LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 217 users in the forums

AB's Annual Collaborative Mock Draft, picks thread DRAFT COMPLETED

We've got Carradine and TJE. The former one was a 1st-round prospect before his injury, irrc. The latter one proved that he can take over for RayMac, if needed.
IF a guy like Tuitt is availabile with our pick or SLIGHTLY above, i'm ok with the pick. But you gave too much imho. Worst case, we have to replace Boldin, Crabtree, Kaepernick, Gore, Justin, Dorsey, Ian, Iupati, Goodwin and some other guys...now you could come up and say, wait Justin is a DE...yeah, but 1)we got Tank, 2)you jumped too high, 3)we could jump next year too and 4)you can always find good DEs imo.

I prefer to try it with Easley at the end of the 3rd or in the 4th although he is a very high risk given his injury history.
Our priority is to draft A LOT of replacements now,,,WR, CB, SS, C, G. We can count ourselves lucky if Kilgore and Looney can fill the last two needs.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
We will have 10+ draft picks...we will fill some of the needs. You can't always find good DLs. Best DLs are usually found in 1st round. Good Gs, Cs, DBs, RBs can be found later in the draft.

Maybe our definition of good is different. I think Ray McDonald is an above average starter...who has had knee issues throughout his career and we should be okay with him as long as Justin Smith is playing at elite level on the other side. If Justin Smith starts to show his age...and that's a good possibility - Ray McDonald can be easily neutralized on the other side. Carradine is coming off a serious injury...and TJE did an admiral job...but he didn't prove anything except he's a decent back-up.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Top DEs in the NFL and their draft slot:

J.J. Watt (11th)
Cameron Jordan (24th)
Justin Smith (4th)
Muhammad Wilkerson (30th)

Calais Campbell (50th)
Robert Quinn (14th)
Chris Long (2nd)
Julius Peppers (2nd)

I'm sure I'm forgetting some...but Campbell is the only one not drafted in 1st round. He was supposed to be a top 10 pick entering his last year at Miami. He was hailed as the next Julius Peppers. When the draft rolled around...he was still considered a top 20 pick but somehow kept dropping. Obviously, Cardinals got a steal at 50th in Campbell...a player who should have never made it there.

DE in 3-4 or 4-3 is a premium position on defense. Odds are very low to find a Good player at that position outside of 1st round.
[ Edited by 4ML on Feb 14, 2014 at 12:59 PM ]
Cincinnati selects Brandin Cooks WR Oregon St.
Not sure who's OTC right now...
49ers moving down this time, trade with Washington, for 3rd and 5th rounders,
with London Fletcher a FA and likely retiring, the Redskins take UConn ILB Yawin Smallwood.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
with London Fletcher a FA and likely retiring, the Redskins take UConn ILB Yawin Smallwood.

Almost drafted him...solidg
With pick # 57, the San Diego Chargers select...

NT -- Daquan Jones -- Penn State

Cam Thomas has not worked out in the middle, and it's dragging SD's excellent DEs (Liuget/Reyes) down... dragging the whole defense down. In comes the new blood.
  • evil
  • Veteran
New Orleans selects Ed Reynolds S Stanford

Originally posted by 4ML:
Almost drafted him...solidg

The Colts want to go interior line but the value with WR Jarvis Landry is too good to pass on here. He will be the possession receiver they need to complement TY Hilton.

Colts pick Landry even though I would prefer him in Burgundy and Gold.
Nice pick. I do agree on the reasoning 100%. Additionally to that, Wayne will turn 36 during the upcoming season. Huge need at WR.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Carolina selects Carlos Hyde RB Ohio State
lmao..another runningback to muddy the water in Carolina?! Why not WR or a DB? Sounds like they could lose one. Either way they have needs in other areas.
Share 49ersWebzone