There are 162 users in the forums

Which position do you think the 49ers will take FIRST in the NFL Draft?

Which position do you think the 49ers will take FIRST in the NFL Draft?

Just curious to see where the zone's collective head is at.

Predict the position you think the 49ers will draft in the first round... not the position you want them to take.
Kicker.
It's been a tough decision.

For sometime it's been CB for me.

BUT, for 2 reasons I think it's WR:

1st Resigning Crabs is gong to be brutal. His agent, Parker and Crbas will make it VERY tough. Also, I think they'll want to test the FA water to see how much $$$$$ they can get.

2nd I feel Odell Beckham is almost a perfect fit and IMO is pro-ready.

I think we can get him trading up at #16 w/Cowboys like we did last year when we got Reid.
S Calvin Pryor.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
It's been a tough decision.

For sometime it's been CB for me.

BUT, for 2 reasons I think it's WR:

1st Resigning Crabs is gong to be brutal. His agent, Parker and Crbas will make it VERY tough. Also, I think they'll want to test the FA water to see how much $$$$$ they can get.

2nd I feel Odell Beckham is almost a perfect fit and IMO is pro-ready.

I think we can get him trading up at #16 w/Cowboys like we did last year when we got Reid.

This.

The 49ers will not go into a season with no insurance at WR besides Patton & Lloyd. They will invest for the future now. They have to... AJ Jenkins was supposed to be the guy, and now they have nothing at the position besides their two starters.
Originally posted by NickSh49:
This.

The 49ers will not go into a season with no insurance at WR besides Patton & Lloyd. They will invest for the future now. They have to... AJ Jenkins was supposed to be the guy, and now they have nothing at the position besides their two starters.

Agree.

And along those lines, if Crabs gets injured again it will, on FO's Part, affect the resigning negotiations. I think Beckham is similar to Crabs and will be an excellent Pro.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Originally posted by NickSh49:
This.

Agree.

And along those lines, if Crabs gets injured again it will, on FO's Part, affect the resigning negotiations. I think Beckham is similar to Crabs and will be an excellent Pro.

Every year, we've been decimated at the WR position. Whether it's Manningham or Crabs or Kyle Williams or Josh Morgan or whomever gets injured and we're stuck playing dudes who shouldn't be more than #3's.

They will invest for the future now. They want a franchise player at the position to replace Crabs or Boldin. They won't wait. Believe!
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Andy Lee is really old now, SOLID chance we'll go punter with the first pick!!
  • dugo
  • Veteran
Gotta say # 30 is gonna be WR,,gotta hope anyway.. this draft is more loaded with high talent at CB then at WR . I think the Niners can pick up some starter quality talent at CB in the 2nd easily.Theres a big drop off after the early 2 second rd in WR and any remaining quality I think will be sucked up by the time our first 2nd rd pick comes up unless there are some diamonds in the rough but do the niners really want to take that risk ala AJ Junk-ins???
If they stand pat, CB. If the move up, it will probably be for a playmaker at wideout.

They are truly insane if they don't take CB after what happened this offseason in FA and felony arrests. Yeah best available but if it's close we really need CB. Maybe 2 out of the first 3 picks at CB.
Ask me this question may 7th if Crabtree gets injured it will be Wr
I think our front office is pretty confident that we can get a good receiver to stretch the field at 56 or 61so I think it will be a corner. I think we may even trade up to do it (Dennard please). I can also see the argument for an OLB, but I think that is a long shot at best.
Originally posted by Travisty13:
Kicker.

You're funny.
I voted CB, however, I would not be surprised if we take a DE or OLB.
Share 49ersWebzone