eric Wright
Chris Cook
Tramaine Brock
Darryl Morris
Perrish Cox
Dax Swanson

WRS

Boldin
Crabtree
Patton
Baldwin
Osgood
Lloyd
Jacobs
Devon Wylie
DeMarco Sampson
David Reed

I like our DB roster better than the WRs lets go wideout
Originally posted by MC9BEAT:
We all know the 49ers need CB's and WR's. There is value at both positions late round 2 and in round 3 where we have 5 picks. It depends on which players they can get later they like the best. If they really like the WR's they can get in rounds 2 and 3 they will go CB. IF they really like the CB's they can get in rounds 2 and 3 they will go WR. If they really players at both positions available in rounds 2 and 3 they may go D-line or pass rusher or trade back.

Either way they will be spending premium picks at both positions in a deep draft for both.

I could see them waiting till Rd 2 and 3 for WRs and CBs.

1. Lawrence OLB
2. Moncrief WR
2. Easly DE
3. Desir CB
3. Turner OG
3. Loston SS

Just throwing an idea out there.
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
Originally posted by Since07:
Kicker.

You're funny.

Raiders did it.

Only if he's an overweight alcoholic.

And I'd trade up into the top 15 to snag him. Have him kick field goals on first down. We'd win 33-7 every game (7 was just a garbage touchdown in the 4th,no worries)
Originally posted by NCommand:
S Calvin Pryor.

Been sayin it for a while. He's a top 10 talent.
I think Baalke should take a WR, but my guess is CB. If Culliver escapes jail time or significant suspension time, he'll be able to play this season. So, with Crabtree entering the final year of his initial contract and expecting to get paid as one of the elite, WR seems like a more pressing position than CB. Both are needed, but I see WR as the most critical.
Ahmad Brooks Confident in New 49ers Secondary http://t.co/bGOJaza4Lm @AhmadBrooks55 #49ers #NFL

Originally posted by theninermaniac:

Been sayin it for a while. He's a top 10 talent.

It would be good value. He'd have 5 years on the team, a year to learn the system and take over if Reid gets too many concussions or if Bethea suddenly becomes over the hill. There'd still be plenty of corners and recievers to draft as well.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
It's been a tough decision.

For sometime it's been CB for me.

BUT, for 2 reasons I think it's WR:

1st Resigning Crabs is gong to be brutal. His agent, Parker and Crbas will make it VERY tough. Also, I think they'll want to test the FA water to see how much $$$$$ they can get.

2nd I feel Odell Beckham is almost a perfect fit and IMO is pro-ready.

I think we can get him trading up at #16 w/Cowboys like we did last year when we got Reid.

Yea id rather stay put and try to grab brandon cooks.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
I think Baalke should take a WR, but my guess is CB. If Culliver escapes jail time or significant suspension time, he'll be able to play this season. So, with Crabtree entering the final year of his initial contract and expecting to get paid as one of the elite, WR seems like a more pressing position than CB. Both are needed, but I see WR as the most critical.

Agreed. 49ers cannot go into the season with just Boldin/Crabs/Lloyd/Patton. They need to invest for the present AND future with a franchise receiver.
Originally posted by 49er_Rider:
Ahmad Brooks Confident in New 49ers Secondary http://t.co/bGOJaza4Lm @AhmadBrooks55 #49ers #NFL

His video gets you fired up!
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by 49er_Rider:

His video gets you fired up!

Share 49ersWebzone