There are 174 users in the forums

AB's Annual Collaborative Mock Draft, picks thread DRAFT COMPLETED

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by solidg2000:
Originally posted by 4ML:
I'll also add these to my list...these are top of the list guys.

B.J. Raji (9th overall)
Haloti Ngata (12th overall)

I can name up and coming players who have had 1 or 2 years of good years...Corey Liuget and Cameron Heyward as well (both 1st rounders) but I'm talkin' about guys who have stayed near the top for at least 3-4 years.

Brett Kiesel
Kyle Williams

Yea...never said you can't ever find a DE gem later in draft. The odds of hitting it is super low. You've to go back several years to find couple. I rest my case.

Seahawks pick coming up.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
[ Edited by 4ML on Feb 14, 2014 at 9:23 PM ]
Who Did the Broncos take?
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Who Did the Broncos take?

lol...I jumped the gun. I mistakenly thought Broncos took Fuller.
Originally posted by 4ML:
Yea...never said you can't ever find a DE gem later in draft. The odds of hitting it is super low. You've to go back several years to find couple. I rest my case.

Seahawks pick coming up.

I'm sure I'm forgetting some...but Campbell is the only one not drafted in 1st round. He was supposed to be a top 10 pick entering his last year at Miami. He was hailed as the next Julius Peppers. When the draft rolled around...he was still considered a top 20 pick but somehow kept dropping. Obviously, Cardinals got a steal at 50th in Campbell...a player who should have never made it there.

DE in 3-4 or 4-3 is a premium position on defense. Odds are very low to find a Good player at that position outside of 1st round.
Well you said 3-4 or 4-3.
That's why I wrote the first list. Then you said 3-4, so I put up 2 more names
So that pretty much proves it

Bottom line, still not a fan of trading up for Tuitt lol
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by solidg2000:
Well you said 3-4 or 4-3.
That's why I wrote the first list. Then you said 3-4, so I put up 2 more names
So that pretty much proves it

Bottom line, still not a fan of trading up for Tuitt lol

Guys you listed are few and not on the same level - except Jared Allen lol. I did say great 4-3 ends are also hard to find outside 1st round but didn't list them. 4-3 guys you listed are not even close to the guys I mentioned and I didn't bring up guys like Ware, Aldon, Von Miller, Suggs, etc. If I listed all of them - that list will be much longer.

Anyway, my picks aren't going to please everyone. But, thanks for your input. I love tuitt's potential and am glad I was able to get him. I prefer not reaching for players to fill a need...especially when we have 10+ picks.
Originally posted by birdie2bogey:
The Colts want to go interior line but the value with WR Jarvis Landry is too good to pass on here. He will be the possession receiver they need to complement TY Hilton.

Colts pick Landry even though I would prefer him in Burgundy and Gold.

Need to point out if you're referring to the Niners with 'Burgundy and Gold' it's actually Scarlet Red and Gold. Now on the other hand if you meant the Redskins then you'd be right. No offense but I don't associate the color Burgundy with 49ers anything, especially since the 'Skins are so dysfunctional, RG3 is actually a narcissistic primadonna and Shanahan looks like a rat, etc. Okay I'm done so pardon my rant and my OCD on the color scheme. Go Niners!
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Originally posted by birdie2bogey:
The Colts want to go interior line but the value with WR Jarvis Landry is too good to pass on here. He will be the possession receiver they need to complement TY Hilton.

Colts pick Landry even though I would prefer him in Burgundy and Gold.

Need to point out if you're referring to the Niners with 'Burgundy and Gold' it's actually Scarlet Red and Gold. Now on the other hand if you meant the Redskins then you'd be right. No offense but I don't associate the color Burgundy with 49ers anything, especially since the 'Skins are so dysfunctional, RG3 is actually a narcissistic primadonna and Shanahan looks like a rat, etc. Okay I'm done so pardon my rant and my OCD on the color scheme. Go Niners!
Thanks you for the correction. It wont happen again.
With pick # 63, the Broncos select....

C/G --- Travis Swanson --- {Arkansas}

Broncos will need to add quality to their interior OL... and Swanson presents excellent value here at the bottom of rd 2.
Texans select OT Ja'Wuan James out of Tennessee

• evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BadgerHawk:
lmao..another runningback to muddy the water in Carolina?! Why not WR or a DB? Sounds like they could lose one. Either way they have needs in other areas.

With 20+ million currently in cap space and more money to be potentially freed up via releases and or restructures, I would bite the bullet on Steward and eat the 7+ million dollar cap hit. He has not been healthy nor productive when he has been on the field as of late. Cam is not Rodgers back there and is going to need a run game to set up the pass game. I'm also assuming they nab a starting WR in FA and won't be pressed to draft one.

And I already drafted a DB in the first.
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by BadgerHawk:
lmao..another runningback to muddy the water in Carolina?! Why not WR or a DB? Sounds like they could lose one. Either way they have needs in other areas.

With 20+ million currently in cap space and more money to be potentially freed up via releases and or restructures, I would bite the bullet on Steward and eat the 7+ million dollar cap hit. He has not been healthy nor productive when he has been on the field as of late. Cam is not Rodgers back there and is going to need a run game to set up the pass game. I'm also assuming they nab a starting WR in FA and won't be pressed to draft one.

And I already drafted a DB in the first.

I understand your logic but I just don't see them spending that high of pick on a non-starter with potential needs at OL, S, DE and WR.
4ML, do your job RIGHT

;)
Originally posted by communist:
4ML, do your job RIGHT

;)

Yea pick a great player that will piss everyone off ... Tuitt N Ward
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
The scouts present at the Senior Bowl and ShrineGame practices liked what they saw from the CB from this little school in Missouri. He's a big CB (6'1 205lbs), looked more agile and faster than other big CBs. According to the nfldraftscout.com - coaching staff also praised him for his awareness in locating the ball and even peeling off his man to pursue the ball-carrier.

There are several full-game footage on Youtube of this guy.

CB Pierre Desir, Lindenwood
Share 49ersWebzone