LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 283 users in the forums

Which WR would you select between these two?

Which WR would you select between these two?

Honestly, I think Evans would be an incredible deep threat for us even though he doesn't have elite speed. You can send him down the field and there are very few CB's in the league who could cover him without help over the top. He made Manziel look really good by just out jumping the defense and coming up with almost every contested ball in college. He'd also be unbelievable in the red zone with his height, arm length, vertical, and ability to high point the ball. Evans will be a better red zone threat than anyone currently on our roster and that can make a difference as we've seen the past 2 seasons.

Cooks is faster, but Evans' jump ball ability makes him almost as big of a downfield threat and a much better red zone threat. He's also a much better blocker which matters in this offense.

If somehow both of these guys were available at 30 or we traded up and got a choice, I would take Evans and pick up a slot receiver and/or returner later. Cooks fills a bigger need (slot receiver), but I wouldn't draft strictly for need in the first round.
Originally posted by valrod33:
How about a guy who is tall and fast?

Also i dont get the Evans=Moss comparison

Got my Vote,I'm truely want this guy,and either Cooks or Beckham 9ers if they are SMART would draft for the future, Moncreif and Cooks or Moncreif and Beckham...Like clint Eastwood; Make My Day.
They're my two favorite WR's in the draft. I'd prefer Evans but my man crush on Cooks grows everyday. If we can get one of them and one of the top 5 CB's and a future starter at SS we can let the time expire on all the rest of the picks and I'd be fine with it.
Originally posted by jrouter4949:

Got my Vote,I'm truely want this guy,and either Cooks or Beckham 9ers if they are SMART would draft for the future, Moncreif and Cooks or Moncreif and Beckham...Like clint Eastwood; Make My Day.

I'm all for Moncreif as well.
I would like to see us get Cooks and Moncrief with Kyle Fuller in between. Then, we would be talkin'!
Originally posted by 60sFan:
I would like to see us get Cooks and Moncrief with Kyle Fuller in between. Then, we would be talkin'!

Honestly, I don't see Moncrief making it to the end of the 2nd. Too many people will compare him to Josh Gordon, and he doesn't have the same issues. Someone should make that jump before we get to our second pick (and it should be us).
Evans will not be anywhere close to being around at the end of the 1st round, so this question is most likely moot. A better question is if both Beckham and Cooks should be available then, who'd be the pick. For me, it'd be Cooks...he was ultra-productive at Ore St. He's also put together better than Beckham, who's built more like Manningham, and we know he's still torn up over injuries. We have plenty of size at WR...what we don't have is speed and Cooks brings that, big-time, plus he can be a factor in the return game.
Cooks has a lot of speed but there have been many wide receivers with speed that didn't pan out. Donte Stallworth for example. Didn't AJ Jenkins have speed?

If all we need is speed to beat Seattle why not draft Dri Archer in the 5th or 6th round and line him up in the slot or out wide, He's faster than Cooks and catches the ball well.

It remains to be seen what kind of pros both of these guys will make.

I would be creaming all over with those 3
Evans is more of a lock in my opine .

I like Cooks but what about Patton? If Cooks signs will he become the return man and will that make LMJ expendable? Evans may go too high for the 49ers to deal. There are many options.
Originally posted by tohara3:

I want Moncrief & Martavias Bryant

Now we're talking...
I would much rather have the next Vincent Jackson personally. You can do so much in the redzone with a big player to score. A place we struggle badly. Jackson was a beast here in San Diego for years. He's pretty good in Tampa Bay too when he left as a free agent. He's just on such a bad team with a young QB and bad talent around him. But IMO he is still individually good. 6'5" 231 lbs. and 4.5 speed with excellent hands and an ability to go up and get the ball is not something I would pass up. But we would have to trade up for him and he may be worth trading up for too btw. I would be ok with that trade.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I'll take Donte Moncrief or Jordan Matthews instead of both Cooks and Evans....yes I said it.
Originally posted by 49er_Rider:

I would be creaming all over with those 3

Is that you, Charles Haley?
Share 49ersWebzone